YesNoOk

How do I make POTS styled characters? (Read 1909 times)

Started by STANLEY69, January 13, 2019, 10:29:49 pm
Share this topic:
How do I make POTS styled characters?
#1  January 13, 2019, 10:29:49 pm
    • USA
So I've been a quite a fan for POTS styled characters and I could think that "Hey! Maybe I could make one too." But then, I don't know where to start to make some cause I know a few that make good POTS styled characters and I could thought of being one of them. So is there anyone who can help me out to make some POTS styled characters?
Re: How do I make POTS styled characters?
#2  January 13, 2019, 10:38:08 pm
  • Niigasan
Its pretty easy to make a char let alone a pots char. Its about how much time and effort your willing to put into them.
#3  January 13, 2019, 11:25:17 pm
    • USA
Well, I never made a character before.
#4  January 14, 2019, 12:14:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
PotS style is pretty complex. You already have to deal with a lot of system mechanics as is. I would play around with the code of other PotS style characters and see how their mechanics work(Jmorphman and Sennou would be my top recommendations for PotS style) and from there adopt them to what you want. It might not be a bad idea to look for other characters that share mechanics just to compare how they do them.
#5  January 14, 2019, 12:14:59 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I wouldn't start with a very specific style, those are too advance for beginners. What I would do is mess around with pre-existing characters first to start out with character edits (like KFM) before moving on to making my own characters once I get a feel for how character creation works on a basic level.

Basically, what Darkflare said.
#6  January 15, 2019, 07:02:36 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#7  January 15, 2019, 11:29:24 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
the thing is that i'm mad on youtube is only how to make chibi characters
there's no tutorial for more complex characters(like pots) to begin to finish, is very sad thing because mugen has been around for decades
I don't wanna do chibi char, i want a decent and fun characters
u'll say that in the videos of chibi mugen will have all the fundamental, but I really wanted more complex char like cvs chars
I really wanted to make a dificult char, ( alot a free time here)of course, if a decent tutorial, as u know (can see) English is my second language
I'm better watching a video tutorial than reading writing tutorial
Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:49:55 am by kamuiness
#8  January 15, 2019, 12:53:24 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Besides the mechanics and code, it's very important to at least understand framedata, how collision boxes work and fighting games in general if you want to create a decent char. If you want to make a character that resembles their behavior on a official game you have to understand how he/she works there too.
Pots template is very friendly code wise, but most of people who tries it fail, since it seens that they don't even know what they are doing and I am including myself in my first release.