YesNoOk

Megaman X slow WIP by Metal Warrior (Read 113589 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, July 20, 2016, 06:20:06 am
Share this topic:
Megaman X slow WIP by Metal Warrior
#1  July 20, 2016, 06:20:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
here is the sff and air
http://justnopoint.com/Stuff/x/X22/

Heya! You may or may not have heard I'm commissioning to complete Megaman X's sprite sheet for my own verion(s) and for others to make their own.

This is a continuation and update from Ramzaneko's sprite project with sprites made by @Metal Warrior:
Each month I will throw a little cash at the project till it is finished. I'm not throwing a lot so it will take a good while. If you wish to contribute send me a message so I may work with you and Metal Warrior.

For the discussion leading to the current move list look here
Note that this move list is with DarkStalkers style in mind. But since my DS template is not complete I'll make him in POTS/JMM style so some alterations will be made. Mostly for how much meter a Light Capsule costs. It'll probably be 500 and he may max out his super meter a bit higher at 5000 instead of 3000

Now for what all will be made
 http://justnopoint.com/Stuff/x/new1.png - link only as it is quite large
Things to note:
I collected everything I could find. Old and new. So there are duplicates.
Some CS needs to occur. The 2 shades of white for the eyes. The teeth. The 2 shades of green for his iris. All armors should not share a palette with Vanilla X. They can share colors with themselves since many have the white, red, blue, yellow motif. The unique armors like 4th, Gaea, Shadow, etc shouldn't share.

So here is the completed move list I'm leaning toward.
Vampire Savior system

Basics
Standing
LP - finished
close MP - finished
MP - the SP Ramza made
SP - Tornado Fang Punch - X does a step punch similar to Karin's Meioken with a drill at the end of the buster (X3 move)

LK - finished
MK - finished
SK - finished

Crouching
LP - finished
MP - Strike Chain - X fires a short grappling chain this can pick up items as well (X2 move)
SP - Crystal Wall - X raises a crystal from the ground (X8 move)

LK - finished
MK - finished
SK - rising arcing kick that leaves a trail of fire from boots

Air
Neutral LP - finished - elbow
diag LP - finished
MP - finished
SP - Aiming Laser - Short range laser attack. hold up to attack diag up, neutral for straight, and down for diag down (X4 move)

LK - finished
MK - finished
SK - finished

Taunts
Taunt 1 - X turns his hand to a buster lifts it to his face and blows on it
Taunt 2 down + taunt - Goo Shaver - X fires a goo shaver that travels across the ground and does 1 point damage but can knock opponent out of a move (think Birdie's can in SFV) (X5 move)

Command basics
down + SK in air - Metal Anchor - X creates an anchor and drops straight down (X6 move)

Throws
Throw 1 - Storm Tornado Throw - X fires the Storm Tornado sending the opponent far away (X1 move)
Throw 2 - Volt Tornado - X grabs them then unleashes the Volt Tornado attack )X7 move)

Uniquel Abilities
Dash Back - back, back
Dash Forward - forward, forward
While dashing forward
Dash Jump - Up, or UF
Release Charged Shot - Press P

Wall Grab - When near wall hold forward - X clings to the wall and begins to slowly slide down
While on wall
Release Charged Shot - Press P
Dash Jump off wall - Press Kick
Jump off wall normally - release forward

Pursuit
Up + P or K - X leaps into the air and lands on the opponent
ES Pursuit
Up + P or K - X leaps into the air and lands on the opponent then blasts them again with rocket feet

X2 Boots only
Air Dash
in air forward, forward or back, back or up
While Air Dashing
Release Charged Shot - Press 2P

Special Attacks
X-Buster shot
QCF + LP - Fire small shot from X Buster
QCF + MP Fire 2 small shots from X buster
QCF + SP Fire 3 small shots from X Buster  (note all versions begin Buster charge after they fire the final shot)

Fire Charged Shot
QCF + P

Absorbing Hand
DP + P - X leaps forward with a glowing hand attack. If it connects it causes slight damage and steals some of the opponent's super meter for himself. The P strength determines how far he leaps. This move is not blockable
DP + 2P - ES version homing, steals more life and energy. A successful hit with this will almost waste no bar

X2 Helmet only
Cursor Shot
QCB + P - X sends a cursor out from his helmet that will go to a random location on the screen and reveal either a life capsule or energy capsule. Life Capsules refill some life, Energy capsules fill some super meter

X2 Body Armor only
Giga Crush - X gains a meter that fills when he gets hit
RDP + P (can be done in air) - X unleashes a blast that at close range is unblockable. The extent of this move is about 20% of the screen. When hit the opponent is sent flying to the other side of the screen

X2 Full Armor only
Fire Charged Shot
QCF + LP - X transforms into Glide Armor from X7 and fires 3 homing missiles
QCF + MP - X transforms into 4th armor from X4 and fires Plasma Shot. When this connects it leaves an energy ball temporarily behind that can hit up to 3 more times.
QCF + SP - X transforms into X3 armor. 1st release fires a slower energy blast, 2nd release fires the typical full charge blast. You can combine them into a larger blast
QCF + 2P - ES - X transforms into 1 of 3 X8 armors and fires a beam attack.

