YesNoOk

ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (complete) (Read 42780 times)

Started by ferretsshadow, September 28, 2011, 11:19:04 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (42% done)
#21  October 25, 2011, 05:03:32 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Sounds great!! Your progress is quick. Nicely done. Could you post some screenshots so we can see your work??

On a side note, I'm finalizing work on my Capcom VS SNK roster, so expect a portrait pack release this weekend. It's going to look epic.

Keep up the steady pace!!  ;D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (42% done)
#22  October 25, 2011, 05:31:05 pm
Sounds great!! Your progress is quick. Nicely done. Could you post some screenshots so we can see your work??

On a side note, I'm finalizing work on my Capcom VS SNK roster, so expect a portrait pack release this weekend. It's going to look epic.

Keep up the steady pace!!  ;D

I already posted a few in the first post when I started, and I'm not going to add more every time I finish some portraits
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (50% done)
#23  October 29, 2011, 04:52:47 am
45 more portraits ( now that Im half-way done I'll be packing them all into one pack, but I'll leave pack 7 so you can just update)

http://www.mediafire.com/?b9u40qszpaws34k

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#24  November 02, 2011, 05:34:00 pm
pack 08

41 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb18f94k7jn1c21

list of characters:

#25  November 02, 2011, 09:12:07 pm
    • Ukraine
pack 08

41 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb18f94k7jn1c21

list of characters:

Good work !!!  ;D
#26  November 02, 2011, 10:18:56 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
50%.... Nicely done!!

It's also a shame that portrait packs come highly underrated within the community. Feedback is a little harder to come by even though portraits can be a painstaking process to get right visually.

Alas, keep up the great work!!

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:22:12 pm by Saikoro
#27  November 02, 2011, 11:07:23 pm
@XameJIuoH:  thanks

@Saikoro: well it's not about the feedback for me, but it would be great to hear back from the people who have downloaded it.  on another note how are your portraits coming along
#28  November 03, 2011, 12:23:10 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
@XameJIuoH:  thanks

@Saikoro: well it's not about the feedback for me, but it would be great to hear back from the people who have downloaded it.  on another note how are your portraits coming along

They are going fine and dandy albeit time consuming!! But the result is well worth it as results speak for themselves. I just started my Marvel VS Capcom side of things with Cable's Portrait finally being done earlier today. Each converted portrait needs tons of touching up for MvC2's art, even moreso than I originally thought. As far as Capcom VS SNK2 goes, I finally got to releasing them this past week. Check my sig for the Guild link. I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (55% done)
#29  November 07, 2011, 05:39:05 pm
Oh man, I've just seen this. You've done a really good job at these :) Imma use this with the Brokemugen screenpack! :D Thanks for this.
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (65% done)
#30  November 10, 2011, 01:45:46 am

37 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgk0n54mioflaf9

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (76% done)
#31  November 18, 2011, 10:58:51 pm
31 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4tu535h6njp4pv

list of characters

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (80% done)
#32  November 25, 2011, 12:30:36 pm
34 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?3skgke62ihknnjm

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (95% done)
#33  December 01, 2011, 10:37:28 am
45 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?izjb6ltsfkn4hvc

character list:

my next pack will probably be my last except for new characters that might come out in the future
#34  December 01, 2011, 01:56:29 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Nice work!! I'm jealous of your pace....  ;P

#35  December 01, 2011, 05:00:39 pm
lol it's nothing special in fact  I wanted to quit 300 portraits ago but I just can't stop myself unless I finish  ;D
#36  December 01, 2011, 05:36:15 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I know the feeling. I'm currently finishing up my Boneclaw Wolverine, and man is it a bitch. A near 4 hour bitch as his coloring is totally askew. But holy shit is he looking great.

So yeah, editing pixels can get to you man. Sometimes I go nuts looking at the screen. However, knowing that people appreciate your time spent is worth it.  :sugoi:

#37  December 01, 2011, 06:09:34 pm
these are very good. best portraits i'v seen.
hi mugen guild
#38  December 02, 2011, 11:44:32 am
thanks I wanted to do good portraits that people here  haven't really done before when doing portraits  and that isn't based  on any game style so I hope they get plenty of use by this community
#39  December 02, 2011, 12:03:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
You certainly did a great job in the amount of time it took to make all of these. In my opinion, portraits are far underrated. With so many character releases, the art that comes with a character is overlooked. With that, you have plenty of characters from one game (say, Street Fighter II) with artwork that's all over the place. I hate mis-matching styles.

So you have guys like us who come along and make everything look sharp, and yet were overlooked by that barrage of releases. At least we have the satisfaction of matching organization!!  ;D

Lastly, I'm looking up some tricks in PhotoShop to accelerate my creation process. I shouldn't be spending more than an hour on one piece.

#40  December 02, 2011, 01:05:24 pm
so true that's why I started portraiting, and after I'm done here I'm going to convert my portraits into arcana hearts 3 lifebar portraits

I use gimp because it's free so I don't have all the great features that photoshop gives, so what  I do is this process:

1)  cutting pics out of lets say a wallpaper
2) paste it over a bright color like green then resize it to the proper size
3) fill bright color with a color like purple
4) from there I clean up all the green

I don't know if everyone does this, but before doing that it would take me forever to do one portrait