Started by Kamekaze, January 09, 2018, 02:57:20 pm
Open Alpha Thread
#1  January 09, 2018, 02:57:20 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vjg6aou26bgcb12/tmntxjl.rar

So here it is, the first open alpha of the game. The reason I didn't put this anywhere else is because it's not technically a release. That being said I encourage all of you to try it out. Any and all discussion or feedback can be placed here. Especially bugs.  I encourage you to go to training mode and take full advantage of it's features.

F.A.Q.

Q. How do I perform an omega super?
A. it's 3 buttons pressed together, the super command (Z+C) as well as HP or HK so Z+C+(B/Y). You need an omega factor and full health or both flashing health an omega factor.

Q. I've seen Despero combo his air grab, how do I do that?
A. Only the omega variant can combo juggled opponents.

Q. The game is a bit difficult on arcade mode, what can I do about that?
A. By default the game is on the hardest setting, turn it down to your liking. The reason for this is the hardest AI gives you an idea of how a character works in this game but I can understand how much of a problem they can be for people starting out.

Q. How does juggles work?
A. By default any move that knocks down allows two additional hits as juggles no matter what. If that move knocks the opponent down and hits them 2 other times then you cannot follow it up with anything other than omega specials.

Any additional information can be found at this game's official wiki: http://newchallenger.net/w/index.php?title=Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_x_Justice_League

ENJOY

Change log since the last alpha:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:50:23 pm by Kamekaze
Re: Open Alpha Thread
#2  January 18, 2018, 05:32:33 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This is by far one of the most beatiful system adaptions i've seen... Well done, and i really like that Konami flavor you gave for this, my most sincere respect... i don't how could i help with feed back... maybe re-scaling the characters to their original size, the look a little bit stretched, anything beyond that, i am only Stage/Screenpack creator guys...

Job well done!
#3  January 18, 2018, 07:00:45 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Well it's scaled mostly to match mugens native resolution. I've been on the fence about it for a while and I may try to see what happens if I remove said scaling
#4  January 18, 2018, 10:19:14 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I tested it a bit with a friend, didnt find anything really game breaking
but if you restart the match from the pause menu, when it restarts
If you push any directions it bugs out and keeps restarting.
You probably already know that tho.
#5  January 18, 2018, 10:59:53 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I tested it a bit with a friend, didnt find anything really game breaking
but if you restart the match from the pause menu, when it restarts
If you push any directions it bugs out and keeps restarting.
You probably already know that tho.

thought i fixed that but ill try to reproduce it thanks
#6  January 19, 2018, 06:43:18 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Oh, another thing... maybe i could recommend to add some more color to the Screenpack, maybe some sprite work, the Coding is superb though... OH! And maybe, i don't know... How about a Bonus Game? Just some ideas.

Plus, Omega Shredder... Nice work on the AI, for real.
#7  January 19, 2018, 03:34:31 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Oh, another thing... maybe i could recommend to add some more color to the Screenpack, maybe some sprite work, the Coding is superb though... OH! And maybe, i don't know... How about a Bonus Game? Just some ideas.

Well if you know someone who i could commission to do so let me know. It's all very much alpha assets that are not indicative of the final product. As for omega shredder, hes meant to be a gate keeper/sub boss which is why hes just difficult to fight but has no boss advantages. That space is reserved for 2 very special individuals 1 of which never seen before in mugen or in game form!
#8  January 19, 2018, 05:52:43 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

Well if you know someone who i could commission to do so let me know. It's all very much alpha assets that are not indicative of the final product. As for omega shredder, hes meant to be a gate keeper/sub boss which is why hes just difficult to fight but has no boss advantages. That space is reserved for 2 very special individuals 1 of which never seen before in mugen or in game form!

Mr. Kamekaze... You have the talent to blow my mind in Seconds... I can't wait for this, as it is for the Sprite Work and Color, i could do it if you want me to... I can create the stages for those individuals you are talking about, check my works if you are not convinced... I am a Open Book, and at your service my friend.
#9  January 19, 2018, 06:49:37 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I'll hold you to your word and be in touch when the time comes.
#10  January 19, 2018, 07:28:46 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#11  January 19, 2018, 09:37:45 pm
    • USA

Yes, I love what I see so far! I have no idea who the second fighter will be. One of them is most definitely Darkseid. Please someone let Kamekaze commission you! We need bonus modes and bonus fighters!!!!
#12  January 22, 2018, 01:42:54 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
mmm... Little question, can i edit your screenpack in order to help with the sprite work i mentioned? You won't be dissapointed...

Maybe i'd like to help you with some Palettes too on the Justice League side, characters and stages alike of course, to give this game a little bit more of that sweet Konami flavor.

A little question too, Any backstory for Omega Shredder?
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:15:44 am by AVPboy6754
#13  January 22, 2018, 02:21:20 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
mmm... Little question, can i edit your screenpack in order to help with the sprite work i mentioned? You won't be dissapointed...

Maybe i'd like to help you with some Palettes too on the Justice League side, characters and stages alike of course, to give this game a little bit more of that sweet Konami flavor.

Check his thread. And put what you're thinking in the asset thread pls
#14  January 22, 2018, 04:51:40 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

Check his thread. And put what you're thinking in the asset thread pls

Can i get the link of that thread my friend?
#15  January 22, 2018, 05:36:21 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Both are literally right here in this sub forum lol. I'm on my phone atm. The asset thread is pinned and Omega shredder is near the bottom.
#16  January 22, 2018, 07:15:17 pm
    • USA

I'm intrigued. What ideas did you have in mind?
#17  February 04, 2018, 05:04:17 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

Well... I do have some, i mean, this sub-boss's name helps me out a lot, plus i will try to give it a try so i can get a beautiful and colorful Super Nintendo to this games general Palettes.
#18  February 05, 2018, 10:54:10 pm
    • USA

Well... I do have some, i mean, this sub-boss's name helps me out a lot, plus i will try to give it a try so i can get a beautiful and colorful Super Nintendo to this games general Palettes.

That's great. I had suggested to Kamekaze that he could add Lobo sprites to the window in the background of Despero's stage. Sadly, they're only Genesis sprites, but maybe you could update to a SNES palette as well?

Here's a link

https://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/loboprototype/sheet/66293/
#19  February 14, 2018, 09:29:13 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I may do another alpha that will add roughly 4 chars since I'm waiting on some sprites for the last 3. In the mean time ill be updating the UI and other assets so I can finally do something about the lifebars' purple gradient design. As for the names appearing on the life bar, I'm going to update that to a stylized font. Basically this game is going to look much different from a UI point of view when its finished.
#20  February 14, 2018, 10:34:01 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You fix that pause bug? I'm asking cause I'll be testing
it with my boy and I constantly have to tell this fool not
to push buttons after restarting the match.