YesNoOk

The curse of the Batman (Read 10930 times)

Started by Messatsu, May 05, 2009, 10:43:49 pm
Share this topic:
The curse of the Batman
#61  May 07, 2009, 06:06:30 am
  • I got a PM.
Yeah,

I'm talking about all the pages. People love to post their versions of mugen philosophy, but when it comes to real feedback or help, you get 1 page with maybe one useful comment.

I understand that when P.o.t.s releases something, there will be more praise than feedback. The truth is his topics have the most real feedback. Our release section has become a place where people mostly get drama or +1's

I understand why it happens. People that have been around for a while, don't want to download another black suit wolvereen or they are to busy working on their own stuff to care. The middle class of mugen is to scared to post real help. They are scared of being made fun of if they bumble something up. The leaching class doesn't really know much and can't be of much help.

Our projects section has become a pile of shit. It would be nice if it was a place for beta releases. A place where creators could get real help and advice. Instead, we have a bunch of idea generators, some sprite edits, and dead projects.

I think the main cause comes from the closed off people. Some creators got real class. P.o.t.s, yeah I used his code because it was open source. Because of his openess, I wouldn't dare shit on something of his by making a new Ryu with his code. Why? P.o.t.s has earned respect because of his openess. Cy has the same kind of respect, due to his help in the dev help section. He also earned respect. There are many others. They earn respect because of there willingness to help others in the community. They do this for free, and they do it for all classes of mugen user. It funny because it comes from the oldest of the creators. Even Byakko and KFM help others, even though they are some of the biggest regulators.

Others piss and moan so much. They never seem to really help anyone. The whole, I know something and you don't, because you are a moron attitude. You know who I'm talking about. They are the first ones around when there is drama, but their post history in the help sections are only asking and never giving.

It pisses me off when I see a drama release last on this board for a month, but a real, good, and done properly release falls off the board.

Yeah this guy stole some shit. Yeah he's not a very good creator. Yeah I stole P.O.T.S opens source stuff and gave him credit. Oh, I'm so much better than this guy, right? Bullshit we were at the same level of a creator when we did it. After fucking around using other people shit for over a year, I now can code. This means you won't see me copying or stealing shit, because I can do it myself and I want to know how every little thing works. Since I've learned my releases have slowed down. Doesn't matter, because now I can do things with this engine that I couldn't do before. The point is, no one wants to do it the easy way. The easy way is limiting. A creator can not make what he really wants by copy and paste.

As far as sprites go, I don't get why people can't credit? I've asked people not to use mine until I'm done with the character. If someone does oh well. They would either make something horriable and no one would want it, or they would make a better character. Which if people were more open, I could just use the parts of that character I like, and improve it even more. Just steal it right back.

Imagine for a second if we had open source projects. I mean real ones. The elite creators are already doing it. You think that some of the best are not sharing with each other? You don't see it so much anymore, because the creators of old have already shared with one another. Just check the older tutorials and help. Check out people like winanne. Another creator who as earned respect.

Some people think mugen respect or fame, comes from making something cool or orginal. It doesn't. It comes from helping others make something cool or original.

Sorry about the rant. It's just 8 pages of shit and Cybaster's single post of feedback, got to me a little. That, and I can relate to using someone elses work in a Batman creation.

Here's the drama that I got

Not being bad or all, but I hope you have AT LEAST told PoTS that you used his Nash

This is my response. Keep in mind that, this was back when the character was not much more than a sprite swap And the reason for my release was because another more established creator had shown his sprites. He was ripping the same thing I was. So I went with a real early release. So I could be the first to use those sprites.

No I didn't. I've read here in the forums P.O.T.S saying that his stuff is open source - the hitsparks. If it's not and P.O.T.S has a problem with it. I'll take down the link and start over.

P.S. Major Update coming soon.

That's it. No other drama. Something has happend since. The other creator never finished his release.
Now imagine If, I did the same release now. Imagine if I sprite-swapped P.o.T.s E.Honda and made it into a Watchmen character. Do you think I, or any other creator would get the same treatment that I got over a year ago? Do you think I would have kept working on creating if I was treated like................ I don't know Alex. Now granted, I wasn't an ass about it and you get what you give.

