YesNoOk

glad MFG is still around! (Read 2627 times)

Started by Joulz, October 21, 2019, 05:49:52 am
Share this topic:
glad MFG is still around!
#1  October 21, 2019, 05:49:52 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
hi all!

i had been away from Mugen due to some unfortunate circumstances for quite a while now, and was afraid the community might no longer be: so glad it is still being preserved by the few dinosaurs still around & nothing like logging back in to see that familiar interface :)

Re: glad MFG is still around!
#2  October 21, 2019, 11:22:00 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hello! Not only the dinosaurs but new users are emerging too. :)
Welcome back!
#3  October 21, 2019, 11:38:39 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Nice to meet you.
#4  October 21, 2019, 01:22:01 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Glad to have you on board!
#5  October 22, 2019, 09:46:23 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Welcome back!
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#6  November 11, 2019, 06:15:25 am
    • Canada
hi all!

i had been away from Mugen due to some unfortunate circumstances for quite a while now, and was afraid the community might no longer be: so glad it is still being preserved by the few dinosaurs still around & nothing like logging back in to see that familiar interface :)

I totally agree.

Much like yourself, I was also away and just came back myself after a very long hiatus. 90% of the sites I've known over the years have fallen off so I too was worried. While it's not active as it used to be (somewhat a byproduct of the social media age too imo), it's amazing that some of my fellow OGs are still at it 2 decades later and seeing many works from big to small blossom. Not to mention, the Mugen engine itself is still advancing via Ikemen and online play as the bigger examples. I mean, just 10 years ago the simple idea of online capabilities would get you laughed at if you were lucky so put that into perspective.

The way I see it, the community as a whole still has much to offer. With bigger companies abandoning the 2D art style, we're essentially at the helm of it in a sense. Keep rockin folks!