Share this topic:
Re: Dead Or Alive 5
#1901  January 23, 2015, 05:38:39 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#1902  January 25, 2015, 12:41:25 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#1903  January 25, 2015, 02:39:24 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Holy shit, you are creepy.
#1904  January 25, 2015, 03:08:57 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
#1905  January 25, 2015, 03:12:52 pm
#1906  January 25, 2015, 03:25:45 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#1907  January 25, 2015, 04:19:08 pm
Please stop, I'm asking nicely. It's cool that you like her and all, just be mindful of everyone else here.
#1908  January 26, 2015, 12:45:52 am
  • Never give up
LOL I mentioned his crap in a previous comment, but I guess he ignored.
#1909  January 26, 2015, 03:47:18 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1910  January 26, 2015, 10:38:45 am
    • USA
tehdevil, what basically everyone is trying to say is, we all have waifus. every single guild user has at least one waifu crush. whether it is 3D models, pixel, or physical/digital art, we all have one here. I think the way you said it just sounded really bold, and it came off as a bit strange. but deep down a lot of us has some sort of crush on something video game or anime. just keep the whole "she's my gf" thing a few notches lower and don't sound to committed to your words when you say it
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#1911  January 26, 2015, 06:05:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
is it strange that I did nto find ti weird at all ? if anything I found that pretty mild, compared to guys like jango, rednavi, etc...
#1912  January 26, 2015, 08:59:57 pm
yeah at least he isn't jerking off to burn victims or amputated 2d girls.
#1913  January 26, 2015, 09:04:08 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
A-At least your waifus are female
#1914  January 26, 2015, 09:09:33 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Seriously, tehdevil: stop posting waifu stuff and image macros. You will not receive another warning. Don't ignore this and post more image macros like last time.

tehdevil, what basically everyone is trying to say is, we all have waifus. every single guild user has at least one waifu crush. whether it is 3D models, pixel, or physical/digital art, we all have one here. I think the way you said it just sounded really bold, and it came off as a bit strange. but deep down a lot of us has some sort of crush on something video game or anime. just keep the whole "she's my gf" thing a few notches lower and don't sound to committed to your words when you say it
Don't speak for everyone and also this is really not helping. :-\
#1915  January 27, 2015, 04:01:16 pm
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

In order to provide you with the best experience possible, the expected release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has been changed from Feb. 17 to March 30. In appreciation for your patience, we'll be offering the Halloween 2013 Set (28 costumes) free of charge to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Thank you for your understanding!

Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release.

Pfff, just delay it until online is functional.
Still no mention if PC will be based on the current-gen version or not.
#1916  January 27, 2015, 04:20:39 pm
    • USA
Dragon Ball Xv delayed, Resident Evil Revelations 2 delayed, and now this? What the fuck. Seriously, what's up with videogames hating on February? Can I at least get fucking Hotline Miami 2 or something?
#1917  January 27, 2015, 04:50:15 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Dragon Ball Xv delayed, Resident Evil Revelations 2 delayed, and now this? What the fuck. Seriously, what's up with videogames hating on February? Can I at least get fucking Hotline Miami 2 or something?

February is a cursed month
#1918  January 29, 2015, 01:39:56 am
Itagaki again.
Interesting the primary web source is a KoF fan/competitive site.

http://www.orochinagi.com/2015/01/emperor-cow-meets-tomonobu-itagaki

Cow: You know, there was always something unique about DOA that drew me to it from the start. It wasn’t just the fighting and the mind game, the game was always pretty and always polished.  I always wanted to know, what were your main goals when designing the game? What was the thought process behind it?

Itagaki: There are four main pillars that I concentrated on when designing DOA. On two ends of the spectrum you have Casual and Pro, and on the other ends you have Sex and Violence. The main goal was to find the perfect balance between all these four pillars. The game should not be too difficult in order for casuals and new comers to enjoy it and it should not be too easy in order not to lose the pro players. It also should not be too violent in order not to scare off any of the sensitive players and it should not be too sexy in order not to turn it into an “Ero-game” (an erotic game). This is why I put a firewall on all 4 pillars, so that no one pillar overshadows the others and a perfect balance could be achieved.

Cow: I feel that [the balance] is one of the best areas that evolved.

Itagaki: YOU say that because you are a pro hardcore player! But I look at it from a game designer standpoint. It is almost impossible to attract new players with the way the game plays now. Look back at the older DOAs. When a new comer tries out the game for the first time, his first instinct is to just press the buttons randomly. But, those button presses usually lead to some very visually pleasing moves and even at some points lead to that beginner’s first victory. When a new player experiences this, in his mind he would think, “Hey, I think I can play this game” and would start to play it more and maybe even attract more players to play it. When you compare this to the state DOA5 is in, a new comer has virtually no chance at all. The technical gap is so huge to the point that the game will feel too awkward and this new comer will never be able to play effectively or ever get a win. A game like that would never sell. This is why they thought they can overcome this by making the game more erotic and milk you loyal players all out of your money with erotic DLC. It’s disgusting.

[...] Hey, Do you know why the 2D shooting game genre kept shrinking until it eventually disappeared? A player like you would know why. It’s basically the same situation.

Cow: I suppose it’s because it was getting more and more aimed towards hardcore players.

Itagaki: Exactly. The fighting game genre is at risk of facing the same dilemma. Of course, there is a market for hardcore players. It was for that reason I created Ninja Gaiden.

Cow: The funny thing is, even though I have an Xbox One, a PS4 and now a Wii U, I am having the most fun with the Wii U. The Xbox One and the PS4 are too obsessed with their graphical presentation to the point that the game content becomes either too short or too weak at the expense of the graphics.

Itagaki: That is because Nintendo still understands what it means to make a game.
Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:29:19 am by Niitris
#1919  January 29, 2015, 03:21:35 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Itagaki, the most hardcore developer, acknowledges Nintendo's way of making a game?! Did I miss a flying pig back there?
#1920  February 03, 2015, 11:58:12 pm
Yes, it looked amazing.