YesNoOk

Another new thing to talk about in Beyond Mugen (Read 22692 times)

Started by Snowmeow, April 05, 2018, 05:40:03 am
Share this topic:
Another new thing to talk about in Beyond Mugen
#1  April 05, 2018, 05:40:03 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
So, EF-12 is not the only 3D fighting engine. There is Schwarzerblitz that, despite being a ready game, permits modding, and Universal Fighting Engine, the new hype among fighting game fans that deal with Unity.

Universal Fighting Engine (Or, simply, UFE) started umpretensious, but is gaining more and more visibility, mainly with the new games made with this sub-engine, notably Kings of Kung Fu and its sequel, Shaolin vs. Wutang. The team that was developing a game under 3D Game Studio restarted their project using UFE, and there are more than just a couple of ready games that use this engine that, despite using 3D models and animations, focus more in 2D action, remembering SFIV/SFV. MK9/MKX, Killer Instinct ONE and the incoming Fighting Layer EX.

For the people that is seeking a "3D Mugen" with 2D playability, it worths a look, doesn't it?
Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:44:24 am by Snowmeow
Re: Another new thing to talk about in Beyond Mugen
#2  April 05, 2018, 05:19:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Try making a thread on it first. I made a fighting game engine myself, but I also have the previous experience of makign a mugen full game; maintaining a full subforum is not really  optimal if there is not enough comunity engagement, that's one reason I have yet not pushed to get a subforum for my engine. So keeping it single threaded until it can actually grain track is better, you don't know what can kill it, in my case, job became more time consuming and lots of economic factors were harder than expected so I was not able to progress the way I wanted.
Re: Another new thing to talk about in Beyond Mugen
#3  April 06, 2018, 03:11:33 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
Thanks