YesNoOk

Updating stickies (Read 41299 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, March 07, 2012, 09:12:50 pm
Share this topic:
Updating stickies
#1  March 07, 2012, 09:12:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can we update the stickies in the Introduction and Guides board? Most of the stuff is very out of date! I understand keeping all those links for novelty sake or for those that simply refuse to update their mugen, but having all that old info in 1 place is a bit of an overload for someone that just wants to get started.

Not to mention half the sites linked are probably dead by now and/or moved. Most of the posts haven't changed since I made them o_O

I simply came to look and find a link to get the newest version of Mugen from Elecbyte and see what programs are the "best" to use now. I think it is Fighter Factory but I'm worried I'll get the wrong version. I don't see it in the FAQs. Last time I tried googling it I found it on a few different sites. Now I can easily search for the thread here on Guild where they are still working on it to make sure I get the correct version but I shouldn't have to go through this much trouble. Back when I was last attempting to make a character sffmaker was the best and I got pretty good at using it. Has Fighter Factory replaced that with the sff2 format being added to the new mugen?

Since I started a lot of the topics that are stickied I can still edit them. Though I think a complete overhaul is needed. When I was into the mugen scene heavily all those links were just peachy. But coming back I see how overwhelming it can all be. Would the admins mind if I started trying to update this stuff?

Since I don't know about most new methods or programs for ripping and etc I'd need help from the community here. I think the information should be given out via mugen port.

As in everything made for DOS mugen should be in a spoiler and together.
Same with Win Mugen, Linux Mugen, and HD Mugen(?)

The newest mugen should be the 1st information everyone sees. Under it should be the most relevant information needed to get started. Though get started can be a 2 tier thing on it's own. Most people will want to get started playing. While the rest will want to jump in to learning how to create using the most advised programs.

Shamrock has a sticky already there for quick playing questions. I'm not sure how many programs are out there for this either. I remember a few were made for helping put characters into mugen quicker. I suppose 1 FAQ could be for play and the other for Creation.

Would anyone mind me trying to start this? And would we have suggestions or better ways to organize this than what I just mentioned above? Or do you all think they are fine as they are and I'm just too out of touch here to see that?
Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:19:19 pm by Just No Point
Re: Updating stickies
#2  March 07, 2012, 09:21:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I will get my best men on the case.And a few forced helping hands.
#3  March 07, 2012, 09:32:58 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
IMHO it's time to thrash the "Mugen Web Sites (advertise here)" and "FAQ - DOWNLOAD MUGEN" threads. Shamrock's FAQ could use some reformatting and a update (I could do that).

Back when I was last attempting to make a character sffmaker was the best and I got pretty good at using it. Has Fighter Factory replaced that with the sff2 format being added to the new mugen?

FF became the standard years before the new mugen.
#4  March 07, 2012, 09:37:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Asked koopakoot to give you a hand, coordinate around with him anything extra you need.

Anything I can help via facebook announcements or whatever, just let me know.
#5  March 07, 2012, 09:46:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
IMHO it's time to thrash the "Mugen Web Sites (advertise here)" and "FAQ - DOWNLOAD MUGEN" threads. Shamrock's FAQ could use some reformatting and a update (I could do that).
FF became the standard years before the new mugen.
I figured that. Just didn't know for sure. I haven't attempted creation since like 2004 I think. I was Using FF for everything except the sff creation. At the time sffmaker was still recommended

I agree that they should be "trashed" (just unstickied to preserve them in case we mess something up we still have those old resource posts to go back and get info)

Asked koopakoot to give you a hand, coordinate around with him anything extra you need.

Anything I can help via facebook announcements or whatever, just let me know.

Talking to me or Cyan? Just curious who is supposed to start the new threads and coordinate the most. I'm fine if you are wanting to keep it to the users that have proven to be more active.
#6  March 07, 2012, 09:49:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Both im talking to both. Koopa has practice in things going on at the moment
#7  March 08, 2012, 03:58:08 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Just No Point: UPDATE THE SPRITE THREAD WHILE YOU'RE COMPLAINING >:(
#8  March 08, 2012, 03:04:39 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll update it after we get all this more important starter stuff working! :P

Okay so right off the bat all links for old mugens are broken

Where do we find Dos, Linux, Windows, and HD Mugen? Is this where we want to link people? http://www.mgbr.net/index.php?lang=PTBR&end=multi&id=131&sid=25827 What happened to them being hosted on Guild?

Is Fighter Factory the standard for all versions of mugen?

