Ah, great! Edgy Angry Lolicon next.
Re: Mika v1.01
#22  September 15, 2018, 08:58:46 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#23  September 15, 2018, 04:51:20 pm
    • Brazil
Nice! Ragna is next. Are you going to use his english or japanese voices?
#24  September 15, 2018, 06:53:46 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
#25  September 15, 2018, 08:19:41 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Was kinda hopin Mai-chan would win...but Ragna's cool too. We need a good Ragna, all the one's i've tried at least, aren't too great.

lui

#26  September 16, 2018, 11:10:02 am
    • USA
i'd love to see you tackle the DBFC characters since theyre made in the same sprite style and would fit perfectly in your system. the only difference is that the sprites are slightly larger than the UNIB characters.

Imagine Akira Yuuki and Shana in these styles :0
#27  September 16, 2018, 01:21:01 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
#28  September 16, 2018, 03:42:18 pm
    • USA
i'd love to see you tackle the DBFC characters since theyre made in the same sprite style and would fit perfectly in your system. the only difference is that the sprites are slightly larger than the UNIB characters.

Imagine Akira Yuuki and Shana in these styles :0

I have actually thought about working on Taiga, Misaka, or Kuroko (Despite the fact that I don't even have access to ignition). Perhaps I'll add them to the poll next time.

I can rip them for you.

That would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

#29  September 16, 2018, 05:13:24 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
That would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much.
No problems. I'll post it in a separate thread along with Noel, Hazama, Hakumen, Nu-13 and Merkava. It's about time someone does it.
#30  September 16, 2018, 05:58:12 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
That will be great I can make more palettes remember I am always active
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#31  September 16, 2018, 09:52:26 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 This Mika plays pretty solidly, very accessible gameplay wise. The only two complaints that I have atm are sort of a minor one, but first, her damage scaling could be slightly more lenient since I've noticed how some attacks get unproportionately scaled at times (like her lv1 super doing less than even half its original damage even during small combos). Second, her Burst will fail to activate anytime she's put into a custom hit state, even those that behave like a normal hit state. For the second issue, I'm facing the same identical obstacle as this since I'm trying to find a way to make my own Sayaka's Burst work when she's put in non-cinematic custom hit states. If you find a way to fix this problem, let me know, I'd like to give my character the same fix too! =)

I'll explore the character more when I get a chance, my PC access is fairly limited atm and I've only looked into Mika for like 30 minutes.
Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:31:08 am by Nep Heart
#32  September 17, 2018, 12:50:35 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Do you plan on replacing GFX and SFX at some point in the future?

Also, Ragna's voice clips have been uploaded, so, you can now use those instead of his CP sounds.
#33  September 17, 2018, 01:01:59 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Another piece of criticism for Mika while getting another chance to check her out.

All her attacks remain in "Movetype = A" even after the hitdef expires. This can create a lot of false positives such as confusing the AI and making Mika more susceptible to her opponent's counter bonus even she is no longer in attack state. I would recommend having every statedef that is an attack be set with a statetypeset of "Movetype = I" on all animation elements right after the last hitbox is active.

You may want to update all your characters to this standard, too, if you are doing it for Mika however.
#34  September 17, 2018, 01:43:17 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I don't know if this was changed in Cross Tag, but in UNIST, Mika's hurtboxes are a bit wider than what you've used, and her crouching hurtbox is identical to her standing one.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#35  September 17, 2018, 02:10:58 am
    • USA
her damage scaling could be slightly more lenient since I've noticed how some attacks get unproportionately scaled at times (like her lv1 super doing less than even have its original damage even during small combos).

I kinda feel the same way. I'll have to edit the dampener to ease up on certain moves, especially Mika Revolution.

Second, her Burst will fail to activate anytime she's put into a custom hit state, even those that behave like a normal hit state. For the second issue, I'm facing the same identical obstacle as this since I'm trying to find a way to make my own Sayaka's Burst work when she's put in non-cinematic custom hit states. If you find a way to fix this problem, let me know, I'd like to give my character the same fix too! =)

I've been having a hard time figuring this out as well. As it turns out, Neat Unsou's Nu-13 has this issue too. I kind of just learned not to worry about it, since all of the characters in my main roster don't restrict bursts that way.

Do you plan on replacing GFX and SFX at some point in the future?

Also, Ragna's voice clips have been uploaded, so, you can now use those instead of his CP sounds.

I haven't actually thought about it, I actually kinda like the effects that I have now. I suppose if anything, I would replace the effect for Mika tornado if I were to find a better one.

And once again, thanks a lot for ripping the voice clips.

All her attacks remain in "Movetype = A" even after the hitdef expires. This can create a lot of false positives such as confusing the AI and making Mika more susceptible to her opponent's counter bonus even she is no longer in attack state. I would recommend having every statedef that is an attack be set with a statetypeset of "Movetype = I" on all animation elements right after the last hitbox is active.

Huh, I never actually thought that this could be an issue. I was actually planning on having Ruby updated anyway, so she could have her special intro with Ragna, so this could be another thing to include, along with my other characters.

I don't know if this was changed in Cross Tag, but in UNIST, Mika's hurtboxes are a bit wider than what you've used, and her crouching hurtbox is identical to her standing one.

As far as I'm aware, there is no hitbox viewer for Cross Tag, but I feel like her hitboxes are smaller there than in unist. I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate with the hitboxes though.

Also, do you have a link to that hitbox viewer? The only unist hitbox viewer that I know of has been taken down by a cease and desist.
#36  September 17, 2018, 02:28:19 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
I kinda feel the same way. I'll have to edit the dampener to ease up on certain moves, especially Mika Revolution.

Oh, forgot to add that on supers, you may want to add "p2defmul = 1" for every super pause state controller since MUGEN automatically defaults to dividing damage of supers during combos by 1.5 whenever a super pause occurs.

OHMSBY said:
I've been having a hard time figuring this out as well. As it turns out, Neat Unsou's Nu-13 has this issue too. I kind of just learned not to worry about it, since all of the characters in my main roster don't restrict bursts that way.

The closest I've ever come to solving the problem is put a selfstate state controller under statedef -2 that forces certain custom states to revert to normal hit states, but it's not really an ideal way to go since it could potentially break a character when they're against custom state reliant opponents.
#37  September 17, 2018, 02:42:56 am
    • USA
Oh, forgot to add that on supers, you may want to add "p2defmul = 1" for every super pause state controller since MUGEN automatically defaults to dividing damage of supers during combos by 1.5 whenever a super pause occurs.

Ah, that's good to know.
#38  September 17, 2018, 09:47:43 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#39  September 17, 2018, 03:19:42 pm
    • USA
#40  September 19, 2018, 07:41:25 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
WTF? She's so broken if used correctly!
This is fate.