YesNoOk

[Character] Giana ((Re-done for reasons)) (Read 2799 times)

Started by ClownMan, October 24, 2015, 05:20:31 am
[Character] Giana ((Re-done for reasons))
#1  October 24, 2015, 05:20:31 am
  • MOMMY!!
((Re-Doing this because my original post was atrocious))

Some time ago in 1987 a company known as Time Work productions and Rainbow Arts created a little clone of Mario, which while it was taken from the shelves due to obvious similarities : It gained warm critical praise and has retained a strong following over the years, In 2009 this beloved character would venture again... On a Nintendo system of all things. And in 2012 she made another appearance, This time growing away from her Mario-Esc roots.

Ladies and gentlemen, This is Giana. ((Don't be fooled, These 2 pictured are the same person. You'll see what I mean.))

This character is a little gem of a platformer, pretty much Mario's "rival" before Sonic hit the scene in a way technically. And before you ask, No: This character is not a Mario spriteswap or anything. Even from her first appearance, While she has had similarities in abilites with the plumber, She had many tricks of her own. The DS game and Twisted Dreams have further more solidified this focused around her 2 split personalities, "Cute" and "Punk" Giana for that matter.

Ever since I thought of the character being in Smash Bros, I thought: Why not some MUGEN character of sorts? I would mostly be taking cues from her "Reboot" appearance more than anything. ((Twisted Dreams and the DS remake)) Her sprites being from the DS game as well.

I think it's about time for her and the plumber to finally meet, don't you think?

I have gotten to even ripping sounds from Twisted Dreams, Unfortunately: I am not a coder. Though I am willing to sprite all the assets for her and all as well as other resources.
I'm Clownman!
Re: [Character] Giana ((Re-done for reasons))
#2  November 01, 2015, 05:26:40 pm
  • MOMMY!!
I'm Clownman!
Re: [Character] Giana ((Re-done for reasons))
#3  November 03, 2015, 03:36:40 am
  • MOMMY!!
Well, I have some sprites to showcase I guess.
I'm Clownman!