YesNoOk

Shoma Tsukenzo, a Bruce Lee lookalike based on me and 1980's badasses (Read 5885 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, May 18, 2018, 07:52:08 am
Shoma Tsukenzo, a Bruce Lee lookalike based on me and 1980's badasses
#1  May 18, 2018, 07:52:08 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Wuddup, guys? I have posted stuff about this guy before, here and in the MFFA discord, but I didn't get any general reactions from here. I've made a few more features for him, so I'll just make here as a individual post.

Shoma (aka The Hellraiser) is a guy who looks like Bruce Lee and idolizes the late martial arts. He was also very big into music since he idolizes rock legends such as Ozzy Ozbourne, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, and more. He got into fighting by self motivation.

Unlike the Bruce Lee clones in fighting games, Shoma is more unique. He doesn't do Bruce Lee's traditional battle cries, and he uses move violence compared to what Bruce used in his movies.

Shoma uses a MMA form called Kyoryokuna Ken (Powerful Fist), which uses Jeet Kune Do, 5 styles of Karate, Muay Thai, and Judo. Combining that with brute force. Which means he can do head butts and choke slams with traditional martial arts moves. Matter of fact, one of Shoma's grab moves is a one arm slam, but he picks up his opponent as if they'd actually have some weight on them.

When doing absolutely nothing, Shoma will stop doing his fighting stance and he'll just stand around similar to Remy's stance. He'll do one of these things if you continue to do nothing.

He'll crack his knuckles, all of them. Thumbs and everything.

Crack his neck.

Pick his nose and flick the booger.

And look around.

Shoma's power is pyromancy. His projectile is basically a giant ball thrown similarly to a bowling ball. He also has this 1, 2, 3 fire punch similar to Fei Long's Rekkaken. One of his supers is a combination of Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch, and K''s Heat Drive. To go for a more MvC like feel, you won't be able to charge the move, but the move will have a large reach like K''s heat drive, and the punch will release a projectile that'll disappear in like 5 seconds.

I'll dig deeper into him, but what do you think so far?
Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:26:13 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: Shoma Tsukenzo, a Bruce Lee lookalike based on me and 1980's badasses
#2  May 22, 2018, 05:50:04 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Are you going to make him yourself or are you trying to make people do that for you for free?

Nobody's stopping you from making an alpha/beta version. To see what you have in mind.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#3  May 22, 2018, 08:10:45 pm
    • USA
Hm, I didn't think that someone would actually respond.

I'm planning on commissioning him to a sprite artist (CvS, specifically), and I'll ask for some help here and there for coding him.

I will say this, coding his standing animation is going to be interesting, because I want the other animations, including him picking his nose, to have a random trigger.
#4  May 24, 2018, 12:33:01 am
    • USA
There's another character that I wanna make. Idk if there are any fans of this character, but it's Daisy from Mario.

I'm thinking about making her a grappler and a long-range fighter. I do have one idea for certain moves, her outfit will change to other outfits. A soccer projectile will use her Strikers (not charged), and a water move will use her Rio 2016 olympics outfit.

However, I do need some help with her default outfit. Originally I was going to go for her tennis dress from Mario Tennis Open/Mario Sports Mix, but some people do suggest her in her shorts outfit because of her personality and character. She does look good in both, so I'm more or less hitting a brick wall.

So, out of the 2 outfits, which do you guys prefer.

(Idk if I should rename this thread or not, I'm just gonna keep the original name just because)
#5  May 27, 2018, 05:56:26 am
    • USA
Is anyone going to pick?