YesNoOk

HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) POLL UPDATED (Read 88593 times)

Started by FobiaZz, July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Who's the next character you would like to see in the game, among Peter and Hiro?

Claire
4 (66.7%)
H.R.G.
0 (0%)
Matt
0 (0%)
Mohinder
1 (16.7%)
Nathan
0 (0%)
Niki
0 (0%)
Sylar
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) POLL UPDATED
New #1  July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
  • Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com

Hello everyone! :) My name is FobiaZ, from Italy. I'm in the Mugen world for more than 10 years and someone could know me for my collaboration with Mugenpixart Team, an italian group which's developing Saint Seiya and Samurai Troopers mugen games. By the way I'm here to show some stuff about a personal mugen project, called HEROES MUGEN PROJECT.

My purpose is to create a 2d fighting game about HEROES, an American sci-fi tv drama series created by Tim Kring and appeared on NBC from 2006 to 2010. The story is about some people around the world who discover to have extraordinary abilities; while some of them hide the thing and try to have a normal life, others try to understand the origin and the reason of their powers. These individuals are destined to save the world, but they will have to guard their backs from a mysterious company that observes them behind the scenes, but above all, from a terrible serial killer who hunts for specials...

Actually my project is going very slowly. I'm working alone and I'm not an expert drawer, so I've searched some good SNK-like characters to use as "starters" for the game characters. The first character I've developed is the main character and my favourite, Peter Petrelli, althrough I hope to develop at least another character and release a first demo of the game. After that, if I'm lucky and I can find some help with the graphical part, I could reach the final goal of 9-12 characters in order to have a full game which tells the events of the first season of the show. Here below you can check the project's main updates and gameplay details:

= Project Updates =

Characters:

- Peter Petrelli (100%)
- Claire Bennet (1%)
- Nathan Petrelli (1%)
- Hiro Nakamura (50%)
- Gabriel Gray / Sylar (1%)
- Niki Sanders (0%)
- Noah Bennet / H.R.G. (0%)
- Mohinder Suresh (0%)
- Matt Parkman (0%)

Bonus / Secret Characters:

- Claude Rains (1%)
- D.L. Hawkins
- Ted Sprague (0%)
- The Haitian (0%)

Stages:

- Deveaux Building (100%)
- Kirby Plaza (100%)
- Times Square (1%)

Screenpack:

- Opening sequence (0%)
- System (80%)
- Ending sequence (0%)

= Gameplay Details =

- Unique Auto-Abilities for each characters (f.e. Health recovery for Claire, Immunity to time-based moves for Hiro etc.)
- Special Moves & Enhanced Moves (more powerful versions of the first ones; they require 1 power bar)
- Breaker Move (interrupts enemy's combo with a counterattack; requires 2 power bars)
- 1 Extraordinary Move for Character (a finishing move which could change in relation of character's palette\version)

= Future Possibilities =

- Introduction dialogues for\with each character
- Collision Moves (characters collide: the one who press the right button in a determined time wins and the loser is damaged)
- Story Mode with Unlockings (using Mugen Story Mode by Kamiloxnumetal)

= Screenshots =

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Comment please! :)

Mirror topic to Mugenpixart here
Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:46:48 pm by FobiaZz
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#2  July 15, 2014, 01:28:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is a very nice idea, and you seem to use a good base for Peter.

However, it's better to focus first on this first character only, and not try to create too much stuff at the same time.
The goal would be to :
- create a full character to show the gameplay system,
- have the whole game system well coded in this character so you can use it as a template for the next characters,
- see how much work it is to sprite and code a full character, so you can tone down your expectations a little (because 10 chars for a beginner spriter is really a lot, I can tell you).

Hope to see more anims soon, as well as a potential movelist for Peter (or would he be like Twelve in SF3, or rather Rogue in MVC, stealing powers from his opponent, since he's a sponge ?).
#3  July 15, 2014, 02:26:59 pm
    • Italy
This is a very nice idea, and you seem to use a good base for Peter.

