Started by VirtuallTek, December 25, 2010, 07:35:55 pm
Share this topic:
Z-CharCAD 9
#1  December 25, 2010, 07:35:55 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hello and Merry Christmas!

I'm releasing now, the first third-party editor for Mugen 1.0. This isn't a front-end, don't use any Mugen tools.

The history of this tool and the purpose of this release is below:

Z-CharCAD is a popular Mugen character, stage, ... editor for WinMugen (until the release of Fighter Factory), developed by Aziz Vicentini (my friend).
After the version 7, I took over the development of the program.
After the terrible version 8 (my first public work on Mugen), I decided to make a new version with big features. This version became the Fighter Factory.
In honor of my friend Aziz, and to provide a tool for the new and unexplored Mugen 1.0, I am providing the Z-CharCAD 9 Beta 1.

Some points to observe:
- This is the first BETA version. Is for test purposes, and is no guarantee that your data is safe.
- Obviously, this supports only Mugen 1.0. Features of unreleased versions of Mugen isn't supported (FF3 will take this).
- I'm working on FF3, and the program will not be released before the Mugen 1.1.
- I'm working on a better and efficient algorithm for LZ5 compression. The current implementation is a bit less efficient than SprMaker, but works fine.
- ZCC is a very simple editor, it never will take the features of Fighter Factory, but is very versatile, allowing the user to create chars, stages, fonts, and more for Mugen 1.0, and exclusively for Mugen 1.0.
- Some new features of FF3 are present in this version.
- This version not provide information about the error highlighted in the text editor. QT has a bug and doesn't show the tool tip.

Features:
- Support for Mugen 1.0 (UTF-8, SFF 2.00)
- Create and edit characters, stages, fonts, among others
- GIF improvements (loop and timing accuracy, more compression)
- DEF, CMD, CNS, ST, TXT in one editor
- Code editor with unlimited multi-tab (closable, movable)
- Hi-Res support
- Zoom out (50 and 25%)
- Scroll-aware (exchange tabs, sliders, zoom with the mouse wheel)
- Multi-select CLSNs
- Palette remap
- Issues (errors and issues found on loading) - thus, see that the Elecbyte KFM has syntax errors in the AIR, lines 963, 1567, 1568, 1574 and 1575, with wrong Clsn declarations :P
- Advanced syntax highlight with syntax checking (incomplete - FF3 feature preview :D)
- Uses Nokia QT framework (Linux version will be available in the future)

Working on:
- Save configuration
- Conclusion of the new syntax highlighter
- Text mode in AIR
- Information of text blocks in DEF, CMD, CNS, ...
- Import .fnt file with automatic conversion to Fnt v2
- Text replace function
- Organizer
- Use remap when export an anmation as GIF
- Language localization
- Zoom buttons

Screenshots:

Current version running on Windows 7 x64

Previous version running on Ubuntu.

Link - http://www.virtualltek.com/data/downloads/zcc9b1.rar

Thanks!

[]s
Re: Z-CharCAD 9
#2  December 25, 2010, 08:06:26 pm
    • UK
I get this when viewing a horizontally flipped sprite in the AIR file.

#3  December 25, 2010, 08:23:51 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hello Xinos,

If is possible, send-me the sprite or SFF by PM.

[]s
#4  December 25, 2010, 10:56:13 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Now that we have a tool that can edit SSFv2, the 1.0 haters have no excuse not to upgrade. A very useful tool. Thank you very much for this release.
#5  December 25, 2010, 11:30:03 pm
    • USA
Now that we have a tool that can edit SSFv2, the 1.0 haters have no excuse not to upgrade. A very useful tool. Thank you very much for this release.

I would like to know if this program can actually convert SFFv1 to SFFv2, if it can THEN you're right (And I hope you're right, I would love to do that on my fullgame). I'll test this once I get home.
#6  December 26, 2010, 12:49:21 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Reuped with bug fixes.

Bugs:
- Wrong sprite rendering with flip.
- Update frame when the user changes the group or number.

I would like to know if this program can actually convert SFFv1 to SFFv2, if it can THEN you're right (And I hope you're right, I would love to do that on my fullgame). I'll test this once I get home.
Yes, converts SFF v1 to v2 automatically when you open a char. Note that if you open a SFF v1 separatelly, it not will have the character palettes (.act file) in the SFF, only if you open the char via File->Open.

[]s
#7  December 26, 2010, 03:46:37 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
  :D YES! BEST HOLIDAY GITF EVER! (MUGEN wise)

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#8  December 26, 2010, 06:36:07 am
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
MERRY F'N CHRISTMAS!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!   :sugoi:

Actually, everytime I unzip I get an error, and all I find is 4 .dll files.
Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:02:54 am by Zinjonovic
#9  December 26, 2010, 06:59:24 am
  • "The Future is Now"
i've been playing mugen since 2000.
I found Z CharCad in 2001, and i've been using it since.