Any 4 pieces of armor only
Falcon Dash
QCF + K (also air) - X transforms into Falcon Armor from X5 and does a dash attack.
LK = forward
MK = diag up
SK = straight up
air LK = diag down
air MK = straight
air SK = diag up
ES Falcon Dash
QCF + 2K - faster forward dash that hits more times
air QCF + 2K - faster diag down dash that hits more

Blade Armor Slash
[down] up + P - X transforms into Blade Armor from X 6 and does a large slice. Strength determines speed
ES Blade Armor Slash
[down] up + 2P - X transforms into Blade Armor from X 6 and does a large slice that sends out shock waves

Shadow Armor Sticking Attacks
DP or RDP + K - X transforms into the Shadow Armor from X6 and leaps to a wall. DP goes toward opponent while reverse goes behind X
while on the wall X can stick for a few moments  during this time you can
P - fire Shurikens
LK - fall from wall
MK  - dash jump off wall
SK - leaps to ceiling sticking upside down
on ceiling
P - fire shurikens downward
LK - fall from ceiling
MK or SK - dash jump from ceiling towards opponent
back + MK or SK - dash jump from ceiling away from opponent
ES Shadow Armor
DP or RDP + K - X transforms into the Shadow Armor from X6 and does it's Giga Crush sending 2 large Shurikens around himself

Armor Upgrades
cost 1 super stock - A Dr Light capsule rises from the ground in front of X the rising can damage the opponent and then the capsule acts as a wall. X must go into the capsule to get the upgrade. The capsule will go back into the ground after a few moments or after X gets the upgrade

X1 Armor Parts
down, down + LP - Head - allows the jumping animation to be an attack by itself. X can attack with his head. Even jumping through projectiles that may rain upon him

down, down + MP - Body - X takes less damage (not sure how much yet, it's 50% in source)

down, down + SP - Blaster - X1 charge shot! One of my favorites!

down, down + 2P - Legs - Increases damage to all kick attacks.

Gaining all 4 parts of the X1 armor will give him the X3 chip which gives faster super meter raising, and defense shield that makes him invincible moments after being hit

X2 Armor Parts
down, down + LK - Head - Gain cursor shot.

down, down + MK - Body - Gain the Giga Crush Attack.

down, down + SK - Blaster - Double Charge Shot!

down, down + 2K - Legs - Gives X the ability to air dash left, right, and up

Gaining all 4 parts of the X1 armor will give you double dash. You can air dash twice or dash off the ground/wall/ceiling then air dash once. It also gives him the new Buster attacks.

While inside a Light Capsule you may press down, down + attack to use more stock and gain more parts
The order is Head, Body, Blaster, Legs so if you are gaining a body armor and have 2 super stock left you will also gain blaster and legs.

Dark Force
X2/3 Ride Armor
P+K of same strength - X brings out the ride armor with the spikes for hands. In this mode he has hyper armor.
P - attack with arms
hold punch to spin blike hands
release bunch for hand to fire off on chain then return to armor
K - fire missiles from back that arch over in front of X outside armor's punch reach
forward forward - dash forward
while dashing forward
up or uf to dash jump
P - spin blades
K - fire missiles

EX Attacks
You must have 4 pieces of armor to do any EX attack

Gaea Armor Blast
HCB + 2P - X transforms into Gaea armor from X5 and does it's Giga Crush. X Cannot be knock out of this move or damaged while he is in the armor

Ultimate Armor Nova Strike
HCB+ 2K (also in air) - X transforms into Ultimate Armor from X4 and does the invincible Nova Strike

All Armors assemble!
requires 3 stock HCF + 2P
Different depending on armor combinations

X1 - X throws out a hadoken if it connects he dashes in for an auto combo transforming into every armor from X 2-8 and ending with X8 "New Ultimate" armor's spiraling shoryuken

X2 - X does a flaming Shoryuken that if connects is followed by an auto combo that transforms him into every armor from X1-8 (minus 2) and ends with X transforming into the gold X3 armor and firing off Zero's sabre slash

all 4 armors mixed - not sure what the starter of this is yet but X will transform after the 1st hit into all the armos and end with Copy X Armed Phenomenon
Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:07:18 am by Just No Point
Re: Megaman X slow WIP by Metal Warrior
#2  July 20, 2016, 07:36:57 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Fantastic looking update on his sprite design. If you don't mind me giving a bit of feedback on the currently shown animations, though:

This one is pretty much on point. The only thing I would change is that he doesn't stops moving his body as he blinks, given blinking should be taken as a secondary action, and not stop the primary movement at all.

