YesNoOk

DragonBall Kai M.U.G.E.N. Edition (Read 55787 times)

Started by Ichiron47, May 11, 2009, 03:58:04 am
Share this topic:
DragonBall Kai M.U.G.E.N. Edition
#1  May 11, 2009, 03:58:04 am
Since the new and revised series of DBZ has been released, I thought I would create a game out of it. I'm currently trying to make a beta of this with more characters, stages, and songs from the nintendo DS game "DragonBall Kai Saiyajin Raishuu".
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Download Link
Trailer
When the series reach to the Frieza saga or atleast get to the episode where Gohan, Krilin, and Bulma lands on Planet Namek, I'll release part 2 of the game.
Re: DragonBall Kai M.U.G.E.N. Edition
#2  May 11, 2009, 04:05:51 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Are those your characters, or did someone make them?
#3  May 11, 2009, 04:13:34 am
#4  May 11, 2009, 04:17:23 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Let's think for a second here...  It's pretty easy if you do your homework.

I'll leave the analysis to you.
#5  May 11, 2009, 04:31:53 am
#6  May 11, 2009, 04:45:07 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
You're new here, so I'll let you down easy this once.  This isn't a release.  This is a compilation of other people's characters, which we frown heavily upon here at Guild.  You've admitted as such yourself.

I would suggest moving your topic to the Dump ASAP.
#7  May 11, 2009, 04:52:06 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
The fact that this contains Flowagirl/Necromancer's Broly is enough to convince me you didn't get permission to use anything in this.

*sigh* seriously, when the fuck are these compilations going to stop?
#8  May 11, 2009, 04:52:22 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
And even though this turned out to be a compilation, this shouldn't stop you from doing the screenpack.
With a few adjustments, it could be a decent screenpack!

#9  May 11, 2009, 05:09:25 am
The fact that this contains Flowagirl/Necromancer's Broly is enough to convince me you didn't get permission to use anything in this.

What???? Broly isn't in this game. o_o
#10  May 11, 2009, 05:22:03 am

True.

But reguardless of whether or not he was in a game, he is still work made by another author and featured without consent. That's not very cool as all..

I do agree that you shouldn't let this discourage you are making screenpacks in general. Just respect other peoples work if your gunna release publically.

-"aPoC."
#11  May 11, 2009, 05:29:19 am

True.

But reguardless of whether or not he was in a game, he is still work made by another author and featured without consent. That's not very cool as all..

I do agree that you shouldn't let this discourage you are making screenpacks in general. Just respect other peoples work if your gunna release publically.

-"aPoC."
I am. I'm not stupid enough to pick a character and claim that it is mines. In the Edit & Add ons, I posted "Super Saiyan Toshiro Hitsugaya" and said that to give MOST credit to Storm EX/Isaiah since he was the one who made him. All I did was edit and replace sprites, so I can't really claim that it's mine.
#12  May 11, 2009, 05:55:23 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Bah, I meant Piccolo but whatever. Fact is Necromancer's stuff isn't open source and I doubt permission was obtained to use him in this.
#13  May 11, 2009, 06:13:08 am
Bah, I meant Piccolo but whatever. Fact is Necromancer's stuff isn't open source and I doubt permission was obtained to use him in this.
Oh...I guess I was so excited to create this game that I haven't done that. Sorry for making you and some people angry. I don't exactly understand the rules here in Mugen guilds and I'll try my best to give MORE credit to the original creator in such or ask the person to use their creations for open source. So I'm sorry...It'll never happen again. (i hope....)
#14  May 11, 2009, 06:20:10 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It's a compilation. It can approach being good but never get there. There's a mathematical term for it that I can't remember at all atm.
#15  May 11, 2009, 06:35:13 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#16  May 11, 2009, 06:44:07 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Exponential might be it.

