YesNoOk

Venom by T.O.P.S (Read 52069 times)

Started by Makurayami, July 05, 2012, 02:51:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Venom by T.O.P.S
#41  July 08, 2012, 08:37:10 pm
I say if there's still errors on the updated release, Basara or RMH to the rescue!
#42  July 09, 2012, 01:46:42 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Valid points Sanji. However, history serves that IMT overlooks constructive criticism and gets overly defensive while wrapped up in denial. Acey's Rogue thread is a perfect example of this. Go through the thread again. You'll see what I mean.

My own two cents says we here at Guild may bust balls and call it like it is, but we do so in a thorough, common sense and constructive way. There have been lots of really good conversations here when you read between feedback lines. You don't see this on too many other discussion boards.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#43  July 09, 2012, 02:01:08 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Sanji's point is that he IMT has nothing to do with this Venom, since TOPS is not associated to them.
Not questioning your other points though, but still, this shouldn't be a topic about how feedback is handled at IMT, since this topic is about a Venom from MMV.
#44  July 09, 2012, 03:01:05 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Agreed. I always go off on tangents. My bad.  :-X

I would like to see RobotMonkeyHead get his hands dirty though...
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#45  July 10, 2012, 07:33:44 am

http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t312-venom

I see TOPS found new hosting, thats good.
We are still waiting for him to give us signs of life here at the guild after the hosting situation he had with us.

That sprite is hella weird, his legs are way too static and the arm that is pulled back seems almost twisted. Does it animate like that in game?

Speaking of tangents, please disregard everything I said in defense of MMV. I no longer wish to associate myself with TOPS' actions; he's just as guilty of that bullshit as Volzilla was, and I now have a much better understanding of why you lot were as angry as you were. While I may or may not continue the work on I started on a character for his project, that's all I'll be doing as far as TOPS or what's left of MMV is concerned.

Sorry to disrupt this topic, but it seemed a better way to do it than PMing various people, and it was already kind of being discussed. I hope that shit doesn't color any future interactions I have with you guys, whether I continue attempting to create things or otherwise.

EDIT: Huh, I swear this topic looked less dead when I replied in it. *facepalm*
Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:38:19 am by Snakebyte
#46  July 11, 2012, 07:35:31 pm
  • Rawr!
oh god.. those clsn's are a nightmare lol.. old news but damn all of those screenshots posted.. only required 1 clsn no need for 10 in the 1 sprite ffs.

thats a cause for mugen overload lol... don't get me wrong i like his ideas on venom.. superb new moves .. really got his creative cap thinking on venom but "i like having alot of clsn's" thats ridiculous.
#47  October 15, 2012, 05:58:01 pm
http://www.mediafire.com/?wry78s01fmad3rh

Hey guys, here's the Symbiote Team's update of TOPS' Venom. Lots of bugs were fixed and a few new pals added. If there's anything still wrong with it, let me know, we want to make sure everything's fixed for the eventual full game release.
Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:31:19 pm by Snakebyte
#48  October 15, 2012, 06:31:58 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
My own two cents says we here at Guild may bust balls and call it like it is, but we do so in a thorough, common sense and constructive way. There have been lots of really good conversations here when you read between feedback lines. You don't see this on too many other discussion boards.

I agree; we have great communication skills here at MFG, despite any situation.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#49  October 16, 2012, 02:36:36 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
I just skimmed over the update real quick, but from what I see there's still a ton of clsn problems.

These two images are 1 tick apart - why does the box on the hand keep appearing and disappearing?

Other clsn issues I saw:

Still problems with infinite priority and the terrible clsns boxes that's become T.O.P.S's trademark.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#50  October 16, 2012, 04:11:02 pm
The answer to the first one is 'Apparently I don't know how to delete clsns properly'.

Really thought I took care of that.

EDIT: Link updated, because that was just me being really, really not smart. Thanks for the catch.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wry78s01fmad3rh
Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:35:31 pm by Snakebyte
#51  October 16, 2012, 06:18:48 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
I think the head is on backwards. The legs are facing the other direction and his back is facing the enemy, look at the feet direction.

yeah..sprite looks pretty strange..
#52  October 18, 2012, 05:07:33 am
  • Shakespear.
I've got to say I am tempted to clean this thing up just for shits (and send a link to TOPS  :furious:), but I got too much going on in real life right now to bother with it.  (Intensive 12 hr/day training to use food as medicine, and other health related things.)   

I do like the variety of moves, but yeah that stance is just freakin weird.  I don't know what made TOPS think that was better than the original one either.  His brain is probably in crooked. 

My suggestion would be to fix the stance, change the Anti-Venom palette to the default, and just make it an Anti-Venom character, unless there's a bunch of Anti-Venom specific miscellany missing.   

#53  October 18, 2012, 04:43:39 pm
There's another Anti-Venom WIP that's almost done. What else do you think needs fixing, code-wise? We'll happily take care of it.
#54  October 18, 2012, 05:02:30 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Clsn boxes probably need to be redone from scratch.  Get rid of all the convoluted ones that TOPS did and just start fresh.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#55  October 19, 2012, 01:28:30 am
  • Shakespear.
A question from inexperience: what is the point of having really simple clsn boxes? 

I always thought it was just to save time because it was easier to do that way, and in game it's 'close enough', (making it a completely useless pain in the ass to redo unnecessarily complex, but for the most part accurate, clsn boxes, which is why Im asking.)
#56  October 19, 2012, 01:32:02 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Unnecessarily complicated hitboxes often have gaps in them, causing inconsistent hits. What I mean is that an attack might slip through where it otherwise would've hit. It's also a pain to arrange them like that, and they slow down older rigs. So, basically: because they're flat out better.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#57  October 19, 2012, 01:34:08 am
  • Shakespear.
Unnecessarily complicated hitboxes often have gaps in them, causing inconsistent hits. What I mean is that an attack might slip through where it otherwise would've hit. It's also a pain to arrange them like that, and they slow down older rigs. So, basically: because they're flat out better.
Right, the gap thing makes sense, but that doesn't really have to do with their complexity, as much as their placement. Say I have a character w 80 hit boxes per frame, and there are no gaps, who gives a shit?   The fact that it slows down older rigs makes a lot of sense tho, I kinda had a feeling something like that would happen.  (lots of code loops each tick and all)  I see now, thanks.
#58  October 19, 2012, 01:35:18 am
  • tired
Yeah, you might want to check out K.O.D's CLSN tutorial up on his site at Trinitymugen. I'm sure it has more reasons than I did.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#59  October 19, 2012, 01:39:56 am
  • Shakespear.
Cool, thanks for the tip.  You're reason suffices for sure tho.  I'm not lookin to complicate them, just checkin too see if I could save someone a step.
#60  October 19, 2012, 01:41:35 am
  • tired
Welcome, bro 8)