YesNoOk

Dark flashing effect stays on the other character infinitely after specific move (Read 5212 times)

Started by RandomNameMKII, August 17, 2017, 07:40:03 am
Share this topic:
Dark flashing effect stays on the other character infinitely after specific move
#1  August 17, 2017, 07:40:03 am
    • randomnameMKII@live.com
This is on Rugal Bernstein by Noel and Elphizo with sprite edits by Vergil Kusanagi.  After he does Gigantic Pressure, the wall slam super, your opponent gets this purple flashing poison like effect put on them, which should be very temporary, just a couple seconds really.
http://i.imgur.com/kmRxAnm.png

However the effect lasts on the opponent forever.  Or until the round ends rather.  This is a picture from someone elses video suffering from the same issue.  As you can see Goenitz there has resumed the fight and even his moves are effected by it.  I just wanted to ask what I could modify to fix this, if it's something simple anyway.  I'm no expert on mugen, I've only ever modified some text files really and messed around with fighter factory.

Vergil Kusanagi has it posted on Mugen Archive if you'd like to try to figure it out.

He later released a newer version I believe but it was changed quite a bit visually as far as the idle stance and Rugal's head and face go and I don't like it nearly as much.  I also particularly find this character just really nice, barring this one glitch, if I could just fix it.
Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:43:28 am by RandomNameMKII
Re: Dark flashing effect stays on the other character infinitely after specific move
#2  August 17, 2017, 04:08:51 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You may be able to compare the two character's moves to see the edit that fixed the problem.
But it's obviously a palfx causing the issue.
So use CTRL+D to bring up debug. Watch what state he's in that cause the palfx. AKA Do the move.
take note of the statedef in the bottom left info. Then press CTRL+D one more time to switch to P2's info. (if you go past it, keep pressing it until you're back on P2)
Take note on what statedef P2 is in. It should be a custom state.
In your character, use Fighter Factory 3 to look up the state P2 was in, and look for a PalFX. See what the
time =
is set to. Try editing it to the amount of tics you want.

If you have the updated version, look in those states for P2 and P1 and see what's different.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Dark flashing effect stays on the other character infinitely after specific move
#3  August 18, 2017, 02:05:42 am
Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:05:59 am by RandomNameMKII
#4  August 18, 2017, 08:12:01 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Action ID = anim
and State No = Statedef

So I'd go into my character in Fighter Factory 3 and hit ctrl+F to bring up the search and I'D type,
1321]
and press enter. More than like that'll bring you straight to [statedef 1321]. Searching for 1321 will show ALL calls to 1321, so I add the ] to get to the top of the state.

But check those state no's out for the palfx. If you have questions about what anything does, look up dev help > mugen class. There's a plethora of info.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  August 18, 2017, 09:30:47 am
I found the correct state, though it was in a different state file from that number, that number actually just being the god press data, and not the gigantic pressure hit effects, thankfully however each of the attacks data was actually named and I was able to find them by simply searching the names in the different data files.  The palfx for that was set to -1 which I guess caused it to go on infinitely.  I just removed the minus symbol from each of those instances where that palfx was involved and that fixed it.