YesNoOk

Third public beta release of Art Of Fury (Read 149826 times)

Started by CCIronmugen, March 02, 2013, 04:04:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Third public beta release of Art Of Fury
#21  March 20, 2013, 11:46:51 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Are you talking about DM/SDM commands? Please give me an exemple.

Both of Tung's supers.
Yamazaki's Knife and High/Low Snake Arm.

RB2 commands would be best.

Yuri's SDM command is just obnoxious.

SNK had the right mind to change King's Surprise Rose from it's original AOF command to a simple QCFx2 in KOFXIII.

O_o
Regular Terry or both?

Regular Terry.

None of the characters can cancel crouch B. Took it from RB games (RB1 and RBS that is)

Quite a few characters can cancel crouching B in RB1/RBS.

Terry's RB uppercut is also a 2 hit.

It's only 1 hit in RB1.

Even though it's not that way in RB games

It is actually.

Thanks for responding to the feedback. I still don't agree with AOF's power gauge and DM/SDM's though. I think that's one of the biggest problems holding this game back is the way super moves are handled. But maybe if it's revamped so moves take less meter and the meter regenerates more quickly, it wouldn't be so bad. But if I'm gonna blow a full meter on a DM/SDM, it should be comboable or have some other kind of perk to it to make it worthwhile (invincibility, guard crush, chip damage, etc)

#22  March 21, 2013, 05:13:54 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
FYI Sorry for being off topic here Kameshi KUn But Can you tell the current progress of your game
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#23  March 21, 2013, 04:41:05 pm
  • SNK is life
Maybe if you downloaded it, you'd know ;)
#24  March 23, 2013, 04:59:02 pm
I know that But I was wondering about YUri in AOF3 outfit
#25  April 28, 2013, 04:57:41 pm
  • Jurassic creator
  • You ain't nothing but a hound dog
    • iron-mugen.one
Well, it's not AOF3 outfit because she has no sleeves in my version and some other details aren't the same.
But right now I'm back from Japan and starting tomorrow I'll go back to work so I won't have much time until mid-May to work on the game.
Sorry about the slow progress...
#26  April 29, 2013, 08:34:52 pm
Its your game dude Lets hope this one does not remain unfinished like the previous game of yours
#27  July 09, 2013, 05:58:29 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
I like this project a lot, I hope to see it finished one day. The thing is, good to see a mugen game with snk characters that is not KOF, and real bout  gameplay is nice. thanks for you efforts.
#28  July 09, 2013, 06:33:01 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Thank you guys.

I am working on "storyboards" for the arcade mode. I will also work on AI so I can have something near a "complete game". Bonus characters (like EX Yuri...) will come as separate files I think.
#29  July 10, 2013, 12:31:30 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
At least you're working on it. There are too many would be creators that give up midway and give everything they work on to the public.
#30  July 16, 2013, 01:07:42 am
This stuff is pretty cool! I just had to register an account to post on here. I think that should say something right there...

One glitch that I know of is that if John doesn't throw a punch or kick before doing his flying move (left, down, down-left, A), his energy will not be consumed. I'm sure someone has already mentioned that, but like I said, I'm new here.

The AI is predictable, and the skills take up a lot of energy to pull off. Other than that, keep up the good work. This is one of the few M.U.G.E.N full games I want to see completed.

Posted: July 16, 2013, 08:24:13 pm
Also, might I suggest you make Yuri wait an extra second after throwing an enemy to the side? She rolls toward where they were thrown, making it easy for her to walk over (while they're still down) and repeat the process (if you time it right). I've been able to beat the entire thing using just her throws, taking only one or two hits in total.

Another thing is that I think the default speed should be set to at least Fast 2. It plays much better when it's faster (but not TOO fast).

If you need any beta testing, send me a PM. I'm a huge fan of King of Fighters.
#31  July 17, 2013, 02:16:13 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Oh a Maiden fan! xD Thanks so much for registering for feedbacks. =)

John's flying attack? Wow strange thing, I'll take a look.
As for the AI, I haven't coded it yet. I have posted a topic about peoples who would help but nobody answered. I'll have to make it myself and I hate making AI. :D
Yeah the power stuff has been mentioned. But coming from more peoples makes it more important.

About Yuri's rolling, I think it was that way in one of the KOF games, but I'll check it, if it does odd things I might change it. Thanks for testing. =)
#32  July 19, 2013, 02:07:19 am
That glitch with John not consuming any energy when pulling that move without punching or kicking should be looked into; I'm sure there are a few other characters with this kind of problem, so I'll test the rest.

I see what you mean on Yuri originally being that way, but I still think there should be a way to ensure that the player doesn't abuse the move (especially since the AI is generic). She tosses the enemy behind her, and then rolls toward where they're falling.

I wish I could help you on the AI programming, but I'm not very good at that. I'm more of a spriter, you see, so I'll gladly do edits for you, if needed. You can also count on me to test the next build for the game -- I would like to do my best to ensure that it's as flawless as can be.

Also, would you consider a tag team feature? I know the original series did it, and I think that would be pretty cool to have that sort of thing. Beating just one guy up and moving on to the next stage doesn't seem as interesting, but at least there will be a story feature coming soon.
#33  July 19, 2013, 04:46:09 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Well yeah I might be interested in sprite editing! But it will also depend on your free time and your motivation (won't be the same work to make 10 sprites for a simple move and 150 sprites for a "complete" character for instance)
#34  July 20, 2013, 01:09:09 am
Hey what the current status of your project.
#35  July 20, 2013, 11:42:28 am
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Mmh. I can't really give a % but I have all basic characters done + the bosses (Mr.Big and Krauser) as well as few secret characters (Terry Motw, Ryo FFwa, Geese1 and Geese2). Though they all require major fixing.
The stages are all done (but I'd probably update Yuri's because it's empty, I might add bodybuilders).

In fact, for a working 99% version I just need to make storyboards and AI.
#36  July 20, 2013, 07:30:10 pm
Yeah The Story boards and AI.
#37  July 26, 2013, 06:18:13 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Also, would you consider a tag team feature? I know the original series did it

Why would there be a tag team feature when neither AOF or FF had such a thing?

Also, might I suggest you make Yuri wait an extra second after throwing an enemy to the side? She rolls toward where they were thrown, making it easy for her to walk over (while they're still down) and repeat the process (if you time it right). I've been able to beat the entire thing using just her throws, taking only one or two hits in total.

Not Yuri's fault that the CPU can't tech throws.

If this game even has tech throws.
#38  July 28, 2013, 10:39:07 pm
Well yeah I might be interested in sprite editing! But it will also depend on your free time and your motivation (won't be the same work to make 10 sprites for a simple move and 150 sprites for a "complete" character for instance)
I'm usually pretty free, so feel free to ask me in private what you're looking for. I haven't sprited in a long time, but I have enough experience to work with pixel art.
Why would there be a tag team feature when neither AOF or FF had such a thing?
I know The King of Fighters had that feature. And besides, why not give players that kind of option? Only being forced to play as two players aside from the main game can get boring rather quickly. Then again, that is up to the creator.
Not Yuri's fault that the CPU can't tech throws.

If this game even has tech throws.
You mean countering throws, right? If so, then I agree with you. The AI is very sloppy on this one, but we'll hopefully see improvements done soon. If I knew how to code, I'd help get this project done faster.
#39  July 29, 2013, 02:31:18 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:41:03 am by C.A.N
#40  July 29, 2013, 02:49:51 am
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
I won't add tag system to AOFF, sorry. =)

I'll PM you an exemple of what I'd like to see tomorrow. ^^