And what other developmental programs are recommended most? Are there new versions of vel calculator?
Are sndmaker, fntmaker, sprmaker, airedit, pcxclean, sffextract, and Neogouki's MakeAct still relevant?

What happened with Mugen Character Maker, Mugen Edit Ensemble, and ZCharCad? Out of date? Viable alternatives? Any other programs like these that should be noted?

Tin's site is dead. Is his MST coding program still useful? I presume FF has replaced it as well. What about Font Maker? We have a better program for those?

What other programs do we want to add to assist in data mining and creation? (not talking about sprite ripping yet) Velcalculator? Artmoney? That it?
#9  March 08, 2012, 04:17:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Current FAQ temporarily updated with suggestions from koopakoot  :D Once the FAQ is in a decent state we can unsticky the old one and let a moderator repost the new one!

FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions

What is M.U.G.E.N?

M.U.G.E.N (also known simply as MUGEN) is a freeware 2D fighting game engine designed by Elecbyte. More information can be found on its Wikipedia page found here

How Do I download M.U.G.E.N?

The latest version of MUGEN is available on Elecbyte's site.Get the latest version of mugen (1.0) right here.

I am having trouble with configuring my mugen. Where do I need to post to get my questions answered?

The "M.U.G.E.N Configuration Help" board is where you should post to get your questions on how to configure your mugen answered.

I am interested in MUGEN creation. Where can I find some tips to get me started?

There are tutorials in a folder called "docs" within your mugen folder. Check out the tutorials to get some basic character creation tips. Be sure to check the files called air.html, cns.html, sctrls.html and trigger.html to learn the basics of mugen creation. There is a four part tutorial that shows how to make a basic character.

I am having a few problems with MUGEN creation. Where should I go to find a solution to my problem?

The solution usually exists within the problem domain. My lecturer told me that once. Alternatively, you can check out the
M.U.G.E.N Development Help board. If you ask a question here, you are bound to get an answer, but endeavor to solve problems on your own.

EDIT: I think we'll stick with Koopakoot's format. Y'know, actually asking questions!

The stuff I was mentioning earlier should be for the tools thread Messatsu made eons ago
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=41715.0

Also just found a FAQ made by Cyanide
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=63562.0

So I'll probably combine the 2

old FAQ for prosperity http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=37273.0
Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:08:11 pm by Just No Point
#10  March 08, 2012, 06:26:41 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Is Fighter Factory the standard for all versions of mugen?
Yes, it even works for the unreleased MUGEN 1.1

And what other developmental programs are recommended most? Are there new versions of vel calculator?
Are sndmaker, fntmaker, sprmaker, airedit, pcxclean, sffextract, and Neogouki's MakeAct still relevant?
[E] made a speedup calculator for turbo velocities; dunno if he released it though. All the default MUGEN tools save for I think sprmaker and airedit are unusable on x64 IIRC.

What happened with Mugen Character Maker, Mugen Edit Ensemble, and ZCharCad? Out of date? Viable alternatives? Any other programs like these that should be noted?
MCM - works in x64, but it's outdated and cannot display non-shared images properly. MEE, unsure about x64 compatibility, but it had problems displaying non-shared images as well (would just say invalid rather than an improperly paletted sprite like MCM). ZCharCad was recently updated by VirtuallTek to work with SFFv2.0, but Fighter Factory succeeds it.

Tin's site is dead. Is his MST coding program still useful? I presume FF has replaced it as well. What about Font Maker? We have a better program for those?
Not sure what MST is. Font Factory by VirtuallTek replaces Font Maker, though I think the latter still works on x64.

What other programs do we want to add to assist in data mining and creation? (not talking about sprite ripping yet) Velcalculator? Artmoney? That it?
The LUA scripting plugins for builds of MAME-rr (including FBA-rr).
#11  March 08, 2012, 09:47:53 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
I would also add more 'technical' questions that bug the player from day one like: How can I add more characters/satges/stuff? Why is my screen so big? how can I play 1-on1 vs the cpu?.

(Will edit this post later)
#12  March 09, 2012, 12:39:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Unless people are really interested, in the interest of making creation more streamlined so the resources do not change i would prefer MEE MCM and Zcharcad were put into archive/old/no longer used status.

This is not saying they are bad, or never use them or anything like that but that from an assistance view we don't need to work out what program people are using. It's outright "In FF you do this"

Having spent a lot of time with it, it's easily the most streamlined and usable product of the ones available.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#13  March 09, 2012, 04:46:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I would also add more 'technical' questions that bug the player from day one like: How can I add more characters/satges/stuff? Why is my screen so big? how can I play 1-on1 vs the cpu?.