However, it's better to focus first on this first character only, and not try to create too much stuff at the same time.
The goal would be to :
- create a full character to show the gameplay system,
- have the whole game system well coded in this character so you can use it as a template for the next characters,
- see how much work it is to sprite and code a full character, so you can tone down your expectations a little (because 10 chars for a beginner spriter is really a lot, I can tell you).

Hope to see more anims soon, as well as a potential movelist for Peter (or would he be like Twelve in SF3, or rather Rogue in MVC, stealing powers from his opponent, since he's a sponge ?).

Hi Star Fucker! Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I'm working only on Peter Petrelli in order to develop the basic code for the next ones. I know it will take time but I'm sure it will be a good game if I develop all my ideas!

About Peter's movelist, he will have all characters' auto-abilities (one thing I forgot to write is that every character will have an auto-ability active during all the match: f.e. Niki will have a shield just like Colossus, Claire the ability to recover a portion of life after first k.o., Hiro the immunity to time-based attacks) and 1 Special Move taken from each other character (f.e. Telekinetic Push from Sylar, Time Slowing from Hiro, Lift from Nathan etc.), but less powerful\effective: in this way Peter won't be too much almighty.

By the way in the future I would like to develop a "Fugitive" version of the char: since in that season he can absorb one power at once and have full control of it, he could have different single-power-based movelists selectable by palette and intros (f.e. palette 001 he shake hands with Nathan absorbing his power, palette 002 with Matt etc.). How you can read, I'm forward-looking and have clear ideas about the project! :D
Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:35:47 pm by FobiaZz
#4  July 15, 2014, 07:09:19 pm
  • You came to defeat me!? Hmph. In your dreams, bud!
  • RoK Member & MUGEN Lover & Editor
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
This is looking awesome. I never thinking seeing Heroes in MUGEN.
#5  July 16, 2014, 02:25:03 pm
    • Italy
#6  July 17, 2014, 12:53:18 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I never thought too. :) I think the world of MUGEN needs characters like these ones.

I thinking the same way bro. Keep it up. I'll be watching the whole progress. :thumbsup:
#7  July 18, 2014, 02:33:15 am
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
Are going to put the finishing moves in the same style of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue?
The Dragon is here!
#8  July 18, 2014, 10:47:12 am
    • Italy
Are going to put the finishing moves in the same style of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue?

Hi Dragon! I don't know the mechanic of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear finishers because I never played them (I just saw gameplay videos). I thought something like x-ray moves btw If you know how BB & GG finishers work (requirements to activatation, power, gauge etc.) could you please explain me in this topic? It could be very useful!
#9  July 18, 2014, 03:10:29 pm
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
For Guilty Gear, you can activate it by pressing the four attack buttons and then execute the proper command, make sure you gained enough power gauge before activate it or elsewhere your character loses a bit of life gauge unless you press the four attack buttons to deactivate it. It can be used once.

For BlazBlue, in your "match point", make sure you got the power gauge is full and then check if your opponent is at least 35% of his/her lifebar to perform it. Once you complete the specific conditions, execute it with the proper command. As of Chronophantasma, you don't need the burst icons.

I recommend you to use the BlazBlue method.
The Dragon is here!
#10  July 18, 2014, 06:43:57 pm
    • Italy
For Guilty Gear, you can activate it by pressing the four attack buttons and then execute the proper command, make sure you gained enough power gauge before activate it or elsewhere your character loses a bit of life gauge unless you press the four attack buttons to deactivate it. It can be used once.

For BlazBlue, in your "match point", make sure you got the power gauge is full and then check if your opponent is at least 35% of his/her lifebar to perform it. Once you complete the specific conditions, execute it with the proper command. As of Chronophantasma, you don't need the burst icons.

I recommend you to use the BlazBlue method.