The movement in here seems pretty much natural. The only issue with it is that in most of the frames, his boot is getting lightsource from below instead of coming from the top, and then when he's crouched, the lightsource suddenly changes to coming from above. It's quite distracting and inconsistent.

The boot on our left is kind of stretching in and decreasing in size as he moves. The movement for it feels more rubbery than it feels metallic, so I strongly recommend trying to pose his leg properly to fit with the pose, instead of just shrinking his foot.

Still really excited to see where this goes. MW is doing a great work!

Shit
#3  July 20, 2016, 09:39:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Updated 1st post because I put the wrong Sprite sheet.

Fantastic looking update on his sprite design. If you don't mind me giving a bit of feedback on the currently shown animations, though:

This one is pretty much on point. The only thing I would change is that he doesn't stops moving his body as he blinks, given blinking should be taken as a secondary action, and not stop the primary movement at all.
I'll be cutting the eye blinks out and overlaying them on the stance.

The movement in here seems pretty much natural. The only issue with it is that in most of the frames, his boot is getting lightsource from below instead of coming from the top, and then when he's crouched, the lightsource suddenly changes to coming from above. It's quite distracting and inconsistent.
Because the light source Ramza used for the stance is screwed up and this is the shading in the crouch. I've no idea how Ramza intended the transition to happen but without doing a lot more reworking this seems like the best way.

The boot on our left is kind of stretching in and decreasing in size as he moves. The movement for it feels more rubbery than it feels metallic, so I strongly recommend trying to pose his leg properly to fit with the pose, instead of just shrinking his foot.

Still really excited to see where this goes. MW is doing a great work!
I thought it was my imagination seeing a shrinking foot haha

Anyway that's the most I can speak for MW. I'm glad your liking it. Had I known I'd take over Ramza's work later I'd have been a lot harsher on with my Sprite criticism. He seemed to kinda shrug off my feedback back then so I didn't wish to pressure.
#4  July 20, 2016, 04:39:31 pm
  • Shit

Took me like ten minutes, to be honest.

Shit
#5  July 20, 2016, 05:06:59 pm
What? You fixed that too! :mlol:

Yours is much better though.
... the black parts are gone from my gif... -_-
Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:35:01 pm by Sin-
#6  July 20, 2016, 06:08:06 pm
  • ORA ORA!!!
#7  July 21, 2016, 03:50:08 am
Hmm, you have to fix that crouching stance, it looks like as he sits down, all of a sudden... well his ass rotates in full. So now it looks as if  he is completely distorted; also somethings wrong with his legs too, not sure what it is, may be too round?..(viewers left leg).

Also, about his normal stance; the two legs, it looks off(the pointy areas of the armor, near knee), it does look like its having ,movement similar to hair, or something of that regard.

Besides all that, good work, would love to see more MegaManX. And also thanks to the commissioner for this project, I look forward to  MegamanX, the best Megaman there is.

#8  July 21, 2016, 04:18:18 am
  • Shit
Iori730, X's pelvis can rotate just like a normal human pelvis. That is nothing wrong with the sprite. Also, X also always had round-ish legs:

As for the leg movement, that animation is called sub-pixeling, which is done to give a smooth movement to a sprite animation, it's the opposite of an issue.

Shit
#9  July 21, 2016, 04:42:55 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah I think the crouch is fine. Metal Warrior will be doing the jump next. Some old school holding arms straight out goodness is coming our way within the next week! :D

Thanks for the quick fixes guys!

And Iori730 I'm glad you are looking forward to it! X is my favorite version of MegaMan too!

Also I need to update the 1st post a bit because I'd decided to make him in POTS/JMM style since my DS template isn't ready. So if you are into that style you should be pretty pumped!
#10  July 21, 2016, 05:15:57 am
  • ORA ORA!!!
Hmm, you have to fix that crouching stance, it looks like as he sits down, all of a sudden... well his ass rotates in full. So now it looks as if  he is completely distorted; also somethings wrong with his legs too, not sure what it is, may be too round?..(viewers left leg).

Also, about his normal stance; the two legs, it looks off(the pointy areas of the armor, near knee), it does look like its having ,movement similar to hair, or something of that regard.

Besides all that, good work, would love to see more MegaManX. And also thanks to the commissioner for this project, I look forward to  MegamanX, the best Megaman there is.