EDIT: Nope.
#17  May 11, 2009, 06:54:59 am
#18  May 11, 2009, 07:00:09 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#19  May 11, 2009, 07:03:43 am
  • *ahem*...Gentlemen
    • www.samouczek.com
Dude make your own characters instead. The Full Game is about adding your own characters and stages more than 1 (For example Ryu, Akuma, Ken etc.). But adding someone else chars into your own Mugen it's not a full game but a compilation.

P.S How come Ichigo Toshiro and Inuyasha are in SSJ? They're humans and only one who can transform into Super Saiyan are Saiyans. --;
Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:38:45 am by Dink Smallwood
#20  May 11, 2009, 07:16:16 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
#21  May 11, 2009, 07:24:09 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Exponential might be it.

EDIT: Nope.

The idea you're conveying is similar though: A function that never touches the X or Y axis on a cartesian plane.

Actually isn't that a hyperbola?

What? You lost me. :S

The idea that it can approach good but never get there, a behavior shown by the exponential function:

In this example where as x increases, y decreases and approaches 0, but never reaches 0.

Also yeah we're going WAY off topic here.
#22  May 11, 2009, 08:23:29 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
Asymptote is the term you're looking for.

Also, what is the red bar at the top of the screenshot for?
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#23  May 11, 2009, 10:33:03 am
Hi. What problem do you have with just releasing the screenpack alone instead of adding characters made by other people, something which is considered pretty rude to them when you don't ask them first. If you made the screenpack, why not just release that and save yourself a lot of trouble.
Release your own work, not what other people did.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  May 11, 2009, 02:14:55 pm
  • the cuteness of my avatar can kill you!!!!!
    • www.esnips.com/profile/d6a221e4-a13d-42c1-a38e-b477f61d0327
even if this is his first time........hello!!!!!!........everyone knows that people should follow rules and instructions!!!!!.............this guy needs to see the rules then.........

this should be in the edits section my friend.......
#25  May 11, 2009, 02:50:35 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
I is disappointed

I was expecting High Def (1020px) mugen
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#26  May 11, 2009, 03:34:26 pm
even if this is his first time........hello!!!!!!........everyone knows that people should follow rules and instructions!!!!!.............this guy needs to see the rules then.........

this should be in the edits section my friend.......
How about you use your brain instead
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#27  May 11, 2009, 09:41:21 pm
Hi. What problem do you have with just releasing the screenpack alone instead of adding characters made by other people, something which is considered pretty rude to them when you don't ask them first. If you made the screenpack, why not just release that and save yourself a lot of trouble.
Release your own work, not what other people did.
Like I said....I guess I was so desperate to create the GAME and NEVERED thought of that.....I'm sorry that I cause so much trouble. I promise I'll try to do better.
#28  May 11, 2009, 10:04:15 pm
Dude make your own characters instead. The Full Game is about adding your own characters and stages more than 1 (For example Ryu, Akuma, Ken etc.). But adding someone else chars into your own Mugen it's not a full game but a compilation.

P.S How come Ichigo Toshiro and Inuyasha are in SSJ? They're humans and only one who can transform into Super Saiyan are Saiyans. --;
This is only for fun. We all know that they can't but I want try doing something new and nevered seen.
#29  May 11, 2009, 10:11:30 pm
Like I said....I guess I was so desperate to create the GAME and NEVERED thought of that.....I'm sorry that I cause so much trouble. I promise I'll try to do better.
So like I said. Do you have any problem with releasing the screenpack alone without whatever was done by other people ? and I mean that as in, the next thing you'll do starting from now, is to remove what's currently uploaded and replace it with the part you made yourself (the screenpack on its own), and then post that new link.
#30  May 11, 2009, 10:22:08 pm
there really isn't much of a point in packaging other people's characters in your screenpack like that, unless you've done extensive gameplay changes to them so they all play alike and are balanced
#31  May 12, 2009, 04:07:24 am
Don't be harsh on the guy. It's not like he's claiming that the characters are his.

