YesNoOk

Problem with video card? (Read 27220 times)

Started by Rayfa, June 18, 2017, 02:43:36 pm
Share this topic:
Problem with video card?
#1  June 18, 2017, 02:43:36 pm
So, this happened on my laptop, last last 1 year ago, it was when I first installed Windows 10 on it, my older brother encouraged me to update it to Windows 10. It was working fine, atleast, at the first day it was. About 3 days passed, when I was playing mid-game, and a bluescreen occured, showing this very error 'atikmpag.sys'. Just this year, we called in someone to fix it, well, it was working fine. I think the technician broke more of it, I wasn't able to play any of my games anymore. HELP
Re: Problem with video card?
#2  June 23, 2017, 12:27:05 am
update your graphic card's driver.
right click "this pc" go to manage then go to device manager, go to display adopters and see whats your graphic card is called.
then just google it's name with the word driver next to it, download the latest drivers from the offical website only.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Re: Problem with video card?
New #3  June 24, 2017, 04:10:15 am
There is two, displayed on the Display Adapter, so that means, that I should update the both of them?

EDIT: So, apparently, AMD got an 'auto-detector' that detects my graphic card then install the very latest version of it, but it still doesn't work. It doesn't hang anymore, but after trying to run some apps (Chrome, games, etc.) will trigger hang, and give me the bluescreen once again.

Posted: June 24, 2017, 01:07:34 pm
I tried every other method, but they don't seem to work. Guess I'll just wait 'till my new PC arrives.
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:07:34 pm by Sub Zero