YesNoOk

Do you have this great urge of wanting to 2D-fy SFV and KOF14? (Read 7630 times)

Started by rgveda99, September 22, 2016, 03:43:51 am
Do you have this great urge of wanting to 2D-fy SFV and KOF14?
#1  September 22, 2016, 03:43:51 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I do because 2D for me has more soul.

And if so what style do you think is the best for both?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Re: Do you have this great urge of wanting to 2D-fy SFV and KOF14?
#2  November 09, 2016, 09:59:37 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Are you seeking help in making the sprites or just a direction?
Either way, you can either commission someone, or do it yourself. Personally, i am a complete sucker for SF3 stuff, but i do respect that those sprites are hard as balls to make. I'd suggest something like CVS or SF Alpha, as not only do you have more references for the styles, but some SFV moves have already been made (Ryu for example has his Metsu Shoryuken in Alpha style, and his SFV HK in CVS)
Idk what you intend to do, but good luck regardless dude :D
#3  November 10, 2016, 03:29:39 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Are you seeking help in making the sprites or just a direction?
Either way, you can either commission someone, or do it yourself. Personally, i am a complete sucker for SF3 stuff, but i do respect that those sprites are hard as balls to make. I'd suggest something like CVS or SF Alpha, as not only do you have more references for the styles, but some SFV moves have already been made (Ryu for example has his Metsu Shoryuken in Alpha style, and his SFV HK in CVS)
Idk what you intend to do, but good luck regardless dude :D

Planning to commission a team of spriters but its gonna take a lot of cash. So this is going to be possibly a 10 to 15 year investment plan.

I was thinking of Felo Loop's ink style but I haven't seen the KOF characters in those style.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4  November 10, 2016, 03:46:37 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
IDK if it means anything, but SNK gave a reason why KOF is not sprite based anymore.  Basically their style of sprites for XII and XIII were too expensive and time consuming for such a small company, and that aside they couldn't find enough artists with experience and skill who could also keep up with the work schedule for the game's development.
#5  November 12, 2016, 03:50:01 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Planning to commission a team of spriters but its gonna take a lot of cash. So this is going to be possibly a 10 to 15 year investment plan.

I was thinking of Felo Loop's ink style but I haven't seen the KOF characters in those style.
Only single sprites in that style exist as far as i know
#6  November 12, 2016, 10:14:57 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Felo Loop

Llop, not loop :p

I was through something promising before the last HD crash. I've got to remember to SAVE stuff.

And yes, by the moment they're single sprites, as Yoshin said. Totally booked with "Ages of Street Fighter"(my DA tribute in ink style. You can see them at my Horror Circus topic in Graphics subforum)
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:02:13 pm by FeLo_Llop
#7  October 15, 2017, 06:58:07 pm
    • USA
Playing 2D games was always fun as hell.especially KOF and SF games.So I think a 2D remake of both games will be a great idea.
And soo much fun to play with, since there are no more games like that.
Fighting::::Skills:::::::Beast
#8  October 15, 2017, 07:40:19 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I would rather make a new fullgame instead of a 2d recreation to tell the truth.
#9  October 22, 2017, 01:03:48 pm
    • USA
I would rather make a new fullgame instead of a 2d recreation to tell the truth.
You maybe right but don't you think that a fullgame idea is more challenging then just editing some old 2D sprites into new ones.
I mean think of it.People love 2D sprites especially when the old ones are edited to new.Like rgveda99 im a huge fan of 2D sprites too.
And one more thing, we all growed up playing these 2D games.
#10  October 22, 2017, 04:36:12 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Mugen is for creativity I would say,2d recreation feels wrong,don't get me wrong,,you can make a char that keeps its original essence and still do different gameplay mechanics and shit,but %100 accurate about everything never feels right cause there will be no point in doing it while you can just go and play original one.I need to see fans surpass actual companies or at least try sth that is fun and creative,not my fault If you guys lack Imagination
Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:42:18 pm by mete122
#11  October 27, 2017, 07:56:03 pm
    • USA
Mugen is for creativity I would say,2d recreation feels wrong,don't get me wrong,,you can make a char that keeps its original essence and still do different gameplay mechanics and shit,but %100 accurate about everything never feels right cause there will be no point in doing it while you can just go and play original one.I need to see fans surpass actual companies or at least try sth that is fun and creative,not my fault If you guys lack Imagination

Lack Imagination.Yeah right.The only person here without imagination is you.I mean come'on bro this is Mugen site especially for mugen.
Every idea is accepted.And next time, don't shit talk
#12  October 31, 2017, 04:42:57 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Planning to commission a team of spriters but its gonna take a lot of cash.

I think about SFV in SF3 style all the time! I have a serious plan for this to be a reality if the price is right.  ;)