YesNoOk

Courage the Cowardly Dog (95% beta) (Read 10865 times)

Started by WlanmaniaX, May 15, 2018, 11:57:30 am
Share this topic:
Courage the Cowardly Dog (95% beta)
#1  May 15, 2018, 11:57:30 am
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • NOW IT'S MY TURN!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
It took me a hard distance to finish some materials from my newest creation. So for this day, I have DONE editing from him.

So I present to you for my newest character....

COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG!!

Video:

Download Link:

95% (BETA!)

Though he will be another decent-looking Cartoon Network character ever made, besides the Powerpuff Girls, Gumball and Chowder being out. If you tested him, please send a positive feedback after you see any problems from him.
Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:54:55 pm by WlanmaniaX
Re: Courage the Cowardly Dog (95% beta)
#2  May 15, 2018, 03:13:56 pm
  • HUMAN WEAPON DEAD FOX
    • Mexico
I have to admit, this one looks pretty cool, I've just got hit by the nostalgia train by the way.
#3  May 15, 2018, 03:16:56 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Nice!  Loved this cartoon

Initial Feedback:
-Medium Punch is State 220 (typically strong punch), and Strong Punch is State 210 (typically Medium Punch)???
-Seems to be the same issue with Jumping normals ^^^^^
-Strong Punch (bat attack) should have a taller hitbox.  He seems to swing in a downward motion (not a sweeping motion), it looks odd missing Jailbot :)
-There is no jumping light punch.  I think it would be OK to just duplicate the jumping light kick as a placeholder for now.
-The whistle sound effect should play sooner (plays when using weapons that fly away).  It has a delay that doesn't look/sound right.
-The rolling pin attack makes the enemy fall forwards instead of backwards, which doesn't look correct.
-I don't think the lifebars should be hidden when he does the Screaming super move, I would like to see the opponent's life draining away.

Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:38:12 pm by altoiddealer
#4  May 15, 2018, 03:32:41 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
From the fact the readme states that new specials and hypers will be added in the full version, I think 60% complete would be a more accurate gauge.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#5  May 15, 2018, 09:55:56 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • NOW IT'S MY TURN!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
Nice!  Loved this cartoon

Initial Feedback:
-Medium Punch is State 220 (typically strong punch), and Strong Punch is State 210 (typically Medium Punch)???
-Seems to be the same issue with Jumping normals ^^^^^
-Strong Punch (bat attack) should have a taller hitbox.  He seems to swing in a downward motion (not a sweeping motion), it looks odd missing Jailbot :)
-There is no jumping light punch.  I think it would be OK to just duplicate the jumping light kick as a placeholder for now.
-The whistle sound effect should play sooner (plays when using weapons that fly away).  It has a delay that doesn't look/sound right.
-The rolling pin attack makes the enemy fall forwards instead of backwards, which doesn't look correct.
-I don't think the lifebars should be hidden when he does the Screaming super move, I would like to see the opponent's life draining away.

Yeah, same here! It's still one of the best Cartoon Cartoons of the early 2000's, alongside Ed, Edd n' Eddy!

Thanks for your feedback, guys! I just want to let you that I've updated Courage. Thanks to jenngra505 with the encouragement.

Go and see at the topic that I've added!
#6  May 16, 2018, 12:15:36 am
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
It was a bit more than encouragement, I sent him modified files with most of the fixes in this patch. (The fixes were rather easy to do IMO)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:21:08 am by jenngra505
#7  May 24, 2018, 09:20:59 pm
    • UK
Stupid Dog, You make me look bad