(Will edit this post later)
I think Shamrock and Cyanide's FAQs cover that stuff. So that shouldn't be an issue to add here.

@Jesuszilla: Thanks! That was exceptionally helpful. I'll contact [E] about his new velcalculator.

What is this?
The LUA scripting plugins for builds of MAME-rr (including FBA-rr).
I've never heard of those. A quick google said that they had this for Nebula as well. Is it more limited on it? (I preferred Nebula back in the day)

Unless people are really interested, in the interest of making creation more streamlined so the resources do not change i would prefer MEE MCM and Zcharcad were put into archive/old/no longer used status.

This is not saying they are bad, or never use them or anything like that but that from an assistance view we don't need to work out what program people are using. It's outright "In FF you do this"

Having spent a lot of time with it, it's easily the most streamlined and usable product of the ones available.

That's what I intended. Only the most recommended and newest versions of MUGEN and creation programs will be seen right off bat.

Old versions and other tools will be in an archived spoiler. Being away from the scene for so many years I'm practically a super newb. I want the FAQs to be as short and have the most relevant info without having to test a bazillion programs.

I probably won't have time to get back to work on this till Sunday due to work and other obligations the next 2 days.
#14  March 12, 2012, 02:46:04 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
May I have editing abilities for locked topics? To make it easier for copy pasting stuff from other people's stickies... :twisted:

Updated the sticky with stuff from Shamrock's sticky

Still need to add Fighter Factory link and info from Cyanide's sticky. Need to add spoiler archive. Maybe reorder some stuff or split some info by category using the hr tag. Right now it looks too much like a sea of words and spaces. Can the search function on the forum search inside spoilers? I may spoiler some larger answers.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Feedback?
Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:55:47 pm by Just No Point
#15  March 12, 2012, 05:17:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
How can I make MUGEN full screen?

This needs a few changes. First and foremost, this is the default mugen 1.0 cfg

;Game native width and height.
 ;Recommended settings are:
 ;  640x480   Standard definition 4:3
 ; 1280x720   High definition 16:9
 ; 1920x1080  Full HD 16:9
GameWidth = 1280
GameHeight = 1080

if you post the winmugen cfg people are probably going to get confused.

Also, most people want to run mugen in a smaller screen, usually the first question/complaint from someone who just made the switch is "Why is the screen so big?", so pointing them how to make it smaller would probably be a more fitting question for the faq.

And lastly, what you get from changing that is a mugen screen as big as your own; not the same as running it fullscreen. You would have to change this line:

;Set to 1 to enable fullscreen mode, 0 for windowed.
FullScreen = 0

Or press alt+enter.

#16  March 12, 2012, 05:24:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thanks. I downloaded the new MUGEN just recently but haven't run it or looked at it yet. Man these stickies really are out of date!
#17  March 13, 2012, 03:04:31 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Okay, it took me going thru a lot of discs but I found Velcalculator! I hope 1.5 was the latest version. [E] says he should be able to get me the other calculator that converts velocities to turbo speed from Capcom games. If anyone else may have it can you link me?

And can we get Velcalculator hosted here on Guild?

I still don't know where we want the old versions of mugens linked. Should I even worry about linking to them? I think Guild should host them. We used to host them but those links are dead now.

Also I have been trying to figure out what this LUA scripting plugin JZ told me about is. I'm not finding a difinitive link. I think it's built into Nebula from my googling. The only thing I saw that it does is show button presses in the emulation. Can I get more information on what this program does and where you get it (sets off to use search function on Guild for previous conversations about it)

Okay I figured it out. It's a scripting language that can be used to do various things in mame-rr (which explains why JZ mentioned that version of mame specifically, I should have googled it 1st :P). And judging by posts on the forum Mugen 1.1 will use this scripting function as well. Neat. I'll need to start looking into this more!

Place holder links
http://code.google.com/p/mame-rr/
http://luatut.com/
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133451.msg1416449#msg1416449

Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:53:40 pm by Just No Point
#18  March 13, 2012, 03:28:35 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Yeah, those LUA scripts are basically the best thing that's happened in years and few people have taken full advantage so far.
#19  March 13, 2012, 03:35:04 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Maybe they have no idea what they are at all! It's not really talked about much here looking through the search function. I suppose you can't really make a tutorial to teach people how to script in it. But we can raise awareness of the possibilities it can unlock.