BEST PRESENT EVER.
thank you!
#10  December 26, 2010, 07:08:41 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Can I wait until the program is out of beta before I decide to use/try this? I've used older versions of ZCharCAD in the past before, and this one looks very promising. Interesting to know that this tool is still in the development. Good luck wish finishing this up. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#11  December 26, 2010, 07:11:23 am
    • USA
Could someone assist me with installing this program, please?

File says unexpected end of archive every single time I attempt to decompress it. 
Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:29:23 am by Zinjonovic
#12  December 26, 2010, 08:39:47 am

File says unexpected end of archive every single time I attempt to decompress it.

i got that too, it was cause the file didn't complete download
try again, the file must be around 4 MB
#13  December 26, 2010, 04:22:05 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com

i got that too, it was cause the file didn't complete download
try again, the file must be around 4 MB
Yes, this is a problem with my host. Try redownloading. The file size is 4,37 MB

i've been playing mugen since 2000.
I found Z CharCad in 2001, and i've been using it since.

BEST PRESENT EVER.
thank you!
:dio:

Can I wait until the program is out of beta before I decide to use/try this? I've used older versions of ZCharCAD in the past before, and this one looks very promising. Interesting to know that this tool is still in the development. Good luck wish finishing this up. :)
Yes, you are free to do whatever you want. And it isn't far from out of Beta stage.

Thanks!
[]s
#14  December 26, 2010, 05:57:27 pm
    • USA
Thanks.  I tried to download it again, but it only downloads 2 megabytes.  I'll continue trying throughout the day, hopefully I'll get it to download completely.

Edit:  Never mind, used a different browser, works now.  I was originally using Firefox's latest browser, so I switched over to Explorer.  I think the big problem is Firefox's tendency to record download data for faster future downloads of the same item.  Since it downloaded incorrectly before, it continued to do so every time after.  If you're having trouble downloading, try a different browser.  Thanks, VT.
Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:08:03 am by Zinjonovic
#15  December 27, 2010, 05:56:14 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
This looks great, thanks.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
#16  December 28, 2010, 11:32:57 pm
    • USA
yeah I noticed the SFFV1 to v2 conversion after testing, the program crashed when I tried to convert my fightfx.sff to v2, I guess to many palettes indexed? dunno Im downgrading the palette number anyway.

I tested my sffv2 on one of my chars but he only had his original palette (from the sprites, not the act files) and any palette had the same colors, it's like if act files were ignored (and yes, I opened the character as a whole). I'll try this updated version now.
#17  December 29, 2010, 12:42:56 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hello Luise Carrio,

Ok, the save function have a problem. I'm solving it now.
EDIT: I reuped with a fix (don't crash anymore). But the save have another problem. I noticed only in large images, but be careful.

When you open the char, you noticed if the .act palettes were loaded (in the ACT editor you have one or more palettes in the group 1)? Can you send me your .def?

Thanks for the reply!

[]s
Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:11:34 am by VirtuallTek
#18  December 30, 2010, 01:03:22 am
    • USA
I'll give what you want when I'm able to download this updated version, the link seems to not to work now...
#19  December 30, 2010, 02:03:20 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
#20  January 23, 2011, 01:41:04 am
  • Nerdy artist & gamer.
So far, it looks great. I'm looking forward to the final release.  :impressed:
#21  January 27, 2011, 08:07:49 pm
  • 140% more effective in da balz.
Weird..there's no way to put multiple sprites at once.
#22  January 28, 2011, 12:37:08 am
    • USA
well, so far it no longer crashes after converting my fightfx.sff into v2. I found a bug when I converted my system.sff into v2, the first frame of the cursor on the char select doesnt appear, despite being in the sff. I'll post a detailed info about this tomorrow... or someday.
#23  February 08, 2011, 07:06:00 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Hey, I hate to bump the topic like this for asking about a question about the software, I hope its okay, since it's kind of related.

Do you, or does the software have a webpage besides vtek (where the dl is being hosted)? I have on my bookmarks what was probably an old, outdated version of the original Z-Charcad site. http://www.zgames.com.br/ I was wondering a few things about this one. If this is going to be the home of the new version eventually, or a backup page for the old version, while going to release the new Z-CharCad over on VTek's homepage?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#24  February 22, 2011, 10:16:04 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
Thought I'd also bump, dunno if this is fixed but the latest version, when you delete a sprite in the sff you get a minor glitch.
#25  February 22, 2011, 10:26:41 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
As lansman bumped this thread, I figured I'd like to just say something; Thanks again for this application, I'm using it exclusively to make a character of mine, pretty much my first char, in fact. I'm mostly using it to make the SFFv2 at the moment. I know it's not advised to use this app for proper dev, as it is a BETA, but I'm stupid like that. Yeah, occationally when I save an SFF or AIR, when I go back to it, it will be somehow corrupt (I won't be able to see frames anymore), but I'm regulary backing up so that this problem isn't so bad. Actually, the more I add to the SFF, the less I seem to be getting that problem.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the user is unable to add more than one image at a time, it would be great if this was fixed. Also some other options like onion skinning would be good, but I know this is a BETA, so I'm not complaining. I would also like the answer to what N-Mario asked in an earlier mssg.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.