YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18076986 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#1821  June 14, 2018, 06:54:24 am
  • Was it something I said?
That was a fun episode. I kind of wish they made Dr. Fate's voice echo like they did in Injustice 2, but Dr. Strange's voice, I'd say, was pretty close to what he would sound like.

I honestly hope they don't use Kazuya's Devil form to compare to Jin's own Devil, since he couldn't really control it that much until 6-7, I'd say? (I kind of forgot about Tekken 6). The only thing I remember was him taking out that Also, if we are going for Ryu vs Scorpion territory, then Ryu also has the Power of Nothingness at his side as well.
#1822  June 14, 2018, 08:13:29 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Watch them use the Blood Vengeance movie stuff as reference as well.
#1823  June 17, 2018, 11:05:24 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
OMM
#1824  June 18, 2018, 05:36:41 am
    • UK
    Ok for those who wanna know what jin's capable of, i'll run down a few things he can and have done throughout the main title tekken titles (story, in game, etc)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now in terms of scaling....Jin is literally at the top of tekken next to lars who he stalemated with (a man who literally defeated almost all of the cast and henchmen in T6), He's beaten kazuya and heihachi simultaneously(both have stalemated with akuma and survived raging demons. with kazuya fighting shin akuma in the bonus stage of tekken 7)

Since Udon street fighter comics are non canon, Ryu currently hasn't managed to defeat shin akuma or base akuma in any main title.

however if we were to add non canon feats to both of them( asuras wrath, blood vengeance and TTT2) Jin's feats still outweigh ryu's... as ryu got his shit rocked by asura and base akuma

I'm going for jin
#1825  June 18, 2018, 08:34:53 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Canon is questionable when it comes to Death Battle.  They take on main storyline, then just add everything they pick and choose on top of that, regardless of canon.  Chances are, like all the previous Street Fighter matches, the comics will be taken into account.

Where it may matter most is Akuma's relationship to the Tekken franchise.  If they include Asura's Wrath, then Akuma is a planet-buster, despite other sources not placing him that high (Though I guess MvC:I did make a big deal out of the Satsui no Hado being stronger than Marvel's Death, so eh?  Sort of a no-limits fallacy?) and I'm presuming Akuma's time in Tekken didn't involve him doing anything to that degree.  If we're taking the Akuma that showed up in Asura's Wrath and say it's the same one that showed in Tekken, then they surely downplay his power, while Ryu's dealt with him at his fullest.

So from your breakdown, it sounds Jin powered up is less durable than Evil Ryu, has an elemental control greater than Ryu's but with little impact considering everyone in SF deals with being burned, electrocuted and whatnot and are fine, and can fly which gives him better ground control than Ryu.  I'm gonna say Ryu still takes this at the Evil Ryu state.  Going beyond that with the Power of Nothing is going to be overkill.  Speed's still a overly-relied stat in Death Battle outcomes, and Ryu's still at his base faster than point-blank gunshots.
#1826  June 20, 2018, 09:50:42 pm
    • UK
you're right on them most likely picking and choosing what canon and feats they like, but lately for game characters, they tend to breakdown a lot of game cutscenes and scaling for proper stats. also bullet timing is pretty common in tekken as heihachi(who jin is no doubt stronger than) could even catch bullets between his teeth

In the sense of canon durability, Jin managed to get up from being beaten down to a pulp by tekken force , drugged and played with by devil while unconscious in the 4th game. and has survived the explosion that sent him flying miles and buried in sand during landing after a long fight with lars

Kazama's blood that nullifies the devil gene wont let something like the raging demon or power of nothingness kill him

it'd essentially come down to raw speed and power when it comes to the victor here... if they include scaling with akuma in tekken 7, then jin wins.
on the other hand, ryu wins if they count the non canon crossovers like asuras wrath and MVCI

fun note: Street fighter may be one of the few fighting games in which the characters both get stronger and then weaker for plot(ryu didn't really use the power of nothingness on urien, gill or akuma in SF3 now)
#1827  June 20, 2018, 11:46:18 pm
Limit Break: Showdown
#1828  June 21, 2018, 12:06:22 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Kung Fu Man

#1829  June 21, 2018, 03:36:53 am
    • USA
Ugh, that title is as bad a pun as yours.  Good job, Screw Attack.

I'm of the mindset that if they're going to use the footage of something, they're counting it to the total amalgamation that their interpretation of the character is.  And they've counted Marvel vs Capcom for Ryu before.  Chances are they'll look into MvC up to Infinite and Asura's Wrath here too.  They probably even did look into Asura's Wrath with the Ryu/Scorpion match previously, just it doesn't offer anything to help in that specific case.
#1830  June 23, 2018, 11:38:10 pm
DBX
#1831  June 27, 2018, 11:45:50 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Suave Dude

#1832  June 27, 2018, 11:49:40 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
These puns are dad joke quality......
#1833  June 28, 2018, 12:30:29 am
Thor Rematch with WW
#1834  June 28, 2018, 11:42:47 pm
double post to post this new MR
#1835  June 29, 2018, 10:23:22 am
that's actually amazing.
#1836  June 30, 2018, 11:24:30 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

UH OH

Whoever wins, there will be blood

Fangirl blood
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1837  July 01, 2018, 12:28:43 am
    • USA
Is there really?  The fangirl-ing of both of them died ages ago as far as I've seen.  And they're trying to predict a character based on an appearance that hasn't even come out yet.  Even for those who get really involved in these less logical matches that are supposed to be just for fun can see this isn't really accurate or trying to be.  It would be nice if the animator abided by their own rules though.  It's one minute, don't drag it past that after one side won to suddenly flip it for shock value.

And yeah, just for my two cents, Riku probably would destroy Sasuke, just via scaling to Sora in KHII, but for this case who cares?  I'm just curious who bothered to make a spriteset for KHIII Riku before the game even comes out to get a better overall view of what he does to represent him best.

Annnnnd never mind that last bit, just realized it's an edited Noctis.  Well, I feel silly, now.
Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:32:36 am by Long John Killer
#1838  July 01, 2018, 02:17:28 am
kingdom hearts has fans? i know naruto has some but they're usually 20+ years old black guys.
#1839  July 04, 2018, 07:31:02 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
It's out

#1840  July 04, 2018, 08:22:58 pm
    • USA
That was another good 3D animation.  It's a shame they can't do those more often, I would have liked Strange vs Fate to be like that.  Though I don't get what the deal was with the underground World Tree, was that some Tekken homage?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So continuing the fan request trend this season, huh?  Samurai Jack versus Afro Samurai.  I mean, I kinda get why people request it, both are western attempts at a very deeply eastern concept that were hugely popular for a time, one being kid-friendly (to a degree, and then there's the Adult Swim season of course) and the other incredibly mature.  But, like, doesn't Jack vastly outclass Afro Samurai?

Ok, I'm not really well versed in Afro Samurai, but his series takes place in feudal Japan.  Jack's far into the future, and deals with those massively technologically advanced threats as fodder.  If for example Afro has any feats outspeeding a rifle from early Japan, Jack's effortlessly deflected machine gun rounds, lasers, heck, he's roundhouse kicked multiple missiles back to sender.  The only caveat I can see is if Afro is considered a good guy, will Jack's holy sword not be able to damage him?

Also, now that I think of it, is this two 3D matches in a row?  I'm aware Jack has some sprites available, if stiff as hell and either out-of-place really hi-res or else those terrible phone game ones, but I don't think Afro has anything?  But they do have a handful of 3D models available.
Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 08:38:53 pm by Long John Killer