YesNoOk

Killer Instinct (XB1 & Windows 10) (Read 743841 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 10, 2013, 07:28:09 pm
Share this topic:

Zeo

Re: Killer Instinct (XBONE)
#41  June 10, 2013, 11:03:43 pm
  • A long time around.
People will always find something to complain about.
#42  June 10, 2013, 11:07:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
People will always find something to complain about.

Very true. But when you're handling a revival of a classic franchise, scrutiny is bound to be propelled into the stratosphere. SFIV did a great job at sticking to it's roots while also adding some very cool subtleties. People would have complained massively if Ryu's haircut changed. Or if his Dragon Punch was removed. You don't do things like that.

Also, ONE has had some major flack lately with its DRM issues and spy camera and whatnot. So of course people are going to be more likely to complain.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#43  June 10, 2013, 11:10:12 pm
I for one knew the game would be bad before it was even announced because KI is not a good fighting game. I say it shouldn't be this harshly judged because you knew it wasn't going to be ground breaking from the get-go.
#44  June 10, 2013, 11:12:37 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
..KI for the XBone just glorified its special finishing moves.

..the HUMILATION :/
#45  June 10, 2013, 11:43:28 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
As I mentioned in the E3 megathread, I find it entertaining that X-Box ONE is being shorthanded into XBONE, which looks like X-Bone.

Man, Jago really needs to throw Sabrewulf a freggin X-Bone!!

:laugh3:

..KI for the XBone just glorified its special finishing moves.

..the HUMILATION :/

SEE!?
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#46  June 10, 2013, 11:44:53 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Myself being a big KI fan since it debuted in 1993 or 94 to this abomination Mircosoft calls SSF4PC MOD Killer Instinct..........

Microsoft, ya dun goofed!
#47  June 11, 2013, 12:05:12 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

The game is being developed by Double Helix, the studio behind Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Are they rushing this?

I only managed to play SH Homecoming for 2 hours.  Gave up cause it was plagued with bugs.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.

DMK

#48  June 11, 2013, 12:08:03 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
looking pretty early right now and seeing as its a launch title thats very little time to "improve". it was probably going to be a XBLA game at one point, but MS needed more "exclusives" for the One and only.
#49  June 11, 2013, 12:13:56 am
  • ...why it is always HARDer to be myself?!
    • Brazil
I dont know why every games producers are trying to destroy Classics whit SHIT REBOOTS ... I think that nowadays one angry fan worth more than a happy fan.
here what i have for you producers ... _l_ FTW!!!
#50  June 11, 2013, 01:11:41 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
looks like Microsoft is failing badly....worse than Sony did with the Vita. I'm still waiting on Sony's conference. with all the restrictions on XBONE  that kills my consideration on getting it. to put it bluntly I think Microsoft just dug themselves a nice lil grave.
#51  June 11, 2013, 01:59:09 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
"    The warrior monk is back! A darker, more mature Jago returns to the super human pit fight on a desperate quest for redemption. Harnessing the power of the Tiger Spirit, Jago wages a constant internal battle to avoid the spirit’s dark corruption. His look has been updated, his move set has been updated, but his play style and formidable pure energy of faith remain the same.

Building on the exaggerated visual style of the original Killer Instinct, the new Jago has an angular, stylized look. His past struggles have him gripped in a crisis of faith, which shows in his weathered, embattled look. Clothed in shredded cloth and tapestry from the Tiger Temple, he clings to his solemn search for answers.

To develop Jago’s new look, we worked with Eric Canete, a world-renowned illustrator who has contributed to projects such as Aeon Flux, The Batman, and Justice League Unlimited. Eric’s stylized approach is jammed with invention, helping to give the monk an inner life and desperate purpose which earns him a place among the roster of extreme characters planned for Killer Instinct.

Building on Eric’s concepts, art director Bob Donatucci drove the in-game look for Jago. Bob started by redefining the warrior’s signature reads (his mask, sword, and sash), and crafting a story behind every detail of Jago’s costume and home arena.

Modeling was handled by lead character artist Beau Anderson. He went to work first by creating a high poly version of Jago, and then baking that down into the realtime game model. Jago weighs in at an impressive 60 thousand polygons, a number that’s possible thanks to the power of the Xbox One.

Sr. technical artist Bryan Lentenbrink then rigged and weighted the model. Each character in Killer Instinct will showcase purpose-built technology for the most advanced look possible. In Jago’s case, 9 separate physics simulations operate in realtime so that Jago’s pants, sash, hair, sword and more react naturally to the player’s movements, all at 60 frames per second.

Once Jago was completely rigged, the animation team took the model and began to define Jago’s motion style, modernizing and updating his animation set. Several members of the animation team practice martial arts, so they took their learning to create a raw combat style which is barely held in check by the monk’s formidable discipline.

Finally, the gameplay team stepped in to script, tune and balance Jago’s gameplay. The goal was to recapture the Jago fighting style of past Killer Instinct installments. And he’s back – a balanced character with an Endokuken projectile, a way to close distance with his Wind Kick, and great anti-air tool in his Tiger Fury. He has great normals and controls space well with his sword"

from http://www.doublehelixgames.com/jago-announced-as-the-first-character-for-killer-instinct/
#52  June 11, 2013, 03:18:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009

DMK

#53  June 11, 2013, 03:30:34 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
#54  June 11, 2013, 03:39:42 am
  • I'm not a player, I guard-crush a lot.
    • USA
    • mugenorama.smeenet.org/index.html
#55  June 11, 2013, 05:04:32 am
    • USA
#56  June 11, 2013, 05:52:04 am
For those who don't want to scroll down or if it gets lost with time, he says it feels like "a newer better Killer Instinct 2."
#57  June 11, 2013, 06:01:20 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#58  June 11, 2013, 06:03:21 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
WELP
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#59  June 11, 2013, 06:04:10 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
An episodic fighting game.
Huh.

I guess that helps bypass development restraints.
#60  June 11, 2013, 06:06:17 am
    • USA
footage was pretty "alpha-ish" so far so whatever. SFIV also looked like shit when it was revealed.