YesNoOk

Tekken 7 [PS4, XB1] (Read 463997 times)

Started by Niitris, July 13, 2014, 06:31:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7
#41  July 14, 2014, 03:21:15 pm
So is kaz taking back lead role because of this? While Jin is definitely still alive im almost certain their gonna pull some "he's amnesiac now" bull to make sure he comes back as the other hero. Then theres lars....
#42  July 14, 2014, 03:42:44 pm
  • Taste my Shiny Dragon Raging Fire!
Yeah... And considering Tekken 6 story, Jin have to go through the same amnesia shit as Lars. Then Lars will come and the two will possibly unite. Then, Lars, Jin and Alisa need a great plan to beat Heihachi, considering that this almost Century-old man can't be beaten by hand, by weapon, nor even by time. Only to see that Kazyua already "does" this job. Yup...
Fun fact: I can't remain silent about problems of M.U.G.E.N, or the entire Gameworld, but i can't say about them without it turning into shitpost.

Akuma: Akuma Yuiko! *grabs Andy with SGS* Isshun Sengeki! *starts relentlessy beating Andy*
Andy: Ahhahhahhahahha!!!
#43  July 16, 2014, 10:12:05 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Maybe the possessors of the Devil Gene will be fully transformed. I have only seen 1/2 transformations so far (Tekken 3's Devil doesn't count, because Kazuya was dead at that time).
#44  July 16, 2014, 10:15:11 pm
Right, because you know for a fact that those were all only half transformations, and also Devil in Tekken 3 doesn't count because you say it doesn't.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#45  July 17, 2014, 02:28:19 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
lol what a bitch he's killed a bunch of women

I hope Tekken 7 has the same hype when playing that Tekken 5 did best tekken game IMO
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#46  July 17, 2014, 02:29:12 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Right, because you know for a fact that those were all only half transformations, and also Devil in Tekken 3 doesn't count because you say it doesn't.

wait ? Devil was in Tekken 3 ?
#47  July 17, 2014, 02:32:24 am
No, he was in Tekken 2 and Tag, though Devil Jin did make an appearance in Jin's ending in 3. It's just what Uche said.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#48  July 17, 2014, 03:00:52 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Trope is interesting and goes in hand with what they had set in motion.

im guessing his mom will be angel or something considering she is talking about heihachi finding out kazuya got his mom's powers.
#49  July 17, 2014, 03:15:01 am
Back when the story was being developed (some time after 3) it was pointed out that Kaz and Jin had the Devil Gene, but Hei didn't, so it probably came from the mother. She's going to be the original Devil - Angel started only as Kaz's "good side" while Devil was actually a genetic trait (that was after the original Tekken talked about Kazuya making a deal with Devil to gain strength, and after the Tekken 3 intro made it seem like Jin got caught by Devil, it became the whole gene thing that was already there to begin with).
And then Asuka came around with the ability to turn off the Devil Gene. If there's an actual Angel power, it would come from Asuka's dad, probably Kazumi's nephew, while Kazumi is Devil - but that most likely came up after Kazumi was designed as the original holder of the Devil Gene.

.... On a different note, I just realized, the Kazuya/Heihachi face-off seems to show Heihachi having his white hair, so his "old" look, rather than the TTT2 rejuvenated look... So is it a flashback (and when was it) or did Heihachi grow old again (and Kazuya only figured out Hei killed Kazumi just now) ?
Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:29:22 am by DKDC

SNT

#50  July 17, 2014, 03:37:53 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
And then Asuka came around with the ability to turn off the Devil Gene. If there's an actual Angel power, it would come from Asuka's dad.
Asuka's dad would be Jun's brother, so it goes back farther than that, considering Jun's the family's Chosen One and has the same effect on Devil Jin in her appearances.

That said I think the Angel power is unrelated, and the Kazama power stems from Unknown.
Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:45:29 am by SNT
#51  July 17, 2014, 03:44:23 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There is also Jinpaichi, who is introduced as the reason behind heihachi hatered of demons, he was shown as being possessed but ( correct me if im wrong, memory is hazy) I dont think they ever actually say he was under the same type of devil gene as the other mishima.

Heihachi is the only one that doesnt keep up with those types of powers.

