YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat NEW 2D Shinnok & Others (Read 815767 times)

Started by CoopNPB, September 26, 2015, 06:40:15 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat NEW 2D Shinnok
#261  November 05, 2015, 04:41:08 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
#262  November 05, 2015, 09:17:48 am
Yeah, that works.
#263  November 05, 2015, 07:47:22 pm
    • USA
Yeah Thanks for the Feedback. The Crying Man is still creating sh*t :)
#264  November 06, 2015, 06:02:12 am
    • USA
Shinnok should be done somewhere next week

lui

#265  November 06, 2015, 08:01:34 am
    • USA
im loving it. it also helps that MKX had the most realistic graphics of all the games, so pixelizing them looks so natural and legit
#266  November 06, 2015, 12:42:20 pm
    • USA
That's right my man! You and The Crying Man are thinking alike. bring the MK spriting to the next level!
#267  November 06, 2015, 09:53:45 pm
    • USA
he looks more original now
#268  November 06, 2015, 10:26:07 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It might just be me, but I just realized that both Kenshi and Frost are actually more darkened than they should be. The MK actors had a bit of brightening behind them, yes, but that wasn't their only lightsource. I'm not entirely sure in which direction the lights in the studios at the time were coming from, or how many of them were around, but I do know that Frost and Kenshi need an extra lightsource or two, to stay par up with the MK3 sprites.

Shit
#269  November 06, 2015, 10:50:51 pm
    • USA
No. Borg told me to darken kenshi
#270  November 06, 2015, 11:12:19 pm
  • Shit
That's alright. If anything, changing their palettes is always an option later on... although I just realized another thing. Both Kenshi and Frost look slightly short in comparison to the MK3 characters and your Shinnok. They seem to have the appropriate width, but their heights do seem slightly small. Just gotta make them taller is all.

Shit
#271  November 07, 2015, 04:20:20 am
    • USA
only on the high, low hits, and attacks, their heights are going to be slightly normal. I wanna keep a unique stance with each character. like Kenshi's knees bend and frost is pretty short lol. Shinnok is as tall as raiden
#272  November 07, 2015, 04:45:41 am
  • Niigasan
Yeah and raidens like 7'2
#273  November 07, 2015, 05:18:56 am
  • Shit
Turns out I messed up again, lol. I just compared him to MK3 Shang Tsung, and both have similar heights, given they both have bended knees in their stances.

Now the only problem I have is that his stance seems a tad simple, and more so MK2 oriented rather than MK3, the reason being that his stance cycle seems very simplistic of a loop. I'd go for a stance that was less just rotating back and forth and make it move slightly more, to further fit the flow that the stance animations that MK3 had. I did a quick to your Kenshi stance to show what I had in mind for Kenshi's stance-- and I also moved one of his feet two pixels lower, to look slightly more dynamic and more similar to Shang Tsung's foot positioning:

If the model animation looked similar to this, I feel it'd look even more official looking. What do you think?

Shit
#274  November 07, 2015, 07:27:27 am
  • SNK is life
when you put him side by side with the real people digitized sprites it's very apparent that his proportions aren't all that well. The head is big, also torso is too wide overall compared with his waist-down proportions. Legs should be longer and thicker (this is obvious comparing against both Shang Tsung and Sub Zero)

The technique is good. The results are good. Just work on the basic 3D model so all the renders turn out alright :)
#275  November 07, 2015, 01:19:46 pm
    • USA
Yeah his stance is similar to Raiden's stance. I'm going to make some characters with MK3 stance and some with MK2. It don't really matter just as long as they flow smooth.

Well I don't want Kenshi to be built exactly like john turk (actor for sub-zero & shang tsung). plus Sub-zero is slightly taller than Kenshi

for now, I'm trying to find a different stance for Kotal. I can't find a clear video of his MKX stance being shown. is there a sprite of another character with a similar stance?
Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:26:28 pm by CoopNPB
#276  November 07, 2015, 02:38:15 pm
  • Shit
You could always try coming up with your own stance or looking up real fighting stances. Always having the character stances to be similar to other characters will only end up making some of their animations look generic or too evident that it was based on something else, which is why I recommended a different stance for Kenshi (which I still endorse). And still, you should shrink Kenshi's head a little bit.

Shit
#277  November 07, 2015, 04:52:59 pm
    • USA
slightly shrunk Kenshi's head. just haven't uploaded it yet. That's the problem, I don't really know his fighting stance or decide which one to come up with.
#278  November 07, 2015, 07:29:40 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
damn one of my fav Mk Characters in 2d form your doing great
I need more PSN friends
#279  November 07, 2015, 07:49:20 pm
    • USA
Thank you. I'm going to have Kotal stand cocky. a little like MKX.
#280  November 08, 2015, 05:14:47 am
    • USA
MotorRoach, I never got the chance to tell you, but thanks for helping me out with these sprites