YesNoOk

Shotoken Fighting game (Read 1275 times)

Started by Cypha Signals, June 24, 2009, 02:07:20 am

Poll

Should a Shotoken fighter be made out of Mugen?

Yay
3 (23.1%)
Nay
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 01, 2009, 02:07:20 am

Shotoken Fighting game
#1  June 24, 2009, 02:07:20 am
  • Imagine a super moved that started like this :P
That would be interesting to see every single shotoken/shotoken bootleg fighter in ne packaged mugen game.  From Tetsu to Holy Ken, all of them.  What do you guys think? I vote yes :)
Holy Strider - Combos, supers, counters, speed, flash and style, and a sprinkle of Ton Pooh...he'd kick Satan's ass easy.
Re: Shotoken Fighting game
#2  June 24, 2009, 02:12:47 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
It would be... rather boring. Good fighting games tend to have a great deal of diversity, which is lost when at least a good half of the roster can be summed up as Ryu/Ken/Akuma.

Hell, I like King in Tekken but I wouldn't get a Tekken game with 30 King variations. 2 is enough for me.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#3  June 24, 2009, 02:53:14 am
  • Imagine a super moved that started like this :P
It would be... rather boring. Good fighting games tend to have a great deal of diversity, which is lost when at least a good half of the roster can be summed up as Ryu/Ken/Akuma.

Hell, I like King in Tekken but I wouldn't get a Tekken game with 30 King variations. 2 is enough for me.

lol...I'm with you, I mean more as a trophy.  Just to see how many Ryu clones are out there, but in one game.  Not to get all excited about, but just for fun. :)
Holy Strider - Combos, supers, counters, speed, flash and style, and a sprinkle of Ton Pooh...he'd kick Satan's ass easy.
#4  June 24, 2009, 02:58:27 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Voted Yes
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#5  June 24, 2009, 07:24:14 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
If only as a trophy, it's only real purpose is for collection, then. And since I'm no Mugen collector I see no reason for me to say yes.

Not that I'm voting, though. Don't feel like it.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#6  June 24, 2009, 07:58:27 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
We already have SFIV.
#7  June 24, 2009, 08:11:54 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
I'd rather have a Mode Change Ryu with various grooves representing those characters and other more strange ones for fun.

Either that or Brainwashed Psycho-Drive Ken with Knightmare Knee Press and Psycho Crusher.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#8  June 26, 2009, 11:48:41 am
  • all is love in fair and war
YES, and rare akuma will be the boss  :sugoi:
#9  June 28, 2009, 11:24:20 pm
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
I forgot to mention that Sean-ism turns all of Ryu's Hadokens to basketballs. MvC Sean-ism turns his projectiles into giant basketballs.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S