YesNoOk

PROJECT ARC 2D SPRITE ARTIST NEEDEDFOR 2D FIGHTING GAME (Read 9558 times)

Started by LegendaryRyu, October 12, 2013, 05:13:53 pm
Share this topic:
PROJECT ARC 2D SPRITE ARTIST NEEDEDFOR 2D FIGHTING GAME
#1  October 12, 2013, 05:13:53 pm
    • USA
    • respecstudios@yahoo.com
Greetings everyone in the MUGEN community. My name is Chris, I'm the Leader and character design developer for a group of dedicated people whom are all in the process of designing a 2D fighting game for the PC, and eventually/hopefully for the consoles. We are incredibly dedicated FGC(fighting game community) members and inspired by games like the Marvel vs. Capcom series, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear series, Persona 4, Skullgirls, and more, we launched forward to make our own unique and enthralling addition to the video gaming world. We meet on voice chats weekly, have an investor, and so far an amazing story that is unlike most we've seen. We have almost 35 complete character concepts and are aiming for 50+ with further DLCs(downloadable content). Working on level design, sprites, and more.

But here's the thing, we sprite design/animators,  who are similarly dedicated and skilled in making a great fighting game, which will find a huge following in this ever-growing niche of video gaming. We will be setting up a Kickstarter, Facebook, and other social sites soon. If you are interested, please leave me a message at this email For more info if your interested .

Chris0flournoy@yahoo.com

Here is some of our old concepts that will be in the game 
http://openpalmproductions.wix.com/projectarc
Further posts to follow. =)
Re: PROJECT ARC 2D SPRITE ARTIST NEEDEDFOR 2D FIGHTING GAME
#2  October 13, 2013, 03:52:14 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Is there any sprite work that you have done yet?? I am interested in seeing somethings that will be "in game". Great character concepts though.

#3  October 13, 2013, 04:03:23 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
^ Pretty much this

Also: Hows the game gonna work? what'll the mechanics be, what spriting style will you (& your team) be going for, what will the storyline consist of, ect?
#4  October 13, 2013, 05:13:28 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Hope there is more than just "that" concept art. So far I have run into too many of these kinds of projects where the creator had no concept of moves and game play for each character. but I might be interested.
#5  October 13, 2013, 12:39:58 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
If you REALLY want to hype people at joining your team, you should show at least those sprites, so people can decide to help or not. Just saying...Imagine someone is skilled with KoF style and likes this project, but the graphics are CPS3(for saying something). That interested spriter then have to go, since it's not the style he matches to.

Show something here, not just in skype.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6  October 13, 2013, 07:42:45 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Taking your work? You do know this is a mugen community that does use artwork from companies? We learn the style of artwork or make our own style. If you're worried about your "concepts" being taken then i dont know if this is the place for you not to sound mean.

I can easily look at your concepts and know what characteristics they where taken from being an artist and gamer myself and im sure many others here as well. I have to agree with the whole sprite style thing, being there are many ways to sprite and the project needs to stay with the same style so we need that sample sprite.

If you dont want things to be taking then get one of your artist to sprite a known character to see the sprite style... If they can sprite that is.
Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:03:40 pm by F. James Fernandez
#7  October 13, 2013, 08:05:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
if its not for mugen i will move it to fighting games. this part of the forum is for mugen projects.
#8  October 14, 2013, 12:18:28 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
sicne you have a sponsor do you plan to pay the spriters or what ?
#9  October 14, 2013, 01:46:03 am
    • USA
Equally? Hmm, that's kinda hard. Different fields have different payment, you can't expect somebody in charge of something to get paid the same as somebody else with an easier job. You should arrange the payment for everybody before even starting with this. Furthermore, if a spriter is going to work in a game he may as well contact somebody who can already pay him for the work instead of taking such risk and end up with no money at all. What would stop your team from end up using his sprites later for a commercial game and not pay anybody for their effort since there was no contract signed in to begin with?
#10  October 14, 2013, 05:50:54 am
well honestly the people that deciedes to help us here is just going 2 to b coloring the sprites the fact i offer equal shares instead of paying my lead artist most of it should be a good thing now can i please ask can you guys only post in this if you are interested and not trying to criticize please? 