I'll give as much info on it in the sticky as I can right now. Later I'll hope to come back with a better post showing examples. I already found you can use it to view hit boxes. So the more I find out about it I'll try to present in an easy to understand format to convince more people to start playing with it. Since 1.1 will use it I really don't see a reason for a potential creator to not start learning it now.
#20  March 13, 2012, 03:44:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, those LUA scripts are basically the best thing that's happened in years and few people have taken full advantage so far.

Are not they currently being used to show clsns in capcom games ?
#21  March 13, 2012, 05:31:31 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#22  March 13, 2012, 06:22:17 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:34:16 am by Brokenpots HD

Hell no.
#23  March 13, 2012, 06:44:23 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Yep.  But aside from Xenozip putting up videos and the VSAV wiki on mizuumi getting updated with pics I really don't know who's using them.
Likewise, in the mugen community I don't know anyone other than JZ who's used them for a project.
#24  March 13, 2012, 06:49:05 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=19585.0

Is this topic relevant anymore?
I say keep it there for some people who actually still care about that sort of thing, especially considering that Japan sort of goes by the old rules, if Warusaki's recent behavior was/is any indication and some people may want their releases to be able to be announced there. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as their community is a bit of an enigma due to the fact that it mostly resides on scattered BBS.

Yep.  But aside from Xenozip putting up videos and the VSAV wiki on mizuumi getting updated with pics I really don't know who's using them.
Likewise, in the mugen community I don't know anyone other than JZ who's used them for a project.
Lost_Avenger, Kamekaze, Gal129, possibly Vans.
Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:52:13 pm by Jesuszilla
#25  March 13, 2012, 07:55:32 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I use them (as a loose reference) in my Capcom characters because they're the best I can do without CvS2 hitboxes *cough cough*

Back on topic kind of: although it is not an old sticky (because I just made it), I am still slowly updating the Optional Animation Standards thread. I could use some help in identifying characters which use the animations listed though!
#26  March 13, 2012, 08:31:40 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I have i have, me me me.

Actually they work but are KINDA a bitch to deal with. They are delayed a frame, that doesn't help heaps. Also the inbuilt screenshot ability of FBA-rr is crap in that you can't remove BG and play the game with it gone. You also have to take screenshots with something like animget as the inbuilt screencap will not pick up any of the stuff the lua script puts in place.

To make decent use of it i've had to find a non-animated stage and then use artmoney to lock power and life in place so as not to get too many shots from animget.

The lack of available cheats for fba-rr has made this harder too. I dunno what mame-rr is like, historically mame has no real shot factory anyway so you're probably in the same boat.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#27  March 13, 2012, 08:34:40 pm
    • USA
You also have to take screenshots with something like animget as the inbuilt screencap will not pick up any of the stuff the lua script puts in place.
Wha? I've been taking screencaps with FBA-rr and it shows the hitboxes fine. I've been able to remove the background too...  :S
#28  March 13, 2012, 08:39:34 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
That has never worked for me.... Perhaps i need to see if there is a new version. So far every time i've taken the BG off and then closed the shot factory it all reverts to show everything.

#29  March 13, 2012, 08:46:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
From what I read on the site you should use a cheat that they have to remove the background so you can see the clsns better.
#30  March 13, 2012, 08:47:34 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
You need to take a direct screencap using either printscreen or snipping tool; it won't take shots of the hitboxes with the built-in screenshot option.
#31  March 13, 2012, 08:55:55 pm
    • USA
I just took this picture 5 seconds ago, using the inbuilt screenshot function.

All I did was disable all sprite layers except for "Sprite Priority 8". This particular shot was done on Chun-Li's SFA3 stage, I just tested it with Rolento's and on that stage there are still some background elements left.
#32  March 13, 2012, 09:08:29 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
What version are you using then?

#33  March 13, 2012, 09:21:23 pm
    • USA
v0.0.5.01
#34  March 14, 2012, 07:26:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
0.0.5 for me. It's up to 0.0.7. If you haven't upgrade time. Although in some ways i think running animget may be a good plan still. At least i can kill the power bars.

#35  July 18, 2012, 04:15:46 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
[RESURRECTION]
I'm thumbing an idea that I'm wondering if Val and/or the community would like.

It's something I kind of attempted to do on my JNP forum years back. A sprites sounds archive. It would be really nice to have 1 location where we could get rips. With awesome people like JMorphMan separating colors and adding in people's edited works into the packs it'd be really convenient to have 1 location where we could simply add to pre existing sprite packs.

