YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2849450 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: DO NOT SPOIL movies that were just released.
#1941  May 04, 2015, 09:03:53 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
what
#1942  May 04, 2015, 09:11:45 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
That Artwork really  making me happy right now!!!!
But Whats all that for Rape joke appeared to be just a joke and again Black widow's scene is made a huge issue when i dont think it is!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1943  May 04, 2015, 09:16:05 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
They feel the need to be offended by everything.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#1944  May 04, 2015, 09:39:30 pm
lol they turned on him.
it's sad really. i like him.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#1945  May 04, 2015, 09:42:04 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I can't thick of a clearer case of "biting the hand that feeds you" in recent memory
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1946  May 04, 2015, 10:13:09 pm
  • SNK is life
It may have ABSOLUTELY gone over my head. What's the Rape Joke in the movie? :S

Edit: NEVER MIND, PRIMA NOCTA, GOT IT. Also, Google "mewling quim avengers" to see what was the "sexist" joke Joss Whedon managed to sneak into the first Avengers movie :sombrero:
Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:21:32 pm by walt
#1947  May 05, 2015, 12:27:26 am
Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:53:37 am by Titiln
#1948  May 05, 2015, 01:10:23 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Ha ha ha!
The whole neutering talk felt awkward, and figured it'd rub some people the wrong way, but I never imagined that would be enough to destroy Whedon's feminist cred instantaneously. I mean, there was hardly any outrage when he called Widow an archaic cunt in the last movie.
#1949  May 05, 2015, 01:12:27 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I thought it made sense in the context, Banner had just told her he cant have kids, she is showing him that she cant as well. They stripped her of all they could to turn her into a killing machine.
#1950  May 05, 2015, 01:22:48 am
Sure it totally did, but the actual wording is what makes it sound off. She insists one line too many, and right after that comes the "it made it easier" comment that was taken as slut-shaming. It's like you were expecting her to keep going and draw him a picture. It made sense in context to say it, but it was at the limit of being a bit too much. Compared to Banner, he said it in two lines and that's because it was a big thing to admit. She was just hammering it twice as much as him.
I myself don't have anything against the scene, mind you, but I can easily see why it could feel uncomfortable.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEMbl-pWIAAy2f7.png:large
Oh... I don't get the "made Wanda a Nazi sympathizer" comment (probably a moron who didn't understand they were abducted, tortured, and pretty much brainwashed - but then again that's only clear because of the mid-credit scene of that previous movie where they were in a cage), but the comment on "the idea that women who can't bear children are monsters" actually is totally valid, since it's the entire point for the whole cast, that they're all monsters - and that's what Widow brings forward as her example. Good point...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:32:45 am by DKDC
#1951  May 05, 2015, 01:29:04 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I know it makes sense in the context of the movie, "you're not alone/I'm aware we can't have a 'normal' relationship, but.../I've gone through nasty dehumanizing shit too" but it still feels awkward. If you were sitting in the movie theater and a couple in the back row had the same convo, it'd feel awkward too. I suppose that makes it a good scene.
#1952  May 05, 2015, 01:42:50 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Well she was "raped" body and soul, they broke her and reformed her to a point where shes a killer with nothing to look forward to. It felt painful for her to admit the extent of what they did to her.  I can understand it being an awkward point of comparison but the sterilization is just the last step of all the things that were done to her.  I dunno if the mcu version also has genetic alterations done but in the comics she had several.

https://storify.com/Astojap/wehdon-twitter-hate

Bea

#1953  May 05, 2015, 02:48:58 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I am yet to see the film (bloody lack of 2D screenings), but yeah, as someone who can't get pregnant at all, from all that is being described, that scene will feel REALLY uncomfortable to watch.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1954  May 05, 2015, 03:21:42 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Oh... I don't get the "made Wanda a Nazi sympathizer" comment (probably a moron who didn't understand they were abducted, tortured, and pretty much brainwashed - but then again that's only clear because of the mid-credit scene of that previous movie where they were in a cage), but the comment on "the idea that women who can't bear children are monsters" actually is totally valid, since it's the entire point for the whole cast, that they're all monsters - and that's what Widow brings forward as her example. Good point...

Well if I can take the other perspective, I think that Whedon had the right idea but may have flubbed it up and this is me not seeing the movie. For females, I can easily see that if you choose to have kids or not is a big decision. So to not have that decision at all can easily...well be like a massive hit to the stomach.
You will never get the choice at all and some people can easily take it the wrong way on top of that since abnormal can easily make you seem inhuman to some.

So I can see why Black Widow would see herself as a monster because some people would see themselves like that just being abnormal. But I can see others who have the same thing not liking the fact that it can be taken to them being seen as monsters.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1955  May 05, 2015, 11:35:19 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1956  May 05, 2015, 11:42:50 am
[...]
Yeah, it's a weird situation because on one hand, you have the arc that everyone thinks they are a monster, and on the other hand, you have that particular discussion with Banner revealing he can't have kids and Romanoff responding to that. I suppose her line should have been more something like "it's *just one of the things* they did *when* they made me into a weapon, a monster", rather than skipping and saying "I can't have kids, it made it easier to be a monster". It would also have blunted the slut-shaming subtext.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1957  May 05, 2015, 11:54:11 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
do SJW have to ruin everything? I mean are you really that bored with your life. God some of those comments were ridiculuous. "movie ruined my life" are you fucken serious. Its coz of stupid internet shit like this that I feel Ultron was right.

SNT

#1958  May 05, 2015, 12:25:07 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Joss Whedon made his bed, now he gets to lie in it.
#1959  May 05, 2015, 01:01:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
My doctor told me to cut on my sodium intake but twitter keeps being salty over everything.
#1960  May 05, 2015, 05:53:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:37:22 pm by Bastard Mami