Ok therefore BlazBlue finishers are bond to enemy's health, althrough I would prefer to avoid those dipendences from lifebars in favor of a smart gameplay, Btw I'll consider it eventually. Thanks! :)
#11  July 19, 2014, 05:39:51 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
The guy's coat (on the standing sprite goes down to his legs but you cant see any of the coat between his legs, just saying.
Other than that its pretty nice
#12  July 20, 2014, 04:15:09 am
    • Italy
The guy's coat (on the standing sprite goes down to his legs but you cant see any of the coat between his legs, just saying.
Other than that its pretty nice

Hi 21! There is the coat between the legs but is a bit short. and dark. I'll extend it later. ;) Thanks!
#13  July 24, 2014, 02:57:50 pm
    • Italy
Here is the new standing with improved lower coat part:

#14  November 20, 2014, 12:10:57 am
    • Italy
Sorry for the long waiting!  :sugoi:

I've drawn a new Stand 'cause the previous was too tense imho, but I'll keep the old one for eventual future uses; plus I decided to use a maximum of 4 gradients for color:

Other frames done (basic intro, turning, crouching, crouch, crouch turning):

Up next: Walking! :uhoh:
#15  November 20, 2014, 12:36:22 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
No problem man, take your time. ;)

And nice progress! :thumbsup:
#16  November 27, 2014, 01:15:17 pm
    • Italy
Thanks! :)
#17  November 28, 2014, 10:07:31 pm
Wow, this looks awesome, really liking those peter petrelli sprites

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#18  December 02, 2014, 02:21:07 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Sweet
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#19  December 06, 2015, 09:18:44 pm
    • Italy
Wow, a year is gone! Oo By the way, I was able to draw the entire walking animation for Peter! :D Here below there's just the first frame (I used Kung Fu Man as referement):

Plus, I modified a bit the head in the standing animation:

Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:26:53 pm by FobiaZz
#20  December 09, 2015, 06:33:18 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
for something like this i think you should get the boring stuff out of the way first the the get hit required sprites.
mugen or nothin

#21  December 09, 2015, 06:38:54 pm
  • High AF
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
liking the progress
WiiU Username: DJHANNIBALROYCE7
#22  December 10, 2015, 12:45:52 am
    • Italy
for something like this i think you should get the boring stuff out of the way first the the get hit required sprites.

You're right, usually i start to draw / restyle gethit sprites after basical movements (walk, jump) 'cause they're similari each other.
#23  December 10, 2015, 02:44:00 am
  • Young Coder
    • USA
mugen or nothin

HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#24  January 31, 2016, 09:09:22 pm
    • Italy
Hi all! I'm sorry for my long missing from the site, I'm actually really busy with MugenPixart Team's Saint Seiya Legend Mugen Project and a new, real-life job! ^^

By the way, I'm still on Peter's basical movements, the only thing I have to do is the walking backwards animation and a pair of frames for the intros (I've drawn 3 intros, 3 winposes and the time over lose), once I'll finish these ones I'll start coding the character.

Another thing: during Xmas Holidays I've drawn and coded the screenpack. :) It's for Mugen 1.1 and includes scores and fonts from original TV series. Here's a screenshot of the Select Screen:

I hope to code soon Peter to make a good video of my WIP! :)

Have faith, I'm still alive! ;)
#25  February 01, 2016, 10:51:41 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Hi Sir! I am so amazed to see your work on Heroes project and I really love it! I always imagined a few Heroes characters in KOF style after a few months I learned about Mugen, but that was 8 years ago. Great to see you work on the project! ;D I'm sure I will keep on eye on this project much.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series)
#26  February 18, 2016, 02:45:48 pm
    • Italy
Hi Sir! I am so amazed to see your work on Heroes project and I really love it! I always imagined a few Heroes characters in KOF style after a few months I learned about Mugen, but that was 8 years ago. Great to see you work on the project! ;D I'm sure I will keep on eye on this project much.

