YesNoOk

Anyone here being banned from BLACKLISTED WEBSITE for no reason at all? (Read 4474501 times)

Started by Flowrellik, June 12, 2016, 08:03:52 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: MUGEN ARCHIVE PLEASE HELP ME
#481  November 14, 2016, 06:26:07 pm
    • USA
dont worry about it. the fact that the admin just banned someone who simply wanted to know how to fix an issue with adfly just shows that the-website-that-shall-not-be-named and accused you of adding to "drama" when you weren't just shows how bad of a website that place is. just go to mugen free for all, its a much better alternative.
#482  November 14, 2016, 06:26:46 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
i bet that if i was donating or something,i could literally shit on them they wouldnt ban me whatsoever.
Wrong. They would still ban you, because the people behind the bans really are THAT stupid/stubborn/whatever.
Seriously, be glad that you got banned from MUGEN Archive. Because everyone deserves better.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#483  November 14, 2016, 06:32:07 pm
the thing is that lately,in june or something they added adfly,when downloading with adfly i was having a problem with it where ads would load non stop,i click skip another ad,i skip another one AGAIN and it continues without end

And they said adfly was fine, lol.
#484  November 14, 2016, 09:38:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
deleted missionary account that registered to start posting accusations of drama and trying to convince people to join mugen archive. Please do not put publicity to bad sites here or register accounts specifically to try to start drama.
Toodles.
#485  November 24, 2016, 02:54:19 pm
I've read a lot of stuff about mugen archive but I still don't understand why I shouldn't use that site. They have everything and I can't find that much content anywhere else.

So can you explain as if I'm a 6yo why it's a bad site?
Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:59:18 pm by Cob
#486  November 24, 2016, 03:03:49 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
MUGEN Archive = unskipable and required adfly = undeletable viruses = bad for your PC
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#487  November 24, 2016, 03:07:21 pm
They make money off other people's work by using ads.

The ad website they use is dangerous.
#488  November 24, 2016, 03:13:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Dont trust any account whose first post is to post about mugen archive and to demand proof, thats dizzy registering accounts over and over again to try to promote his flea infested site.

Dont use mugen archive, they rehost anything from anyone, even things already hosted on safe servers like guild and do it in order to tag ads on it and profit from it.

They claimed they would remove any content that was asked to be removed, but when asked to remove it they brag about making money out of the unwashed noobs that they get to register on the site and threaten to use bots to "ruin other sites" like they threatened to do to guild. They are monetizing the work of people and lead them to quit creating materials.

Actions like that, leeching content from other sites and riddling them with unsafe ads in order to turn miniscule profit are not the actions of anyone you should be trusting.

@orochigill: can you give me a hand and help me fuse all those "mugen archive" threads into one single "mugen archive, leeching mugen content and putting ads for it" thread?
#489  November 24, 2016, 03:20:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#490  November 24, 2016, 03:25:41 pm
I think you guys get all hot for no reason, mugen archive has no virus and they proved it
mugen guild and mugen archive are complementary site, one for download one for development, they shouldn't fight each others, they should be friends

this war is sad and unnecessary that my 0.02
#491  November 24, 2016, 03:33:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think you guys get all hot for no reason, mugen archive has no virus and they proved it
mugen guild and mugen archive are complementary site, one for download one for development, they shouldn't fight each others, they should be friends

this war is sad and unnecessary that my 0.02

IF they wanted to be "friends" all they had to do was not monetize content created by other sites against their wishes instead of promising to try to destroy development sites.
As it stands they are destroying them. By giving creators the notion that even if they spend money to host their stuff safely they'll leech everything to host riddled with ads. We spend a ton of money on free hosting for everyone on guild and the same content has been leeched byt them to put behind unsafe adwalls.

And no, they didnt "prove adfly is safe" it, ad fly is well known for its dangers, they just think their users are dumb enough that they can be targets of fleecing.