Dude, your in the wrong place to be asking people not to ask you questions, suggest things, etc. If you don't want that, again you might want to find another place to hype/advertize/recruit for your "project."

This is an open forum. So far you haven't provided anything other than "I want to keep things private." Where this community is all about sharing. Plus when people give you suggestions to help you out, you tell them not to. Not a very good start if your trying to get someone to come on board for a project. If they can't even feel comfortable asking you a question or giving you a suggestion before they even "sign on" how is it going to be if they actually do?
#11  October 14, 2013, 01:11:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
legendary ryu why have you deleted all your posts from this? you are making your project look hella umprofessional man.
#12  October 14, 2013, 01:34:49 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
intresting , we both are into ARC system works sprites, but isn't there to approch the campony themselfs with the help of Kickstarters ? I'm thinking of doing so in the future
#13  October 14, 2013, 01:44:19 pm
    • Germany
legendary ryu why have you deleted all your posts from this? you are making your project look hella umprrofessional man.

It's interesting that the conceptside is down, maybe it is a coincidence or maybe not.
#14  October 14, 2013, 01:47:35 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
"We have almost 35 complete character concepts and are aiming for 50+ with further DLCs(downloadable content)"

A new 2D fighting game ..with one investor and kickstarter plans with 50+ characters.

Yeah, that sounds realistic to me.
#15  October 14, 2013, 05:48:09 pm
    • USA
Hey sorry if my previous post triggered anything in particular Legendary Ryu but you must understand that I was looking it from the point of view of a spriter who would need to sprite completely original characters in HD for a project he wont even know if he'll get paid for or not. I didn't want to mention how unprofessional the whole thing looked like so far (Thread's title in CAPS, young people's grammar, deflection of any kind of feedback, not showing anything unless somebody wants to work with you, payment not guaranteed) but I guess the deletion of every single post from you in this thread kinda proves this even further as Iced said.
#16  October 19, 2013, 06:33:21 am
  • Twin Warrior of the Fire of Power
    • Puerto Rico
    • Skype - greatdragonad@hotmail.com
Yeah, its been a long time since I've been to this forum so first of all I like to say that is nice to be back. Now then, Legendary Ryu came here to informe everyone on his project and hoping to find people interested in taking part of it because I was the one who suggested him to come here. I agree with all of you that this is a place where people would show and share their works but everyone also have the choice whether to show it publicly or not for various reasons. Legendary Ryu also made a bad start here but I'm doing my best in helping him out since I'm also part of this project as a promoter. I already saw some concept art on the project that their Art Director, Memopad (who is also an artist friend that I worked with and who introduced me to the project), drew for some of the characters although I haven't seen any sprites yet but he is also will be working on those too. Basically, he can't do all the sprite work by himself hence why we need more sprite artists to help him out, at least to do the clean-up.

Of course, this is not paid work for now but we do plan to make a kickstarter campaign once we made a certain amount of work on the project. And once the game is done, we will sell the final product and anyone who was part of the project will have shares from the profits. Again, he only visited here hoping there would be anyone showing interest on the project because I brought him for said possibility. I still understand that some of you have doubt on this because of how skeptical it looked after Legendary posted here and I'm not against everyone's opinion. But if you do have some interest on, just contact him through his email address and he will give you all the information that you need on it. I apologize for any inconvenience that may happened during this thread but I thank you all for taking the time to share your comments on this.
PUERTORICAN POWER!!!
...'nuff said
#17  October 19, 2013, 09:58:38 am
This doesn't look promising... unless you show some real progress instead those concepts.

#18  October 19, 2013, 10:23:38 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
In short: a bunch of kids who just want people to do their characters.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#19  October 19, 2013, 10:30:06 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ this.
#20  October 19, 2013, 11:50:29 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Saying that you will only give information to people that ask about it privately after the display that was given here before doesnt inspire trust at all.

To present a project that you are willing others participate in you need to give those others a reason to be interested, that is, showing them you are able to produce work and content beyond the idea of a game. As you must know coming up with characters concepts is something any spriter also can do on their own and then go on to kickstarter to push their project, difference being they can already deliver on their side.

I still dont understand what reason were there for the deleted posts.