Thanks Enso! ^^
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#27  March 13, 2016, 05:38:20 pm
    • Italy
Here we go with the first video showering the preview of our favorite paramedic, Peter Petrelli!

I've drawn and coded all basic movements, plus the guard (in the future I'll assign a button to do it), intro poses, victory poses (one of them triggers with perfect win) and time over lose (where he's near to explode). I've also included in-game messages in MvsC style (I'm not really sure to put all of them, I think I'll left just the "first hit" and "danger" ones). At last, in the first minutes you can also watch an overview of the screenpack, completely customized.

Comments: ON! :D
Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:17:37 pm by FobiaZz
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!)
#28  March 14, 2016, 07:33:20 am
I love how you got started with adding some animations for Peter and completed the screen pack. Hope to see more.
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!)
#29  March 21, 2016, 06:53:49 pm
    • Italy
I love how you got started with adding some animations for Peter and completed the screen pack. Hope to see more.

Thanks Enso! ^^ I hope to show you more in the next days, if job allows me to do it! :)
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT [-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!]
#30  June 30, 2016, 12:10:00 pm
    • Italy
Hi all guys! :D

I'm back to report you I've finished to draw and code Peter's frames when hitted (the 5XXX group, for experts). Probably I'll add some new frames in the future for custom states like strangled (by telekinesis or super-strenghten hand), frozen or burned, however by now I'll proceed with punches and kicks.

I've also started to draw some frames for Claude Rains, the invisible man, who'll be the trainer in the game (I'm curious to find out how to code it) as long as his stage, the Deveaux Rooftop (I've used frames from various SNK stages and previous works of mine, the only thing I have to do is re-draw the statue and add some staffs and pigeons on the wall).

To celebrate the update, here below you can see a comic-like screenshot of the game, with balloons and quotes from the show! :)

TRIVIA: Can you remember the name of the episode? :D
Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:24:16 pm by FobiaZz
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT [-> PETER 1ST VIDEO!]
#31  June 30, 2016, 12:16:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • Skype - trinitro.man
    • discord.gg/uET2xQn
I really hope the sprites are unfinished, because there is much pillow shading going on here...
#32  July 01, 2016, 01:56:11 am
    • Italy
I really hope the sprites are unfinished, because there is much pillow shading going on here...

They're finished imho, as I said I'm not an expert drawer. If someday someone would like to improve them he'll be welcome.
Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:21:54 am by FobiaZz
#33  July 05, 2016, 08:25:40 am
Claude's pants looks pillow-shaded. The lighting for KOF has to hit light from diagonally above if you want to make a KOF sprite style. Even his shoulders and arms on his coat. Use character references such as Iori, Mr. Big, Robert, whoever for the clothing reference to shade. I'm not an expert on KOF style though but I understand the way KOF sprite style works. You just gotta imitate the shading of clothes, skin, and even proportions of chars. Good luck.

Godsend?
Titiln said:

#34  July 05, 2016, 03:25:33 pm
    • Italy
Claude's pants looks pillow-shaded. The lighting for KOF has to hit light from diagonally above if you want to make a KOF sprite style. Even his shoulders and arms on his coat. Use character references such as Iori, Mr. Big, Robert, whoever for the clothing reference to shade. I'm not an expert on KOF style though but I understand the way KOF sprite style works. You just gotta imitate the shading of clothes, skin, and even proportions of chars. Good luck.

Godsend?

Ok I'll check for the lights. No, it was not Godsend! :P
#35  July 06, 2016, 01:25:42 pm
    • Italy
I fixed a bit Claude's legs (I'll do the same for Peter if necessary). About the lights, this is the rule I'm following:

EDIT: How could I make it better?
Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:56:08 pm by FobiaZz
#36  July 09, 2016, 12:19:05 pm
OK. I didn't know you can't emulate that style, but I'm rooting for you on this project. Keep up the good work, man. I think if you can't emulate, you can frankensprite.

http://irwt.iammanyninjas.com/sprite-kof.html

Trying my best to help you on it.
Titiln said:

#37  July 09, 2016, 05:50:26 pm
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:54:12 pm by Sin-
#38  July 11, 2016, 12:12:38 pm
    • Italy
Thank you guys! I'll fix these things for both characters!
#39  November 02, 2016, 03:29:26 pm
    • Italy
Hi guys! I recently found the time to reprise the project, and I finally fixed the pillow shading on Peter's coat (thanks againt to Enso and AlexSin for notice):

#40  November 02, 2016, 09:32:28 pm
Now there's another thing that doesn't look good in the new sprites (in the coat) and it's called staircase banding. In the link I gave you above search for that term (or for "fat pixels"), it should show you a picture.
The problem with the sprites is that you're trying to make the outlines too evident, but you're doing the wrong way, so try to break the lines a bit.
@MotorRoach: (sorry for notifying you) had an image showing how to do that.
#41  November 02, 2016, 09:45:23 pm
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • Toriyama pretty much ruined me, but I'll be back!
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Or Google search it and get these two images as results:

Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr)
#42  November 03, 2016, 12:35:44 pm
    • Italy
Oook I understand guys!

If I go for just Fix 1 only, it will be enough good? 'Cause the Fix 2 expects the use of extra colors and I would like to avoid that.
#43  November 03, 2016, 12:41:45 pm
the chars are great, I loved the first series,and Peter Petrelli could be a good base for...Marty McFly!!!!!!

#44  November 03, 2016, 02:49:54 pm
    • Italy
#45  November 03, 2016, 04:03:32 pm
Hello My friend
For Now too many project. ..And not enough time..
I don t think i Will make more robots

#46  November 04, 2016, 05:04:15 pm
    • Italy
Hello My friend
For Now too many project. ..And not enough time..
I don t think i Will make more robots

No one better than me can understand you...I'm so busy I don't know if I'll go on with the Saints!

#47  January 09, 2017, 06:13:37 pm
    • Italy
Slowly, very slowing, Peter proceeds. I've done light and strong punches (I'll do a 3rd punch too, for combos):

Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:36:51 pm by FobiaZz
#48  February 24, 2017, 10:49:44 pm
    • Italy

Hi everyone! :D

For those who are keeping an eye on my project, you'll glad to know that the first character of the game, Peter Petrelli, is almost complete. :)

The percentage of completion is 70% right now. I've drawn and coded all basic movements and poses, all punches and most of the special moves, as well as their corrisponding enchanced versions (I remember that the character won't have hypers but powered-up versions of his special moves, just like in the latest MK games).

This weekend I'll start drawing the kicks. After these ones, I'll proceed with the last special move and, at last, the extraordinary move (the Move with the M upcase, 'cause it will require 3 bars of energy and it will be awesome in both visual and destructive term).

I'll share a video with you once the special moves will be completed, so you'll find out what this character can do in-game! :)

Stay tuned!!!

#49  February 24, 2017, 11:05:04 pm
  • High AF
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
had no idea this was going on. this is gonna be awesome! im keepin my eye on this!
WiiU Username: DJHANNIBALROYCE7
#50  March 02, 2017, 09:53:51 am
    • Italy
Thanks! ^^
#51  May 23, 2017, 11:04:33 pm
    • Italy
At last, here's a new video of Peter! :)

In this video you can see all his attacks (normal ones, special ones and enhanced ones) except for the breaker (not yet completed) and the final move (not yet started). All this attacks appear listed in the pause menu by pressing start.

You can see in action also some of his special abilities. These ones aren't listed in the pause menu due to space problems, btw I just wrote his native special ability (Emphatic Mimicry) allows him to obtain all future playable characters' special abilities; so we have Endurance (an almost-perpetual armor; Niki's special ability), Resurrection (modified version of Gill's signature move; Claire's special ability) and Radioactivity (an helper which causes Peter shine when life < 250 and reduce slowly enemy's life when is near; Ted's special ability). Peter is also immune to himself's and other characters' Invisibility, Radioactivity and Time alterations (since he can also become Invisible, emit radiations and slow\freeze time too, as happens in the series).