My intention isn't make another Megaman, i'm just making some adjustments to Ramza Neko X, now adopted by JNP.
But if the feedback is bad i will just abandon the project without any problem and some better artist can hold it (or not).
Criticize is easy, but no one wants to cooperate with JNP commission.
#11  July 21, 2016, 05:21:25 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Hey. I'm happy with it :) No matter what it wouldn't ever be perfect to some people. Keep up the great work and please don't get discouraged! Your client is more than happy!
#12  July 21, 2016, 05:33:13 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I'm glad this is still gonna happen.  I too love X.  My fave Megaman franchise, too.  Just wish I got to try X2 and X3 DX
#13  July 21, 2016, 05:39:55 am
  • ORA ORA!!!
Hey. I'm happy with it :) No matter what it wouldn't ever be perfect to some people. Keep up the great work and please don't get discouraged! Your client is more than happy!

If you are happy, i'm happy too! More to come!
#14  July 21, 2016, 09:56:34 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Oh...I didn't look careful enough...after looking through the topic a bit more (after editing), I realize I'm now the third person to have edited this lightsource business on the leg.  :doom:

ps. Don't take any feedback too hard, Metal Warrior, you're overall doing really good, people here usually have a keen eye, accept the feedback as people being interested in your work and wanting to help you improve ;)!
#15  July 21, 2016, 04:35:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thank you Metal Warrior!

And thanks for the third remake of the stand to crouch anim Balthazar lol XD

EDIT: Updated the sprite sheet with the newer sprites and removed old versions of sprites
Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:34:33 pm by Just No Point
#16  July 22, 2016, 12:24:11 am
  • ORA ORA!!!
Oh...I didn't look careful enough...after looking through the topic a bit more (after editing), I realize I'm now the third person to have edited this lightsource business on the leg.  :doom:

ps. Don't take any feedback too hard, Metal Warrior, you're overall doing really good, people here usually have a keen eye, accept the feedback as people being interested in your work and wanting to help you improve ;)!

You're right. Thank you for the fix.
Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:31:19 am by Metal Warrior
#17  July 22, 2016, 03:40:17 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
http://justnopoint.com/Stuff/x/X22/

I want to make sure we have a good standard to build from so I'll throw stuff into the sff and air as it is completed. In hopes everyone will use this as a template.

Right now it just has standing animation, stand to crouch, crouch, crouch to stand, and stand blocking.  Timings and CLSN already made.
#18  August 03, 2016, 06:36:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
New animations!
Jump neutral/forward and jump back

Also made of gif of my timings I decided for X's stance

all timings may be adjusted after testing in game of course

http://justnopoint.com/Stuff/x/X22/ sff and air updated
http://justnopoint.com/Stuff/x/new1.png Sprite sheet updated

here is a comparison of the old jump to new jumps

@walruslui: Look! Here are your 1st frames you can make for the X1 armor! The jump frames!!! Be sure to base your armor on the updated X. He has more details where his joints connect and a different shine. Except skin, eyes, and mouth I'd prefer you not use any colors already used on this X for CS purposes.
#19  August 03, 2016, 07:07:11 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
This is beautiful! Gorgeous! :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#20  August 03, 2016, 07:50:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm glad you like it! Metal Warrior was a smart investment!

I've messaged a potential voice actor so that means I need to figure out what his intros, winposes, and lose animations will be!

I'm going to post a lot of ideas. I don't mind suggestions. I do like a lot of intros and winposes though.

Intros:
3 Bad guy firing off screen. Shots come in from intro side hitting 2 baddies then X rides in and jumps off bike as bike crashes through baddie.

X beams onto stage

Capsule opens to reveal dormant X. His gem glows and his eyes open and steps out.

X pleads "Please we don't have to do this! We don't have to fight!" Alt "You- you've gone maverick?!" Alt "Alia what do you have on them?" Alia: "They are very dangerous X! Be careful!"

X comes through boss room door, warning message appears when he takes stance

Elf X floats in and takes shape then solidifies

X in light capsule cycling through various armors till he stays on default

X cycles through various colors till he stays on default

X is damaged with low health and uses sub tank

Winposes:

X holds hand in air and beams out

X turns around buster to screen and fires

Alia and team beams in "Good job X we can take it from here"

Light capsule comes up from ground in front of X. X crosses arms ala Ryu and Light appears in Ryu gi inside capsule and does the same.

X takes com stance "Mission Complete. Returning to Neo Arcadia"

X transforms into Axl "Sorry buddy, boss didn't have time for you"

X stands proud "You did fine. I started as a Class B as well!"

X collapses "Why did we have to fight? Why do we always have to fight?!!!" (Can have alts)

X holds out a heart piece and holds it out to opponent "This will help you last longer in your future battles."

Lose
X explodes