They dont care about you jason bourne.
Now , why are you making fake accounts to try to peddle mugen archive? You realize this is a bannable offense and you'll get your main account banned as well if you are trying to promote banned sites by making fake accounts to spam ?
#492  November 24, 2016, 05:01:34 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Jason bourne, use your own account or dont bother posting.Feel free to repost that post from your own main account but stop using duplicate accounts.
This is not a circus where you can pretend to be several persons.

And no one cares if they need hosting space because we already pay a lot for our adless hosting space. Someone needing money to host things Im already paying premium to host isnt doing me a favour, its getting money out of me.
Re: Anyone here being banned from my huge butt for no reason at all?
#493  November 27, 2016, 10:41:17 pm
Sorry but I lost my password and I just noticed you could recover it.
#494  December 16, 2016, 05:21:00 am
    • USA
    • dankus10@gmail.com
long time lurker here, didn't they also change it so that you needed a account to download stuff, and then on top of that required people to post some stuff until a mod approved them for downloading? or was that just for a few weeks?
either way, archive seems to be ded. I'm not saying good riddance but good riddance.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:23:58 am by Ltmarks
#495  December 17, 2016, 07:18:10 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
long time lurker here, didn't they also change it so that you needed a account to download stuff, and then on top of that required people to post some stuff until a mod approved them for downloading? or was that just for a few weeks?
either way, archive seems to be ded. I'm not saying good riddance but good riddance.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Yea I guess it only a matter of time before it would bit the bullet That or it's just maintenance. The sad thing is that you could easily avoid the adfly filter to, they didn't do much work to hide it when you've signed up (Just copy the address of the download link and boom... download, the only restriction is that you can't download stuff over 100mb but most stuff is below that.) Dizzy (The person running the thing) should have known that having a mugen warehouse attracts "leachers" which you can slow down with recaptcha of any sort, not forum post begging and "community weekends" to back up flow. As for money, run adds on the site, manage sever pay better (If he doesn't own the server that is)... like I'm not even an expert on running a sever at all, but I can see some gaping holes upon how he ran it.
#496  December 17, 2016, 04:16:38 pm
And they're back.

IMO recaptcha would be far more annoying than waiting 5sec to skip adfly. I don't think they have any need to bother leeches, they just want to increase the activity.

And no they don't own the server like guild, I'm pretty sure they use some dedicated hosting. And it must not be cheap, you can tell just by the sheer amount of storage it takes.
#497  December 17, 2016, 04:33:59 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
And they're back.

IMO recaptcha would be far more annoying than waiting 5sec to skip adfly. I don't think they have any need to bother leeches, they just want to increase the activity.

And no they don't own the server like guild, I'm pretty sure they use some dedicated hosting. And it must not be cheap, you can tell just by the sheer amount of storage it takes.

They make money of peoples shit, adflu is trash keep fucking with IT and you'll have a ransomware virus one day, why are you defending them?
#498  December 17, 2016, 04:52:57 pm
Because I think they do need the money to pay the server fees or the site would be dead plain and simple, unless you expect the owner has to throw out half of his salary in this shit, why would he do that? Big free sites do need money to run you know. No ad = no google no youtube no fb no twitter no reddit and so on. And the internet wouldn't be any better then. and the MUGEN community wouldn't be any better either without the archive.

And I don't believe in these virus bullshit stories. Adfly is one of the biggest in the ad business, it wouldn't make any sense for them to not provide safe ads. All of this is just shit talk, people repeating what they've heard like parrots, no evidence ever provided.
#499  December 17, 2016, 05:01:32 pm
Who said no ad ? It's specifically adfly, no one would be mad at Google ads.
Maybe you should invest in a company that sells strawmen instead !

Adfly is one of the biggest in the ad business
oh lol
they're just the guys who pay you better. And you know why ? Because they sell ad space to unsafe assholes that put up a quick virus and they don't care.
people repeating what they've heard like parrots, no evidence ever provided.
Several people have recounted their own experience with it. They just didn't record a video of it. You're the one who selectively picks what you want to hear.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:09:39 pm by Byakko
#500  December 17, 2016, 05:03:31 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Jason at it again

What a complete shock