YesNoOk

Fei-Long  (Read 89343 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, October 08, 2014, 07:48:50 am
Share this topic:
Fei-Long
#1  October 08, 2014, 07:48:50 am
    • USA
Rather than create a new topic, I'll just post this here. Still a w.i.p, but solid enough. I wanted to use those other sprites, but he never got around to doing it so I just said f'k it. I know about the flames on Shien Renkyaku I just don't feel like doing it atm because its really annoying, same for lvl2 of it.
Anything I do is the way it is because that's the way I want it(unless its a bug I missed) I've played all these games I know how it works, but enjoy my own twist. This is my final character release here on this forum, which is really just an overdo update enjoy.
https://www.mediafire.com/?3px8w6zu4a6vzfv

Always accepting pals

Excel Fun

More videos
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:24:50 pm by ReixSeiryu
Re: Pots styled Fei-Long beta
#2  October 08, 2014, 08:09:11 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Congrats on your first release of sorts. Will definitely test tomorrow after work and give feedback
#3  October 08, 2014, 08:20:47 am
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
Bruhhh. Not complete, but I'm sharing just because I haven't been doing anything mugen related.
If you've got better things to do, do them.

P.S
Aye That Ryu Yassi super does not connect on the last hit (yes I know)
The kick grab I know about that as well
Let's add for good measure:
- State 3200 - loops when it doesn't connect
- State 3300 - loops when it doesn't connect
- State 3400 - freezes into state 20
- State 801 - Hitsparks are off
- States 210, 211, 420 - Htsparks are off
- State 1030 (EX Rekka) - Range issue
- State 1200 (Chicken Wing) - Range Issue

- Hitspark is off

You're essentially finished with Fei anyway. Wouldn't take much for someone to just come by, make a few edits, and release. Based on your posts, I've been sensing a little bit of boredom with the program.
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:29:09 am by KensouSye
#4  October 08, 2014, 09:11:10 am
    • USA
-3200 and up aren't coded so it'll do that
-Hit sparks keep them coming I had already gotten those, but there may be more.
-That last rekka hit looks like that when you do it up close I know I'll fix it
-The range issue. Sometimes he goes over the head right? I got it. Ex rekka though?
-The Rekka's in this one, there is only one version for all buttons(distance).

Yeah keep it coming I'm just about to try to wrap all of these up within this month.

Congrats on your first release of sorts. Will definitely test tomorrow after work and give feedback

Thanks. Well at least any problems found in any of the characters will likely be the same anyhow since I used the same template for them. So at least I can get the common errors out of the way. 
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:16:53 am by ShinRei
#5  October 08, 2014, 12:08:23 pm
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
Well, that's pretty good for a beta :) ; Just some things :

- When you perform a "RyuYassai" while the oppponent isn't close anymore, Fei-Long stays and do an infinite :

- Dat small port (I know you use cvs3 screenpack but tell to hades or nds-silva for a better port, I think).
- no custom combo ?
- You use C.S by Varo ? If it's the case, put a template for palette makers ;)

Good continuation ;)
#6  October 08, 2014, 12:50:30 pm
I've been waiting to try a new Fei-Long so this is awesome!  Also, which stage is that, please?
#7  October 08, 2014, 12:56:33 pm
Also, which stage is that, please?
Please don't do that. Go in the Request board and ask in the "Does this thing exist? Who is author etc." thread.

If you're referring to the screenshots in the first post it's the SFIV Training stage, it was done by Exshadow (faked versions) or Margatroid. :)

I don't know if these were already mentioned (I haven't read all the topic), but here's my feedback:
- the run sprites by Dampir have lost some shading;
- misaligned hitsparks on far standing light punch (move it down just a little), all standing medium punches (same), standing light kick (it's too low on position), crouch light, medium,strong punch, (move them down a little);
- too many CLSNs on one of the dash back frames;
- I think the crouch light punch animation is a bit too fast;
- level one and level two QCB+kick (or two kicks) deal the same damage (154) even if I press the buttons (from 9 to 11 hits); the damage is very low, it's better if I do B,D,DB,strong kick which deals 132 instead of a level 1 or 2 that deals 154.
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:35:03 pm by Alex Sinigaglia

DW

#8  October 08, 2014, 06:51:28 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
This char needs a lot of work. A lot of things feel wrong and you were "doomed" from the start so to speak, because you used that BajanFlash guy's Fei-Long as base. Everything that's wrong with his, is wrong with yours. That's not a good base to work from.