All this active and passive abilities are conditioned by a single variable, and each value corrisponds to a power set (0 for Powerless, 1 for Emphatic Mimicry, f. e.) so in the future I'll be able to manage certain situations (f.e. The Haitian's ability to make Powerless other characters, Peter's future ability to copy that variable value from other characters etc.).

I can say the percentage is 85% right now, I have to finish the breaker and the final move, then I'll add a bit of FX and code AI. I can no wait!!! :D

Stay tuned!
Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:15:31 pm by FobiaZz
#52  May 24, 2017, 04:46:18 am
I love the progress you got so far. Peter sprites look like they have been improved. I really love the abilities he has. Quite creative.
Titiln said:

Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER 2ND VIDEO (pag. 3)**
#53  May 24, 2017, 11:45:05 pm
    • Italy
Thank you Enzo! Glad to see you always following in those years! T T ^^
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER 2ND VIDEO (pag. 3)**
#54  November 10, 2017, 03:06:25 pm
    • Italy
I'm still here.

Breaker and final move: done.

Next step: FX! 

Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:13:11 pm by FobiaZz
Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER UPDATES (pag. 3)**
#55  November 13, 2017, 08:58:29 am
Great work!

The fingers covering on the front side on his right hand (viewer's left) need to be refined to make it look like KOF. Also, the parallel of his right forearm looks out of place. The crease on the right side of his coat would need some little gradient in order to make it stand out. There are some fat pixels around that exist.

Keep up, man.
Titiln said:

#56  December 11, 2017, 11:44:54 pm
    • Italy
Great work!

The fingers covering on the front side on his right hand (viewer's left) need to be refined to make it look like KOF. Also, the parallel of his right forearm looks out of place. The crease on the right side of his coat would need some little gradient in order to make it stand out. There are some fat pixels around that exist.

Keep up, man.

Thanks Enso!

This weekend I've completed all the FX and now I'm focusing on beta testing to delete any possible bug before start coding the infamous AI. Once I'll have finished all this coding things, I'll go fix those fat pixel once for all! ;)

On the way, I've also added a variation to the character (selectable though the Start button) which modifies some special moves into brand-new ones seen in Heroes Vol.2 (f.e. Phasing and Electricity taking place of Invisibility & Radioactivity) just for experimentation. Here's an image:

#57  December 12, 2017, 07:47:23 pm
Great work!

Keep up, man.

Thanks Enso!

This weekend I've completed all the FX and now I'm focusing on beta testing to delete any possible bug before start coding the infamous AI. Once I'll have finished all this coding things, I'll go fix those fat pixel once for all! ;)

On the way, I've also added a variation to the character (selectable though the Start button) which modifies some special moves into brand-new ones seen in Heroes Vol.2 (f.e. Phasing and Electricity taking place of Invisibility & Radioactivity) just for experimentation. Here's an image:

Could the Start mode feature his evil version, it could just be an all clothes dark pal swap like in that one episode.
#58  December 13, 2017, 09:19:08 am
    • Italy

Could the Start mode feature his evil version, it could just be an all clothes dark pal swap like in that one episode.

It's a good idea! :) Btw I'll leave at least two dark palettes in the good version since Peter goes "bad" in a short period during Season 1 too.

#59  January 16, 2018, 12:58:54 am
    • Italy
PETER COMPLETED! :D

Video soon! ;)
#60  January 16, 2018, 08:20:31 pm
    • Italy
Here we go with the preview of Peter, finally completed:

You could notice I've added new punches and kicks for close combat, and possibility to chain normal and special moves (to make more fun the play).