I don't see why so many people are annoyed at people putting a bunch of characters in the same place. If you didn't expect people to do that sort of thing, don't release your characters at all.

When/if I get my character(s) done, I'll expect people to use them. I just hope they let me know about it so I can see who's using my stuff and see how popular they are.
#32  May 12, 2009, 08:17:42 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Don't be harsh on the guy. It's not like he's claiming that the characters are his.

I don't see why so many people are annoyed at people putting a bunch of characters in the same place. If you didn't expect people to do that sort of thing, don't release your characters at all.

When/if I get my character(s) done, I'll expect people to use them. I just hope they let me know about it so I can see who's using my stuff and see how popular they are.

Point being that doing this is disrespectful to the original authors when their stuff is redistributed without their knowledge and/or without any credit to them. Its essentially the same as warehousing.

Not to mention that these compilations with characters with different mechanics that were not meant to go together makes the entire thing look like a piece of garbage which, in most cases, it usually is. (*points to This*)

Oh and going offtopic because I can:

#33  May 12, 2009, 03:25:00 pm

Point being that doing this is disrespectful to the original authors when their stuff is redistributed without their knowledge and/or without any credit to them. Its essentially the same as warehousing.

Not to mention that these compilations with characters with different mechanics that were not meant to go together makes the entire thing look like a piece of garbage which, in most cases, it usually is. (*points to This*)

Oh and going offtopic because I can:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6324/mortalkombatvsdragonbal.png
Ok? I would never make something like that....Anyway, people would know who created one of the characters because the creator leave a "Read Me" file there or signs their name in the ".def" file. I'm not trying to own these chars. Just editing the sprites and/or MAYBE voices.
#34  May 12, 2009, 03:28:07 pm
Hi, how are you today. Fine, me too. Do you like strawberries or do you prefer green shirts ?
So like I said. Do you have any problem with releasing the screenpack alone without whatever was done by other people ? and I mean that as in, the next thing you'll do starting from now, is to remove what's currently uploaded and replace it with the part you made yourself (the screenpack on its own), and then post that new link.
#35  May 12, 2009, 05:14:41 pm
  • I got a PM.
Full game made from other people's characters?

I think I have to move this to edits and add-ons. To bad, because it would have been a nice screenpack release.
#36  May 12, 2009, 05:30:50 pm
Full game made from other people's characters?

I think I have to move this to edits and add-ons. To bad, because it would have been a nice screenpack release.
ONLY the characters were made by other people. I made the screenpack and put the chars there.
#37  May 12, 2009, 05:46:40 pm
  • I got a PM.
True, but you claim it as a full game. You didn't change anything with the characters. To me, that translates into an edit. You made no significant changes to the characters. Really it's not even a full game. Full games have coding that makes the game a full game. You have made a screenpack and added a bunch of characters. So that makes it a edit because you claim it's a fullgame.

If you just released a screenpack then that would be a release.
#38  May 12, 2009, 06:08:14 pm
True, but you claim it as a full game. You didn't change anything with the characters. To me, that translates into an edit. You made no significant changes to the characters. Really it's not even a full game. Full games have coding that makes the game a full game. You have made a screenpack and added a bunch of characters. So that makes it a edit because you claim it's a fullgame.

If you just released a screenpack then that would be a release.
Ok I truly understand then. Well I am trying to make a BETA version of the screenpack and ripping songs from the new Japanese game, "DragonBall Kai Saiyajin Raishuu". But out of curiosity, is it still ok to leave the stages atleast? or not...?
#39  May 12, 2009, 06:14:10 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
When you start using stuff such as stages/screenpack/chars which you haven't done in a pack you're providing, it becomes an edit.
Just put a readme file stating the websites where do download stuff if you so much want people to get some stages/chars.
#40  May 12, 2009, 06:19:02 pm
  • I got a PM.
According to our rules yes.

