Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#1501  March 10, 2018, 09:50:13 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Shit. Forgot to post these earlier

I wanted to show more off but a lot of his stuff would look better in game in motion, which is a ways off from me showing atm (still on my spriting tour atm) so I'll show what I think looks good as is, as well as fun to look at I suppose. I'll make a palette template later, I cs'd his eyes so he can have
manga and anime versions of the eyes (yes it's a small thing but it was easy)

Spoiler: Krillen Gifs (click to see content)

Gotta fix some jumpyness here and there  later on(Like the kienzan shoes, goddammit)  but there's chrome dome done. Been working on frieza for about 2 weeks(I think?) just finished the 10th row(out of 37) of his skin. Taking a long time for each row due to not being able to do him in layers, but on the brightside once the skin is finished the rest is pretty quick and easy. I'm hoping to be finished by June. After which I'll be working on Piccolo.
#1502  March 10, 2018, 11:46:29 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I'm not sure if I should ask this but,will sprites get a public realese after realese of the game
#1503  March 10, 2018, 01:58:52 pm
Looking good, especially that double kienzan!
#1504  March 10, 2018, 03:27:01 pm
    • Portugal
    • http://flyper1989.weebly.com
Shit. Forgot to post these earlier

I wanted to show more off but a lot of his stuff would look better in game in motion, which is a ways off from me showing atm (still on my spriting tour atm) so I'll show what I think looks good as is, as well as fun to look at I suppose. I'll make a palette template later, I cs'd his eyes so he can have
manga and anime versions of the eyes (yes it's a small thing but it was easy)

Spoiler: Krillen Gifs (click to see content)

Gotta fix some jumpyness here and there  later on(Like the kienzan shoes, goddammit)  but there's chrome dome done. Been working on frieza for about 2 weeks(I think?) just finished the 10th row(out of 37) of his skin. Taking a long time for each row due to not being able to do him in layers, but on the brightside once the skin is finished the rest is pretty quick and easy. I'm hoping to be finished by June. After which I'll be working on Piccolo.

I really like to see your work...
keep up the good work
#1505  March 10, 2018, 05:14:30 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
This is really one of the most beatiful Krillin sprites I've seen. great job

#1506  March 10, 2018, 07:11:44 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm not sure if I should ask this but,will sprites get a public realese after realese of the game

Sorry, no. Maybe older stuff that becomes obsolete but nothing in the game will be open source.
#1507  March 22, 2018, 06:55:43 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
3-22-18

So frieza is moving faster than I thought. He has less than 90 frames of skin left (been knocking out 6-7 a day)
At this pace I'll have the skin done on frieza in a little more than 2 weeks. And another 2-3 weeks on the purple and faces. I want to make a poll later after I finish a few other sheets for a vote on the final sheet for the first release.

It'll be between Ginyu, Gotenks, and beerus.
#1508  April 13, 2018, 04:41:41 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
4-12-18

So all friezas skin is done. Finished his purple on his head. Doing the rest of the purple now,after that is the faces and he's done. He's moved a lot faster than I thought. Should be done in another 2 weeks. Then it's on to piccolo.

Also looking for some help on the screenpack. Not coding still have speedster (I hope) coding,but I need someone to make some of my prototype stuff since I'm pretty busy and I suck at using photoshop. Any help would be appreciated.
#1509  April 13, 2018, 04:35:42 pm
    • Portugal
    • http://flyper1989.weebly.com
4-12-18

So all friezas skin is done. Finished his purple on his head. Doing the rest of the purple now,after that is the faces and he's done. He's moved a lot faster than I thought. Should be done in another 2 weeks. Then it's on to piccolo.

Also looking for some help on the screenpack. Not coding still have speedster (I hope) coding,but I need someone to make some of my prototype stuff since I'm pretty busy and I suck at using photoshop. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll make it available to help you if you want. ;)
#1510  April 13, 2018, 06:21:53 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Can u pm me some of your work?
#1511  June 24, 2018, 05:53:36 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
6-23-18

So I've been working on piccolo since the end of may, about 50% done (all gi is done, 5 rows left of the skin lining) I should finish him up by end of july early august.

I also did an edit of Goku Black which I'll be making sometime later next year
I did 4 (half) versions of him

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

his sheet isn't extremely hard so it won't be too much work when I do work on him. He'll be part of the dbs team which will be Black,Beerus, and a third tbd.

frieza is finished, but I made some mistakes on his tail that I need to fix on a lot of frames which is why I've held off on showing him off.
#1512  June 24, 2018, 06:05:09 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Good progress. Excited about that DBS team

#1513  July 22, 2018, 07:53:32 pm
  • You, my friend, are weak.
I could "probably" help you with your project. This is a Gohan I sprited a few years ago when I 1st caught wind on your project

I have more recently switched him over to the orange and blue gi since I'm starting to make an Open Bor DB Super game featuring Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta as playable characters. My game will have ALL of their forms avaliable but I've long since decided to finish Gohan 1st since he has the fewest forms to sprite. I see you've started a Gohan of your own, idk how far you are with him but like I said, I could probably help with him. I'm not a "master" spriter but I feel like I do pretty well for someone self taught and draws with the mouse....idk, you tell me.
#1514  July 24, 2018, 02:23:07 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Looks good.I'd have to see you do something in Ap first though.

7-23-18

I've been somewhat slacking these last few days,should be further on piccolo.Atm Im on his pink skin then its the shoes the sash and final touches.I'm gonna say another month for good measure. Then its only two sheets left Goku and Gohan which are the easiest and less frames.

Then I make my return to coding.
Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:27:18 am by Neocide
#1515  July 24, 2018, 03:51:08 pm
AP? As in "animated poses?"
#1516  July 24, 2018, 04:21:50 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
No. As in anime perfect,it's the name of the style being used for the sprites.
#1517  July 25, 2018, 12:36:11 pm
Oh ok, then I guess I have some work to do because I thought I nailed it lol
#1518  July 25, 2018, 04:20:05 pm
This is actually the newer look for the Gohan I'm spriting

I'm using film and EB sprites as bases and animations for my edits. I recolor and resize the EB and film sprites in Photoshop and then clean up everything else in Game Maker 8. I also redo the EB faces to look more like the show. I decided to switch because I had more references like the Buu saga for film animations and DB Super. And then I tie the EB sprites in as well. I did realize that his shoes were darker after I did a few film edits lol. I have ALOT of sprites to fix
#1519  July 25, 2018, 05:59:45 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
It's close, the sprite itself looks a bit messy. I can show you a base later if your willing to go fully. I was waiting till next year for big gohan,so you'd have lots of time to improve.
#1520  July 26, 2018, 05:28:22 am
Yeah that would be GREAT lol. I'd love that, always looking to improve. Thanks Neo