YesNoOk

Those of us that started with Evil Ken. (Read 4645 times)

Started by Messatsu, November 28, 2007, 10:30:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Those of us that started with Evil Ken.
#21  November 29, 2007, 02:39:34 am
    • Peru
Actually, three of us.
I remember using Floppy Disks to bring evil ken to my house from a cyber-cafe :)
#22  November 29, 2007, 02:49:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
4 I didn't realize I was supposed to start keeping score =p
#23  November 29, 2007, 02:58:21 am
    • Japan
#24  November 29, 2007, 03:43:40 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/makkah
It was a recolour of his pre hadouken pose from the sfa2 intro, I believe.

Wow, now that I think about it my friends and I only used EK, and a Strider Hien back then (ER wasn't released yet). Everyone else was just there as a punching bag.

I also remember how easy all the A.Is were, and how amazed we were when EK turned us inside out in simul mode. Ahh, those were the days....
#25  November 29, 2007, 03:55:58 am
evil ken was first ken for mugen...
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#26  November 29, 2007, 03:56:58 am
    • Germany
    • valodim@stratum0.org
doubt that
#27  November 29, 2007, 04:03:39 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/makkah
Especially since Reu said he referenced Tenshin's Ken to make him. Unless of coarse you were being figurative, and meant that it was the first "real" ken IYO.
#28  November 29, 2007, 04:05:57 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#29  November 29, 2007, 10:14:11 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Plus the Evil duo were always the first chars I showed someone when introducing them to Mugen. Wouldn't be exaggerating if I said Evil Ken is the greatest symbol of Mugen, more so than KFM.
Quoted for great truth.

Evil Ken wasn't my first character (it was Setsuna by OH), but it was in my 10 first.

I remember using Floppy Disks to bring evil ken to my house from a cyber-cafe :)
You started Mugen at something like 8 years old ? o_O
Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 09:47:26 am by Demitri Maximoff
#30  November 29, 2007, 10:53:07 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I do admit, Evil Ken amazed me so much back in the day.  I didn't care about balance then, I was simply too mesmerized by EK.  I even played as him, and I loved doing all those combos.

Bea

#31  November 29, 2007, 12:36:39 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
While Evil Ken was an impressive piece of work, coding wise, I was never much a fan of the character. I barelly played it and didn't keep him for long in my mugen.
Then again, I can't say I downloaded and played many characters at all... I always prefered to code my own...
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#32  November 29, 2007, 02:09:07 pm
my story with mugen was somewhat creepy...so I only saw Evil Ken and Evil Ryu in youtube videos and didn't know how to search for chars well back then...my first chars were Robo K and Robo Kula, they were the first thing I showed off to my friends when introducing mugen to them, as well as the evil duo
Evil Ryu is one of my most fav chars although he hasn't those half assed MVC combos, but Evil Ken has his own charm with his half assed MVC combos (so people know why is EK the most fav around here)
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#33  November 29, 2007, 03:55:48 pm
  • Mugen Player
Actually, three of us.

Holy crap....MUGEN is that old? wow...
but yeah...back on topic I love Evil ken, since he and Evil Ryu were one of my first characters to implement into MUGEN.

My only issue (which is minor) has always been his stance...

I just always thought it was a lil awkward yet very unique.
Faith in humanity
E |||||||||||||||||||||||||||F
#34  November 29, 2007, 04:57:02 pm
  • KOF Spriter
Same here
+1 :sugoi: That's how I first made my Mugen - I carried 6 Floppys in my backpack, I loaded as many charas as I could in the Campus library, then back home I'd test them  :P

The first time I played Evil Ken was a long time ago.. I believe he didn't have the SSF2TR portrait yet
RIGHT! it had a matching portrait with MyztikBlaze's ERyu  :sugoi:

Man... those days were awesome back in 2001 / 2002
Everything was new and fresh. SFA3 stages in NeoGouki's stage were teh shiznit
#35  November 29, 2007, 11:00:49 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Seriously I know Evil Ken was something but you guys are making him seem wayyy more than what he really is.

Evil Ken a mugen icon? I don't think so.

Reu is definately one of the creative greats here, but you cannot seriously tell me that you can discount anything that other creators have done, even at that time.

I recall a little guy named OrochiKOF97 that made a Clark Steel that got me seeing that gameplay rates higher in mugen more than flashy lights.
#36  November 29, 2007, 11:07:39 pm
    • Japan
#37  November 29, 2007, 11:08:23 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Seriously I know Evil Ken was something but you guys are making him seem wayyy more than what he really is.

Evil Ken a mugen icon? I don't think so.

Reu is definately one of the creative greats here, but you cannot seriously tell me that you can discount anything that other creators have done, even at that time.

I recall a little guy named OrochiKOF97 that made a Clark Steel that got me seeing that gameplay rates higher in mugen more than flashy lights.

dude...please. don't start a fight, or the old "gameplay vs graphics" discussion here.

sure. there was a lot of great creators trough out mugen history. and OrochiKOF97 is one of them.

but this topic ain't about this. if you really wish to discuss this, i will happilly split our posts and you can start another topic.
#38  November 29, 2007, 11:12:02 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
I'm not starting a fight I am saying that I don't agree 100%. Is that really such an unreasonable thing to say?
#39  November 29, 2007, 11:15:11 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
I'm not starting a fight I am saying that I don't agree 100%. Is that really such an unreasonable thing to say?

No, its not. its just not the place to do it.

really, if you wish to discuss this, i can split the topic. do you want to discuss this?
if not then

[/offtopic].
#40  November 30, 2007, 04:57:14 am
    • Peru
You started Mugen at something like 8 years old ? o_O
Same here.
I started playing mugen around 1999, but I started creating for mugen around 2000, when I was attending a course called "Discrete Math" in the University. I learnt about Finite State Machines and all that stuff, so learning mugen wasn't exactly hard.

+1  That's how I first made my Mugen - I carried 6 Floppys in my backpack, I loaded as many charas as I could in the Campus library, then back home I'd test them 
Code:
mugen.zip volume 6/6: Error while extracting evilken.sff.
Ah, how many times my floppies were faulty... ::)