Are people going to bitch and moan, that you are using other people's stuff? Most likely. Forum rules won't stop you. Although, if you want to gain respect of your peers, I wouldn't recommend doing it without at least, giving credit. Even if you do that, there will be some who will bitch about you not getting permission from the original author.

Let your own conscience be your guide. Our rules do not prohibit the use.
#41  May 12, 2009, 06:21:54 pm
    • France
The sig ... it's ... oversized. :gonk:
#42  May 12, 2009, 06:23:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's suggested to split the game in 3 files; the screenpack which is made by you and you can announce on your releases, the stages and the characters which are made by others and you don't need to announce them, as long as you give credit to the guys who made those, somethign similar to cvsw something by rednavi. If you feel like hosting the charcters yourself in a zip file on yoru site is a good idea you can proceed with it.
#43  May 12, 2009, 06:48:41 pm
It's suggested to split the game in 3 files; the screenpack which is made by you and you can announce on your releases, the stages and the characters which are made by others and you don't need to announce them, as long as you give credit to the guys who made those, somethign similar to cvsw something by rednavi. If you feel like hosting the charcters yourself in a zip file on yoru site is a good idea you can proceed with it.
Wow....that do sound like a great idea....There are some people who split the file in 3 or more. You guys are the best. Seriously. XD
#44  May 12, 2009, 06:51:40 pm
AND OMG!! I CHANGED THE DARN SIGNATURE DAMN IT!!! GOD!!! Alright just hang on. I'll try to get a new one that's LESS than 500X200. It will take like 30 minutes or less. Promise.
#45  May 13, 2009, 01:48:20 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Wait a minute...
It's the artwork from Dragon Ball Kai:Saiyan Invasion in the title screen!
Current Status: N/A
#46  May 13, 2009, 01:49:40 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
So he didn't even make that?
#47  May 13, 2009, 02:04:55 am
? Big deal, people take pictures online to create a main screen or an option screen and so. I don't think anybody expected him to draw that image ; if he made the screenpack by using that image, it's still fine.
Seriously guys, do you even know why old timers get irritated when they say "it's not your work", or are you just being paranoid because you heard the others and you repeat the same thing ?
#48  May 13, 2009, 02:14:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
? Big deal, people take pictures online to create a main screen or an option screen and so. I don't think anybody expected him to draw that image ; if he made the screenpack by using that image, it's still fine.
Seriously guys, do you even know why old timers get irritated when they say "it's not your work", or are you just being paranoid because you heard the others and you repeat the same thing ?

It's not their work.
#49  May 13, 2009, 03:38:03 am
Wait a minute...
And??? The game is DRAGONBALL KAI!! What the heck did you expect it to be??? And there are LOTS of people who gets images online that they DID NOT create for there main screen! My god you guys make it seem like I'm the bad guy here! If you want to complain that an Main Screen image was not made by the one who released the screenpack/full game, the go complain to people like Alchemist or the DGZ team!
#50  May 13, 2009, 10:10:10 am
    • France
Don't worry about the guy saying you didn't even make the artwork, he's just being a dick here.
#51  May 13, 2009, 10:20:10 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Don't worry about the guy saying you didn't even make the artwork, he's just being a dick here.

Thats not so bad though, I heard straight chicks usually prefer dicks anyway.

Anyhow back on topic:

Wait a minute...
And??? The game is DRAGONBALL KAI!! What the heck did you expect it to be??? And there are LOTS of people who gets images online that they DID NOT create for there main screen! My god you guys make it seem like I'm the bad guy here! If you want to complain that an Main Screen image was not made by the one who released the screenpack/full game, the go complain to people like Alchemist or the DGZ team!

I don't think anyone's complaining about the image for the title screen here. At least I'm not. Besides, we'd all be hypocrites for flaming you for not making your own artwork for the title screen and/or character sprites.
#52  May 13, 2009, 10:58:14 am
    • France