Anyway kazuya mom has a phoenix hairpin that kept being focused on, I am aware that back in tekken 2 angel was jun and stuff, but the phoenix pin really reminds me how kazuya never had feathered wings.

edit: was there any explanation ever why devil jin had feathered wngs but kazuya never had any of that?

SNT

#52  July 17, 2014, 03:47:26 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
There are mentions of the Devil gene in Jinpachi in English translations of Tekken 5, but Harada says they're mistaken.  Officially Jinpachi's power comes from being possessed by vengeful ghosts underneath Honmaru.

With that in mind, it's assumed that Kazumi is the progenitor of the Devil gene, which explains why Kazuya and Jin have it and Heihachi doesn't.
#53  July 17, 2014, 06:07:28 am
  • Fuck You.
the devil gene definitely "started" with jinpachi as far as we know

this is evident because in devil jin's t5 ending he kills jinpachi to achieve full devil form (which is what uche was mentioning in his post). in order to attain full devil form, you have to take it from another user; t4 kazuya kidnapped jin with this very motive in mind (it's likely that t2 devil was full devil kazuya *or* him being around jun so long, he never achieved full devil (the kazama clan have the ability to negate the devil gene [t5 asuka ending], and jin's tattoo, an obvious sign of the devil gene, is the half to kazuya's whole that he lost when he died (presumably as he was being born, life-death juxtaposition and all that), and heihachi, obviously being born without it, tried taking it himself starting in t4 when it was discovered it was genetic (science!) in t3 he (and dr b) tried using ogre's blood but it had no effect (but an explosion) cuz ogre is otherworldly and shit

on that note t4 tried to nullify the whole supernatural thing altogether by making everything genetic and scientific and a whole lot more "realistic" in general (in vitro fertilization, cell regeneration, reasonably realistic robotics, a "human" boss that doesn't transform into some monstrosity in round 2, a first since t1, genetics et al) instead of it being outright supernatural (the devil was still supernatural in t3, check the console opening intro), but i guess they figured that was silly or offbeat all things considered and went back the supernatural route with t5 and onward

as far as kazuki goes she could very well be the precursor of the devil gene but it definitely started with jinpachi; her spirit in particular most likely took over either when he died, exactly when jin escaped honmaru (high devil presence) or exactly when g corp attacked, and it likely didn't affect heihachi because it's not in his bloodline (this one is obvious, but some would look to jinpachi to deter this, tho his skips genetics and moves directly to supernatural)
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#54  July 17, 2014, 06:32:03 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
lol what a bitch he's killed a bunch of women

I hope Tekken 7 has the same hype when playing that Tekken 5 did best tekken game IMO
tekken 5 dr*

SNT

#55  July 17, 2014, 06:53:36 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
the devil gene definitely "started" with jinpachi as far as we know
Harada says Jinpachi never possessed the Devil gene.

this is evident because in devil jin's t5 ending he kills jinpachi to achieve full devil form (which is what uche was mentioning in his post).
We've seen Kazuya do exactly the same thing with Unknown, and Jun Kazama doesn't have the Devil gene. Hell, damn near everyone in Tekken 6 did the same thing with Azazel's core. It's more likely that they can sap up just about any sort of negative energy.

and jin's tattoo, an obvious sign of the devil gene
So why does it appear on Jun? I say the tattoo has greater connection to the Kazamas or Unknown than it does the Mishimas or the Devil gene.
Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:03:46 am by SNT
#56  July 17, 2014, 08:21:15 am
  • Fuck You.
Harada says Jinpachi never possessed the Devil gene.
yea

wall of txt said:
[...]didn't affect heihachi because it's not in his bloodline (this one is obvious, but some would look to jinpachi to deter this, tho his skips genetics and moves directly to supernatural)

tl;dr -heihachi no got no devil cuz jinpachi no got no devil

it likely came from kazuki, who's angel power got corrupted by heihachi's evil spirit/intentions/bloodline and created the devil gene in the next generation and onward (heihachi is nigh invulnerable and can create lightning, so he may not have the devil gene but he is obviously supernatural to a point and he sees high value in the devil gene)-he may even have thrown kazuya into the ravine/volcano to get rid of the devil gene and disguised it as a test of strength since he himself had no means of acquiring it and killed kazuki for the same reason- -also note he immediately shot jin in the fucking forehead right after jin beat true ogre because he was only useful to the point that he (a devil gene user) was the only one capable of beating him (true ogre, paul beat ancient ogre)

tl;dr the devil gene was likely created directly by kazuki and heihachi (heihachi corrupting kazuki's pure bloodline)