It just seems to me that, things are getting more closed off.
Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:11:14 am by shamrock
Re: The curse of the Batman
#62  May 07, 2009, 09:08:09 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Why was this half of the topic worse than the other half? ???
Use anything you want from my works.  If you need to contact me use email, not private messages.
#63  May 07, 2009, 09:16:05 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#64  May 07, 2009, 01:53:10 pm
time to clarify some things here:
@ANC, shut your mouth, you didn t manage to release your character one year ago, you have done one character in three years, be glad someone finished him
@alucard, you steal some sprites here and there, assume, grow up^man, even storm helpers were stolen
@jasontodd, don t you have some characters to finish, or do you just release betas with design stolen and replace them after, and try to stop to be bad wit o illusionista, it s not his fault he is fat and pathetic and stupid and banned from every forum except here and create worst projects ever.
CORRECTION/ ITS HIS FAULT
#65  May 07, 2009, 02:23:39 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
And here comes the infamous Magus, father of Kong, son of Ex-Inferis, brother of Smoke, and heir to the Throne of the BrokenMugenHD Kingdom !!!
#66  May 07, 2009, 02:39:17 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Am I the only one really not getting why Ilu's gut is such a vital point of mockery for people in this thread? He even sprited the fact he has one. Really, it's as bad as "u r gay" in the fifth grade.

Back to your regularly scheduled bullshit.
#67  May 07, 2009, 02:41:32 pm
    • France
It's simple : when you have nothing to attack the person, you just rely on childish insults, because you then feel superior.
As if Bat-nipples weren't bad enough, he's gotta endure this?
#68  May 07, 2009, 02:54:49 pm
Okay I downloaded the one that was linked to and I have to say...seriously *this* is shit.

I mean really, you people thought this thing was GOOD? Wow, low standards guys, low standards.

+The sprite work is very nice.
+Some of the moves show nice ideas
-Almost ALL the clsn is horrifically messed up. This leads to multiple errors.
-Almost every attack has issues. QCF+Attack projectile for example has no CLSN2.
-The voicework is shoddy. Really. Shoddy.
+However at least we can make out what he's saying. Somewhat.
-What the hell makes the QCFx2 super even seem like a viable idea? He attacks the opponent JUST to shoot them with a missle from the batmobile? Where's the thought process in that?
-And why does the music play if the move doesn't hit?
+Kudos to the music though.

Seriously this thing...good lord.
Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:59:40 pm by Kung_Fu_Man
#69  May 07, 2009, 02:58:31 pm
    • France
This character has a lot of potential. :) The graphics are very nice, kinda flashy but not too much. However, the gameplay needs a lot of tweaks and fine tuning to make it solid and more enjoyable.

- Well, not a big deal, but it could be nice to include normal small and large portraits for regular Mugen release.
- The debug flood is horrible. o_O
- CLSNs need a lot of work (too many boxes + infinite priority + non consistency). Please go look at K.O.D's tutorial to see how they should be done.
- No dash sound.
- Batman should jump further during Batcontact. It doesn't look realistic as it is. Plus, either the opponent should bounce on the wall, either he should fall, but not go far away and recover as it is now.
- F+P throw is strange : The opponent doesn't fall to the ground immediately, but goes horizontally a little bit before.
- F+K throw has a very bad custom state. It looks like the opponent is flying.
- Batarangs don't touch when performed close to the opponent (except when they come back).
- Batbolas is done with kick (bad command in readme).
- I noticed Batman can bounce on the wall by doing qcf : you should limit it to 1 or 2 try. I was able to stay at the top of the stage using this. :P
- Stun Bomb is strange. Plus, it doesn't work correctly on a cornered opponent.
- Final hit of darkknight combo HP should make the opponent bounce on the wall.
- Final hit of darkknight combo HP doesn't touch if the opponent is in the corner.
- Is it normal that we can guard the last hit of Bat kicks ?
- Bats are too big and don't move well during bat swarn.
- No CLSN during the super startup ? That's holy unbalanced. It looks misaligned on bat swarn for example.
- Crime alley vengence does WAY TOO MUCH damage for a Lv1 super.
- Crime alley vengence doesn't seem to catch the opponent perfectly on the head at the beginning.
- Dark Knight Ride has very good ideas but isn't done very well IMO. The floor sprite is bleh. Batmobile has anice shape but really needs anti-aliasing to match with Batman sprite-wise. Plus, at the end, when we see the background, Batmobile stops, shoots, but the then the piece of background we see where the opponent is is the same as the one where the batmobile just was, which is really strange.
- Crime Alley Vengence, DK Ride and Batmen all do more or less the same quantity of damage.

