YesNoOk

Batman (CvTW) by SeanAltly (commissioned by DavisMaximus) (Read 119270 times)

Started by Sean Altly, May 01, 2015, 10:13:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Batman (CvTW) by SeanAltly (commissioned by DavisMaximus)
#61  May 04, 2015, 05:14:01 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Yeah, I assume there are voice rips from Injustice available.

Download Last Bout now!
#62  May 04, 2015, 05:26:43 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
for the Batarangs you could actually go a Gouken route if you wanted to. the Knightfall move is a great idea.
#63  May 04, 2015, 03:33:42 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! (Extremely dramatic and happy shout)

May i suggest a special intro reference to "Dark Knight Returns" against Superman? :3
#64  May 04, 2015, 03:45:00 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Hell yea good seeing you back on batman sean. I have no doubt this is gonna be epic.
#65  May 04, 2015, 10:16:38 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
charge the batarang...longer charge = more of desired effect. could have them become shock batarangs after a few seconds. this could easily be done visually.
#66  May 04, 2015, 11:49:05 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
we getting freeze a rangs to?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#67  May 05, 2015, 01:44:38 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I was merely giving an example here. there's lots of stuff Sean can do with Batman here.
#68  May 05, 2015, 05:28:05 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Why not have the batarang types switchable on the fly, like with Detective Laural's bullet types?  Normal, explosive, freeze and electrical?  D,D+any button: D,D+LP for normal batarangs, D,D+HP for electric, D,D+LK for freeze and D,D+HK for explosive.  And EX version could be two or three of the selected batarangs.

Or have them set as the UT: UT for normal, D+UT for electric, B+UT for freeze and F+UT for explosive.
Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:36:47 am by The Sudden Rarity
#69  May 05, 2015, 07:45:54 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
that sounds great. for the other level 1 I suggest something like this...

Batman jumps out of the way of a rampant Joker who tries to hit him with a crowbar. Joker hits the opponent instead but after a few hits realizes he isn't hitting Batman. He turns around, sees Batman and runs away laughing...Batman says "I'll deal with you later!"

just an idea. however I'm not sure if Conroy had any clips from TAS or otherwise saying that. I'm sure you can find some Mark Hamill Joker audio bits around the interwebs.
#70  May 09, 2015, 06:15:20 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the movelist. Went the Gouken route with the Batarangs. Added Smoke Bombs.

Spritewise, I'm halfway through the gethits, soon he'll be an effective punching bag.

Why not have the batarang types switchable on the fly, like with Detective Laural's bullet types?  Normal, explosive, freeze and electrical?  D,D+any button: D,D+LP for normal batarangs, D,D+HP for electric, D,D+LK for freeze and D,D+HK for explosive.  And EX version could be two or three of the selected batarangs.

Or have them set as the UT: UT for normal, D+UT for electric, B+UT for freeze and F+UT for explosive.

Of these two suggestions, I lean more towards the first idea. Any other opinions on this, guys? He could have a little batarang image above the super bar, it would be black for normal, red for explosive, yellow for electricity, and blue for freezing.

Download Last Bout now!
#71  May 09, 2015, 06:29:03 am
I'd go with the second suggestion and put the current UT idea on d,d+P. It would feel more distinct from Laurel that way.
#72  May 09, 2015, 07:27:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Since he already has a paralysis type move (Smoke Bomb), having freeze batarangs kinda seems like it would be gilding the lily. Having just the normal and electric ones seems the best balance between giving multiple batarang types without going overboard.
#73  May 09, 2015, 08:50:23 am
I actually agree, upon rereading the movelist electrified for an EX is sufficient.
#74  May 09, 2015, 10:03:57 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
if you're going the Gouken route I can try to find some charging sounds. kind of like a defibrillator
#75  May 09, 2015, 07:02:21 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Shouldn't the aerial flying kick just be D+K?

For electricified batarang (EX batarang) it should hit combo 2-3 times.

And for a level 1, why not a combo, like when you face the armored baddies in the Arkham series where you have to cape stun them then you rapidly press the attack button ending with the shield stun move where he runs up their shield (their body, in this case), jumping into the air and ending with a two fisted hammer slamming them into the ground?
#76  May 10, 2015, 04:02:11 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
that actually sounds epic..especially if you end with the KO sound from the games.
#77  May 10, 2015, 06:09:31 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
That bone cracking finish sound effect would indeed be beyond awesome.
#78  May 10, 2015, 07:39:11 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
the only thing I have to say about that though is that sound wouldn't match the rest of the hitsounds unless Sean plans on re-iterating all of the hitsounds which would be a hassle. personally it'd be awesome to have some more bone crunching sounds like Street fighter/Injustice/Mortal Kombat
#79  May 10, 2015, 08:04:34 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Not sure how opposed you'd be to this slight suggestion, but if he did have alternate weapons/batarangs what if you made the icons resemble the old NES Batman as a tiny little tribute? Also if you did need any Injustice type moves, you could probably also get a fair bit of reference from those old Batman Forever sprites.

Will you be giving him any sort of teleport? He could toss a smoke grenade and then have the usual 3 types most games have with a close, far or overhead teleport. Even something like Kung Lao's teleports where upon execution he can have various options coming out of it. Anyhow glad to hear about some more stuff from you Sean, always a pleasure.
#80  May 10, 2015, 10:35:49 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Didn't really plan on a teleport since Knightfall moves him around the screen pretty well, as well as his air dash.

I'm taking all ideas into consideration, in case anyone feels ignored. I'm having more fun than I thought I would making him.

Updated first post with brief descriptions of his planned normals.

Finished his gethit animations. Next up, I'll work on his guard anims and run/back dash.

Download Last Bout now!