We've seen Kazuya do exactly the same thing with Unknown, and Jun Kazama doesn't have the Devil gene. Hell, damn near everyone in Tekken 6 did the same thing with Azazel's core. It's more likely that they can sap up just about any sort of negative energy.

then that can be excused, because non canon endings, but i did support that full devil discussion with

wall of txt said:
[...]t4 kazuya kidnapped jin with this very motive in mind (taking jin's half of the devil)
facts, jin's sub boss battle can't/won't link cuz mobile

So why does it appear on Jun? I say the tattoo has greater connection to the Kazamas or Unknown than it does the Mishimas or the Devil gene.

there's more to junknown than simple kazama shit; her procreating with a devil gene mishima alone could've corrupted her as well seeing as she didn't have that tat in t2, note it's less of a tattoo and more of a brand, jin received it from the devil spirit in the woods at the end of the ps1 t3 intro at around 19 yrs old (this is before t4 retconned it into a gene, yes it was retconned), it's likely jun/unknown received hers later (highly likely, in fact she definitely did)

it may also be why jin avoids all physical romantic contact that we know of with females, avoidance of procreation aside (his bloodline, not the tat, the tat may be a result of said corruption, but this corruption might only exist between kazamas and mishimas)

also note asuka doesn't have it and she can nullify a devil form
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#57  July 17, 2014, 12:13:38 pm
Asuka's dad would be Jun's brother
Oops, yeah, brain fart.

kazuki kazuki kazuki kazuki
It's Kazumi, not Kazuki. Kazuki's a male name. The "mi" kanji in Kazumi means beautiful, so it's a female name.

I think the tattoo is overthinking it way too much. We know nothing practical about it, as far as we know it was there to look cool. All we know is Jin's other tattoos (face and chest) come up when he transforms into Devil, and the T3 intro shows he got the arm one when Devil attacked him, so it's more likely related to Devil than to the Kazamas, and Unknown was a fucked up idea to bring Jun back anyway and it's not related to the Kazamas. Or it's just to be cool.
tl;dr the devil gene was likely created directly by kazuki and heihachi (heihachi corrupting kazuki's pure bloodline)
No, old T3/TTT era discussions said the Devil Gene came from mama, and Heihachi has absolutely nothing. He doesn't have any of grandpa's stuff, he didn't corrupt anything, and Kazumi already had the full Devil thing just like Kazuya and Jin. So far there's no indication that Kazumi's powers were "pure". It's a gene, it's directly inherited, Heihachi is 100% human (he's just crazy strong with his lightning stuff, but he's human), so it's from Kazumi and it was Devil all along. There was no "angel powers" from Kazumi, there never was. If they even exist, they're from Jun's side, unrelated to Kazumi.
Unless you mean pure in the sense of undiluted, but then it doesn't change much, Kazuya and Jin got the same gene, it wasn't diluted by Heihachi or anything. They're just both trying to control it instead of letting it control them. Also I don't think Kaz got "half" and Jin got "the other half" so much as the T4 ending simply shows that Kazuya wants to absorb Jin's Devil powers simply to increase his. And it's just a figure of speech when he say stuff like "take back what's mine".
Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:26:45 pm by DKDC

GOH

#58  July 17, 2014, 06:26:12 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

Some more info regarding Tekken 7 from an interview that Aris did with Harada (after the 3 minute mark)
#59  July 17, 2014, 06:40:34 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Nice share, GOH.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#60  July 17, 2014, 06:43:43 pm
Uh, he's saying nothing but obvious stuff, or completely baseless and irrelevant stuff (like the Wing Chun bit). There's stuff nice to hear, but really obvious - arcade & console releases, solo or tag... The bit about the number of characters was already brought up a couple days ago, too.
So there's nothing really new or important for Tekken 7 itself.