-Clsns are a mess for everything. Total rehaul of his AIR would be your best bet.
-Palette Selector stuff causes debug flood and doesn't work.
-Adv/disadv frames are all over the place. S far LP and S far MP leave him at +9... That's just one of many examples. Attacks are animated oddly. Name close s.LP and cr.LP. Like you have a ChangeAnim sctrl in there for IDK what reason.
-Head.pos and mid.pos are off:
-Throw attempt has infinite priority
-Cr.MP whiffs up close:
-HCF+LK special can whiff corresponding hits from the initial hit up close:
-Small jump anims are animated wrong. Not having a looped or indefinite timed last frame for them.
-QCF+P Rekka special feels stiff and I can't SC from it.
-Atks that set p2 on fire cause slowdown for me. Why do you have two sets anyway? Group 7180 and 8150 are exactly the same. Speaking of which, they're both misaligned.
-Flame partciles for EX QCF+P special are scaled more than they should. Or perhaps you're using some different FX for it? Either way, it looks weird.
-Jump vels are too low, barely stays in the air.
-Missing 2nd run step snd for run.
-EX HCF+K special causes more dmg than Max version supers.
-Group 7060 dust FX is misaligned.

I'll stop here. Getting the basics/system stuff done and working/feeling right is very important. It's the foundation of the char that everything else is built upon. Honestly, I suggest revamping everything from a more solid base.
#9  October 08, 2014, 08:17:03 pm
    • USA
Also, which stage is that, please?
Please don't do that. Go in the Request board and ask in the "Does this thing exist? Who is author etc." thread.

If you're referring to the screenshots in the first post it's the SFIV Training stage, it was done by Exshadow (faked versions) or Margatroid. :)

I don't know if these were already mentioned (I haven't read all the topic), but here's my feedback:
- the run sprites by Dampir have lost some shading;
- misaligned hitsparks on far standing light punch (move it down just a little), all standing medium punches (same), standing light kick (it's too low on position), crouch light, medium,strong punch, (move them down a little);
- too many CLSNs on one of the dash back frames;
- I think the crouch light punch animation is a bit too fast;
- level one and level two QCB+kick (or two kicks) deal the same damage (154) even if I press the buttons (from 9 to 11 hits); the damage is very low, it's better if I do B,D,DB,strong kick which deals 132 instead of a level 1 or 2 that deals 154.

-Sprites I have no clue about. Hitsparks fixed.
-Will play some ultra to get his speed more realistic.
-Damg fixed

This char needs a lot of work. A lot of things feel wrong and you were "doomed" from the start so to speak, because you used that BajanFlash guy's Fei-Long as base. Everything that's wrong with his, is wrong with yours. That's not a good base to work from.

-Clsns are a mess for everything. Total rehaul of his AIR would be your best bet.
-Palette Selector stuff causes debug flood and doesn't work.
-Adv/disadv frames are all over the place. S far LP and S far MP leave him at +9... That's just one of many examples. Attacks are animated oddly. Name close s.LP and cr.LP. Like you have a ChangeAnim sctrl in there for IDK what reason.
-Head.pos and mid.pos are off:
-Throw attempt has infinite priority
-Cr.MP whiffs up close:
-HCF+LK special can whiff corresponding hits from the initial hit up close:
-Small jump anims are animated wrong. Not having a looped or indefinite timed last frame for them.
-QCF+P Rekka special feels stiff and I can't SC from it.
-Atks that set p2 on fire cause slowdown for me. Why do you have two sets anyway? Group 7180 and 8150 are exactly the same. Speaking of which, they're both misaligned.
-Flame partciles for EX QCF+P special are scaled more than they should. Or perhaps you're using some different FX for it? Either way, it looks weird.
-Jump vels are too low, barely stays in the air.
-Missing 2nd run step snd for run.
-EX HCF+K special causes more dmg than Max version supers.
-Group 7060 dust FX is misaligned.

I'll stop here. Getting the basics/system stuff done and working/feeling right is very important. It's the foundation of the char that everything else is built upon. Honestly, I suggest revamping everything from a more solid base.

-Group 7180 and 8150 I use two different flame colors didn't change it back in this one. Will look into the alignment.
-Yeah I used that base. Everything you said about the air is spot on. I always do the clsn last I will for sure go and clean it up. These are pretty basic problems I can take care of easily. It will make the core stronger. These references I can just go and do it directly without looking for it. So if you find anything else just post it.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.
#10  October 09, 2014, 01:09:42 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Nice release so far man! Hope to see some progress!

THANKS! :D
#11  November 01, 2014, 05:45:09 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Nice to see pots style. Beside it, what r u making in this style
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#12  November 01, 2014, 02:32:02 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
#13  November 07, 2014, 07:10:47 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sorry.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#14  November 10, 2014, 12:19:57 am
    • USA
Update coming soon. I've decided that after I finish these wip. I am done with SF characters. Kinda boring honestly lol
#15  November 10, 2014, 12:24:57 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#16  November 10, 2014, 12:30:45 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Totally understandable. Anyways, I'm stoked to see an update! :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#17  November 10, 2014, 12:41:34 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#18  November 11, 2014, 12:38:11 am
  • I want to see more in Mugen!
    • Brazil
#19  July 20, 2015, 02:26:59 pm
    • USA
Updated. More playable at least.
#20  July 20, 2015, 03:24:02 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Thanks meh!