YesNoOk

Mugen Mahou Shoujou [wip under question] (Read 845 times)

Started by borg117, November 28, 2010, 02:52:25 pm
Mugen Mahou Shoujou [wip under question]
#1  November 28, 2010, 02:52:25 pm
  • No new messages
I am posting this in idea engineering because i do not have things done to call it a project.
This was born while i was designing some clues for the manga i am making in my free time. So for mugen i decided to make a spin-off from it - granting each character some magical power. So it will appear to be a mahou-shoujo spin-off - an all-girl fighting game based on magical powers (including some classic mahou-shoujou anime elements). The ideas are completed, so the only things left are sprites and codes. I am not into this for too much time, so the progress will be shown slow. It might be moved to Projects once it will be worthy enough.
About the system:
The goal is that each character is an alliance of three creatures. First is the shoujo (magician, wizard, summoner etc.) herself. Is the main part of the team, the battle will end once the shoujo is down. What depends on her is how she uses her weapons and powers. Also, many things in battle are depending from character's astrological sign. Mostly these are affinities like fire, earth, water, etc. The shoujo has no MP (can cast magics or special moves unlimited). Basically what she can do by herself are physical attacks with the weapons.
The second creature is the weapon (it is alive). Each weapon has three forms with different attacks and special moves. A weapon has no HP and can't be broken. But it has some analogue of MP like Charge. Once the Charge runs out, no special moves can be done. Weapons may have affinities, different from their wielder.
The third part of the team is a Fiend. each character has a special animal alongside. basically the creature is dismissed. While summoning, you will need to choose a tactic for the creature - offensive or defensive. The fiend has its own HP so it can be killed during the battle. once dead, it will no longer support you.
Each of the creatures has its own Overdrive meter. At the critical point, the characters' overdrives are basically restoring some of HP. The weapon's overdrive will turn it into a fourth, supreme form that will cause major damage to enemies. The fiend's overdrive will turn it into a monster form or will allow to summon a supreme being of its kind.
Movement and attack system:
the main goal of the game is that each character can actually fly through the air. That makes airspace battles usable and requires tall stages as well. So, along with the jump function, there will be a possibility to decrease gravitation by tapping a single button. Without using it your flight will seem uncontrollable. Every character has a sway move. basically you can sway from everything, but most of special moves have certain timing to sway. some of them, along with physical attacks, can be blocked though. An instant block will result a parry, which can repel fireballs and physical attacks.
Affinities system: each attack will have an affinity class, which will determine the damage you get from it (based on your character's own affinity). also, there will be special areas in the stage, where a certain affinity is active. once there, you can use this affinity's magic. if you character is compatible with that affinity, the magic will be enhanced.

I can't say when something will be done, so I'll just leave the topic here yet. All of the designing work is mostly done, so i only need time to sprite and code it.

here's an example of spriting style (also first character's animation). I've done it from a hand drawing in the same style as the manga will be
Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:00:07 pm by borg117
Re: Mugen Mahou Shoujou [wip under question]
#2  December 19, 2010, 03:41:23 pm
thats awesome idea 4 a game dude,hand drawn sprites.the ideas of air battles sounds pretty crazy be interested to see how it turns out,good work an keep at it. :)
New #3  February 27, 2011, 09:43:16 pm
  • No new messages

changed an appearance of the character mentioned above. so let this thing have at least one meganekko character
Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:29:32 pm by borg117
#4  February 27, 2011, 09:52:15 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Looks pretty good