Well, that's all for now. I only tested normal mode, but you can see there are many things I wished were fixed. Overall, you've done some very nice job with the sprites and the ideas, but it needs a lot of work in the gameplay department.
::)
#70  May 07, 2009, 03:01:00 pm
I was too busy wading through people praising it and folks mocking Ilu's tummy to apparently notice that :|
#71  May 07, 2009, 03:05:02 pm
Now I'm not going to defend Ilu's stuff, but am I the only person who finds it terribly ironic that Magus is saying people's characters are terrible?  I mean jesus, that's like Uwe Boll saying Micheal Bay is a terribl... oh wait.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#72  May 07, 2009, 03:28:39 pm
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I suspect that might not be "the real Magus" since he welcomed O Ilusionista to his own forum a matter of hours ago...
#73  May 07, 2009, 04:13:38 pm
    • Poland
Besides he posting style is quite different. He don't make so many grammar errors...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#74  May 07, 2009, 05:21:26 pm
  • The Old Dog
  • 15 years of MFG, geez...
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Lets make somethings clear.

and banned from every forum except here and create worst projects ever.

Correcting: I'm not banned from ANY forum. The only forum I WAS banned (but I am not banned anymore) is SD. The other ones I LEFT by myself. As I always do: I do not take part into something I don't agree. Some foruns understand it, but some don't and make a drama about my leaving.

Am I the only one really not getting why Ilu's gut is such a vital point of mockery for people in this thread? He even sprited the fact he has one. Really, it's as bad as "u r gay" in the fifth grade.

Back to your regularly scheduled bullshit.

Because he loves me, haaha. Serious: its like a small kid trying to insulting someone. Or, its like a dog behind a gate - it barks a lot, full of rage and bla bla bla, but just open the gate...and it won't do anything, because he can't do. To see him trying to insult me is the same to see a Chiuaua barking against a Rottweiler :)

I was too busy wading through people praising it and folks mocking Ilu's tummy to apparently notice that :|

hahahah, sorry for tooking your attention, heheh

Now I'm not going to defend Ilu's stuff, but am I the only person who finds it terribly ironic that Magus is saying people's characters are terrible?  I mean jesus, that's like Uwe Boll saying Micheal Bay is a terribl... oh wait.

hahha, thanx. That is the spirit :)

I suspect that might not be "the real Magus" since he welcomed O Ilusionista to his own forum a matter of hours ago...

I doubt too. Because me and Magus had patched our differences, as you can see here: http://www.scruffydragon.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=6637&view=findpost&p=110939

#75  May 07, 2009, 06:36:43 pm
  • the second life is the best
and now we have fake magus or magus clones or whatever   :sugoi:
by the way, as much as im not a fan of o illusionista, i recognise his coding is good.
THAT s funny all of a sudden, magus appears and insult everyone: "I DON T BUY IT " ::)
whoever you are (even if you are the real magus)you are the worst of us.
#76  May 07, 2009, 07:25:24 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
I would defend his stuff. His Black Cat is nicer than most of the so called "marvel" characters made right now. Including half the shit made from MvC2.

Even more ironic since I think every person on here talking about his weight has made nothing but piece of shit characters. Go figure.
#77  May 07, 2009, 08:33:02 pm
time to clarify some things here:
@ANC, shut your mouth, you didn t manage to release your character one year ago, you have done one character in three years, be glad someone finished him
@alucard, you steal some sprites here and there, assume, grow up^man, even storm helpers were stolen
@jasontodd, don t you have some characters to finish, or do you just release betas with design stolen and replace them after, and try to stop to be bad wit o illusionista, it s not his fault he is fat and pathetic and stupid and banned from every forum except here and create worst projects ever.
CORRECTION/ ITS HIS FAULT

It seems somebody cloned me, my real magus account I think was banned, but,  indeed sounds like something I could say to ANC and Jason Tood, I stand for those words even when I did not post them,  but not for the things to Alucard and OIllusionista and he was re-admited on SD yesterday.

#78  May 07, 2009, 08:53:18 pm
  • I got a PM.
#79  May 07, 2009, 09:24:30 pm
  • Professional Gorilla
  • Ook ook!
    • USA
    • doctorzaius.comicgenesis.com
Holy crap, this thread is about a released character!?   :S

Serious: its like a small kid trying to insulting someone. Or, its like a dog behind a gate - it barks a lot, full of rage and bla bla bla, but just open the gate...and it won't do anything, because he can't do. To see him trying to insult me is the same to see a Chiuaua barking against a Rottweiler :)

Livejournal. My MUGEN site.
People need to stop using 4Shared, already.
#80  May 07, 2009, 09:55:08 pm
  • The Old Dog
  • 15 years of MFG, geez...
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
hahahahhahah I loved it!!!