My idea (which can be expanded on cause it probably needs work) is to have Val make a sprites site. Where he could give access to certain users so they could update stuff. Or if he could make it where any forum poster could upload and update packs that'd be even better. Perhaps like a wiki or something where updates can be reverted if need be.

I'm not good at all the technical stuff like that :P I'm just brainstorming here and looking for input.
#36  July 19, 2012, 02:04:22 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Well we have the sprites and sounds and resources forum (still) but it's messy and difficult to find anything as there is little likelyhood of a filter for it based on sprites/sounds and it's pretty hard to tell if the stuff is even available. Unless someone is insanely anal and wants to categorise each thread into a thread of links and shit... that's not likely to happen.

I don't disagree with your idea, it just requires someone who wants to do work and we don't have neough people who want to spend that time

#37  July 19, 2012, 05:03:33 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Val already mentioned the possibility of letting users upload to Guild's servers. If he could link the forum with the site so that certain classes could update the files then I think it wouldn't be a lot of work.

Basically I am imagining it more akin to the Democracy thread. A person posts a sprite or sound pack to be uploaded. If it seems like an improvement someone with the ability uploads it. That is if Val could interface the upload feature to that site from the forum.

The purpose is so that there is 1 stable location to keep adding to. My CVS2 rips are not needed anymore because Jmorphman updated them with color separation and with several edits. If more edits are made then they can be added to the pack.

I guess if it's too much trouble for Val I might try something similar where people give links to the most updated sprite packs and I can upload them to my server. I can give the access info to the staff so they can as well. But I feel it'd be better if it was all here at MFG.
Re: Updating stickies-Emulators?
#38  July 19, 2012, 11:31:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is MAME-rr the defacto emulator to use now? What all emulators should I recommend for different arcades/consoles for sprite ripping and data mining?

CPS1,2,3, Atomiswave, DreamCast, Sega Saturn, Neo Geo, PSX, PS2, etc?
#39  July 19, 2012, 11:46:05 pm
    • Germany
aren't there dedicated sprite resource sites for this? :thinking:
#40  July 19, 2012, 11:54:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For asking which emulators are best for ripping? Probably. But for convenience of people discovering mugen without prior ripping knowledge wouldn't it be a bit easier to tell people what the best emulators to rip from are now? All here in one place instead of having them have to google up that info before they can start working?

I guess I can google it and find out all the info I need, maybe. But that's a lot of researching for me to have to do when there should be plenty of people here that already know and could tell me so I can add that info.

I'm just sticking with Nebula, Mame-rr, ePSXe, and whatever replaced Chankast (still have to look that one up, and I still have to look up the best PS2 emulator out now)
Also, sprite rip sites probably won't mention if an emulator is better at data mining.
#41  July 19, 2012, 11:56:47 pm
    • Germany
#42  July 20, 2012, 12:10:47 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh. Again, that's the same thing. Keeping all the resources here. Instead of needing a thousand different links to all kinds or rips. Just today I saw a topic asking for alternative Karin rips. Apparently I messed up on some of them and missed some frames. So they were recommended Kong's rips. It'd be a lot simpler to have 1 pack that is recommended hosted on Guild that can be updated with edits and color separation.

Basically we as a community here horde our resources together and build upon each other to create the best sprite packs. Again, inspired by JMorphman's updates of my own rips. Heck, they can all be on his site for all I care :P there doesn't need to be a bazillion sprite resource sites to look through with dozens of versions of rips by different rippers.
#43  July 20, 2012, 01:15:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I still rip with Kawaks. It has a more powerful shot factory than most of what you list. It has record input which allows for seamless playback of whatever you do.

AFAIK pcsx2 is the best PS2 emulator but you do need to fuck with the plugins a bit to get a pixel display rather than antialias.

#44  July 20, 2012, 03:17:02 am
    • Germany
Hmmm the problem is, that a lot of these sprites are still copyrighted material. If this plan works, there would soon be a sizable collection of sprites, and I'm not sure if "industrializing" the process too much by providing a hub website won't draw negative attention.

...then again, could always just cease and desist at that point I guess :tiny:
#45  July 20, 2012, 03:30:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If Capcom didn't mind Joram's SF3 site I doubt they'd mind this idea :P

Besides. Look how many rips are all together on Kong's site and on justnopoint.com's server. But yeah. Take them offline if a company does get upset.

