YesNoOk

Dark Wolverine v1.0 Release (Read 11425 times)

Started by Beto, August 24, 2019, 03:47:50 am
Share this topic:
Dark Wolverine v1.0 Release
#1  August 24, 2019, 03:47:50 am
  • Fight
    • Brazil
Re: Dark Wolverine v1.0 Release
New #2  August 24, 2019, 08:34:29 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
> Sound FXs from MvC.
> Badly frankensprited from multiple MvC characters.
> MvC FXs.
> MUGEN.
> Curse, I even saw a ton of PotS, Beximus and Infinite codes in this character.

Sir, you lost your right to say "Dark Wolverine is not open source. So do not modify, nor pay for someone to modify. Do not remove, my name of authorship.". We don't encourage this kind of mentality here.

Edit: The plot thicken (thanks to Nep, Manby and Dis), you also take resources from:
> 280gou's Goku.
> Eternal Fighter Zero.
> CvS.
> Melty Blood.
So much for a "closed source" character.
The list will be updated whenever someone else finds anything from other open source works.
Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:48:36 pm by Mr. Giang
#3  August 24, 2019, 09:37:35 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Welp, it's a shame that this has some issues that Mr. Giang pointed out...cause Dark Wolverine is actually pretty cool imo

Not sure if Dark Wolverine is from some comic series or what but I would've enjoyed it....if you have the time to fix the issues here (Tho, that might never happen but hey...a guy can dream)

Don't think...obey
#4  August 24, 2019, 02:06:23 pm
  • Fight
    • Brazil
> Sound FXs from MvC.
> Badly frankensprited from multiple MvC characters.
> MvC FXs (and Pots too?).
> MUGEN.
> Curse, I even saw a ton of PotS, Beximus and Infinite codes in this character.

Sir, you lost your right to say "Dark Wolverine is not open source. So do not modify, nor pay for someone to modify. Do not remove, my name of authorship.". We don't encourage this kind of mentality here.

I am not the encoder of this char. The gross part was done by someone else. I have only made improvements within my limitations. He must have taken the shinzankuru template and modified it. But he coded, with my supervision. I have been working on it myself since version 0.95. The codes were incomplete. And I had to turn around to make everything work.

I just want my view of this character to be protected. It is my way. So I don't like the idea of ​​it being edited. However, I have no legal means to stop anyone.
#5  August 24, 2019, 02:12:34 pm
  • Fight
    • Brazil
Welp, it's a shame that this has some issues that Mr. Giang pointed out...cause Dark Wolverine is actually pretty cool imo

Not sure if Dark Wolverine is from some comic series or what but I would've enjoyed it....if you have the time to fix the issues here (Tho, that might never happen but hey...a guy can dream)

If you watch the old videos fo my channel. You will notice that this character changes a lot from one video to another.

So that could happen one day.

He is the son of wolverine. It is in the regular universe of marvel. It has at least 5 versions.
#6  August 24, 2019, 03:04:11 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I just want my view of this character to be protected. It is my way. So I don't like the idea of ​​it being edited. However, I have no legal means to stop anyone.

So using Capcom and community resources only to enforce members of the said community to follow your twisted rules is your view? I consider this pretty hypocritical. But well, as if it actually matters. I expect no less from someone who actually writes "Don't be a mugen idiot anymore" in the readme anyway.
Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:24:08 pm by Mr. Giang
#7  August 25, 2019, 02:25:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Hahaha...no

Closed source was the the primary source of the elitist problem we had over a decade ago. Once we finally got rid of it, the community as a whole improved. In fact, if we still were to uphold that old mentality, easily more than half of the characters released in recent times would be shunned, would never exist or would have their creators constantly harassed about violating creator's rights.

Not only is closed source no longer enforced, the opposite is completely encouraged. If someone wants to edit your Dark Wolverine to add laser beams and release that, noone will stop him and noone will yell at him for it.

If this is ab issue for you, you're better off not releasing anything ever.
#8  August 25, 2019, 02:26:40 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265

So using Capcom and community resources only to enforce members of the said community to follow your twisted rules is your view? I consider this pretty hypocritical. But well, as if it actually matters. I expect no less from someone who actually writes "Don't be a mugen idiot anymore" in the readme anyway.

On top of that, the guard push FX is the Recoil Guard FX from Eternal Fighter Zero. Manby also pointed out FXs from Melty Blood. So, basically, this pretty much crushes the notion of closed source as the author claims.
#9  August 25, 2019, 04:22:09 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Great work once again bro.

But well, Giang and DF was right Beto.
I consider you a lot, you know that bro. I know that we had to respect the authors but just like DF said, this thing of "no allowed to edit character" and for me this "closed source" shit are over around the MUGEN community, we're not in 2007 anymore. :P

Closed source was the the primary source of the elitist problem we had over a decade ago.

Sadly this shit still happend DF, specially in communities about KOF Mugen stuff (KOF Memorial stuff to be precise).
#10  August 25, 2019, 05:02:32 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
thanks for Daken, Beto he has certainly gotten better.
#11  August 25, 2019, 06:21:51 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
i guess "not an open source" shit still happens, if only it has to be solved whatsoever....
#12  August 29, 2019, 05:56:55 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Anyway, finally my showcase of Daken. You did well once again bro. :)