Does this mean you're open to the idea?
#46  July 31, 2012, 10:24:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
FAQ is live. Will add more stuff of course.

What about the Online MUGEN sticky? Reading it it is WAY out of date. Shouldn't we just put a note in the FAQ that you can't play mugen online? Or just quote Messatsu's out of date post in a spoiler reply?

Edit:
Sticky breakdown

Introduction and Guides
FAQ - WIP
Introduction Thread - ok
Mugen Web Sites - ok
Capcom and SNK won't sue MUGEN - put this one in the FAQ?

Your Releases, older Mugen
All good

Your Releases, older Mugen »
Found Releases

Win Mugen Plus - ok
Mugen 1.0 RC1 and KFM-720 (HD) by Elecbyte released!-um... this post only has a link to the newest release discussion thread, I say we delete it

Your Releases, Mugen 1.0+
All good

Projects
All good

Development Discussion
Recommended Threads - needs updated is all

M.U.G.E.N Discussion
    screenshots - ok
    videos - ok
    Guild database reopened - ok
    Auction Alert - what is this really useful for?
    Stage Creation Competition 2012 - Keep archived till the 2013 one?
    CHANGE BAD!!You go too far!!You am play Gods!! - ummm.... I say unsticky this. If anything it can be an important topic I guess... but I don't see why it is. We really just need a pros and cons of old mugen vs 1.0
    Interview With Elecbyte - ok
    Mugen Online!! - I think it should be put in FAQ and unstickied

Development Resources
Needs complete overhaul

Requests
all ok except "Special Request: TESTP workfiles" I don't see Messatsu caring anymore at this point

M.U.G.E.N Development Help
Having 2 FAQs seems confusing. Should this one be a link to the new one and have Cyanide's post posted in the new FAQ? Or should we just duplicate the info in both parts (meaning double the editing if one needs updated)?

M.U.G.E.N Development Help »
Code Library

wow we still have a sticky post by Black Jack!

M.U.G.E.N Development Help »
Tips, Tricks, Tutorials

I feel we have a lot more tutorials that should be stickied here at this point too. Would a topic that has links to those be best or should we just increase the # of sticky threads here?

Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:39:53 pm by Just No Point
#47  December 31, 2012, 09:40:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#48  May 03, 2013, 01:07:37 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
#49  May 03, 2013, 01:16:05 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Unstickied Stage Contest. The COTY is Rajaa's deal so I'll let him update it. I might screw it up :P

Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:38:50 am by Just No Point
#50  May 17, 2013, 12:39:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Currently 9 stickies in the Graphic Arts section. Can't we make 1 sticky that links to several of those topics?
#51  May 17, 2013, 12:49:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
sounds good.
#52  August 18, 2013, 05:28:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Unless opposition I'll be moving the Guild Starter Pack topic to the Introduction board and stickying it. Will also add it to the FAQ
#53  August 18, 2013, 05:59:29 am
    • USA
I think "MUGEN Guild starter pack: Attack Regulation A" would work better as a title, for clarity.
#54  January 07, 2014, 06:21:50 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Some months back we discussed making a single sticky thread for compilations. Did we decide to do one single sticky? And if so what board? Or was it 2 stickies? 1 for Winmugen and one for 1.0+?
#55  January 07, 2014, 07:27:15 am
    • USA
I think moving them to MUGEN Discussion is working out pretty well, I think we should just stick with that.
#56  January 07, 2014, 02:20:16 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Or better Idea Engineering, IMO

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#57  January 07, 2014, 03:29:21 pm
that makes no sense
#58  January 07, 2014, 03:42:17 pm
I would delete all of them (if I were a mod), but since you're ok with moving them to the Mugen Discussions then I won't complain.
Moving them to Idea Engineering is bad because they don't promote/create new ideas, but they just promote laziness, everything is already made (by different authors).
#59  January 07, 2014, 03:56:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#60  February 24, 2015, 07:06:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
FAQ updated.

Should I spoiler the answers to the questions instead so it takes less scrolling to look through them?

Also if you have feedback on differences in Mugen 1.0 to 1.1 please leave it here as I plan to add that to the FAQ as well
#61  February 25, 2015, 03:38:30 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Hey thanks, now I can enjoy MUGEN, my favorite fighting game engine this side of the galaxy!!
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#62  March 02, 2015, 12:48:26 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Created the Offline Works Mega Thread so people can post works that are no longer online.

Now your favorite fighting game engine this side of the galaxy that happens to be hosted here can be better than ever! :D