I've also modified some special moves 'cause the version seen in the previous video hasn't enough offensive moves; so I've removed the running punch and added a fireball, along with a sort of torpedo. Since he has now a special move that grants him flying through the stage, I've deleted the aerial dash ability in favor of an automatic aerial recovery (more in line with other passive abilities). I've also deleted that radioactive aura 'cause required intervention in every character to make it work (I plan to make Peter immune to some Ted's special moves in the future).

The biggest news are the Breaker (it activates by pressing forward button while you're guarding and the enemy attacks you) and the Extraordinary Move: a flying hyper throw that finishes with a loud boom! :lol:

The video doesn't show it, but the alternative version has its own special moves, as well a secret Extraordinary Move based on a scene never aired on the TV show (due to writer's strike).

What's next? I'll work on another character to make it fight with Peter, thereafter I'll release a first demo of the game!

Stay tuned and, if someday you want to help me to complete this game, I'll appreciate it! :)
Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:15:10 am by FobiaZz
#61  January 18, 2018, 05:41:16 am
    • Italy
Poll added! Who is the next character you would see in the game? Vote above and comment here. :)
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) LET'S POOL!
#62  January 23, 2018, 07:41:35 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N. Where dreams are made...
Hiro Of Course!!!! glad to see ya man

CLICK FOR DEVIANTART´S

Just Looking for some Real Fun...
#63  January 27, 2018, 06:31:20 pm
    • Italy
Hi Tsao-ri!!! :D Thanks for the vote! ^^ Good luck with Hyoga, your work is incredible!
#64  January 28, 2018, 04:16:48 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Hiro was one of the reasons I loved this series. I really would love to see him in Mugen one day, so that's my vote.
Jupp. That's cool alright.
#65  January 30, 2018, 10:36:50 pm
    • Italy
Hiro is the favorite for now, I see! :) So I've made a first sketch for him using a sprite from the official mobile game as starting point:

Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:39:52 pm by FobiaZz
#66  August 15, 2018, 11:01:40 pm
    • Italy

Hi there! The project proceeds veeeery slowly, but it's still active!

I'm going further with Hiro. It's a challenge for me 'cause it's the first time I'm working on a character armed with a sword...btw I'm studying characters' sprites from Last Blade and Samurai Showdown to make it.

Basic animations sprites are done, and I'll begin with gethit sprites soon. I've also made sprites for the special move which slows or freezes time (already seen in Peter). Some pics:

P.S. I've removed all previous videos. Soon I'll create an official "heroes mugen project" account for google and youtube where re-upload them! :)

See ya!
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) HIRO SNEAK PEEK
#67  August 15, 2018, 11:41:11 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
"Yatta!"

Hiro, my favourite character in Heroes.
Awesome to see you back, and this is good. I really can't wait to see more, as always.
The study on the Last Blade, and Samurai Shodown is a great thing to do, might make a lot more creative moves and more solid smooth animations.
Jupp. That's cool alright.
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) HIRO SNEAK PEEK
#68  August 26, 2018, 10:23:59 pm
    • Italy
Here's what I managed to do in these last days of vacation. Hope you like!

Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:30:38 pm by FobiaZz
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) NEW ENTRY
#69  September 01, 2018, 10:53:51 pm
    • Italy
Veeery small project update: Mohinder Suresh will be a playable character!

I don't know which kind of moves will have, but he deserves to appear in the game 'cause in the tv series is one of the main characters and its storyline is interesting. If you have suggestions you can post them here! :)

P.S. Pool updated!
Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:09:53 pm by FobiaZz
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) POLL UPDATED
#70  September 08, 2018, 02:13:25 pm
    • Italy
Hi there! Hiro's spriting and coding goes on, but today I just want to share this fresh-new color separation:

See ya! ;)
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT (NBC Tv Series) POLL UPDATED
#71  September 10, 2018, 04:35:15 pm
Hiro needs a lot of work on shading, creases of clothes, sword, and some others. The end of the sword looks like it got cut off.

The stage looks like it's too square-y in different places. But I also know it's very difficult to do in stages.

So far, you did a good job on those sprites. I know spriting is difficult. But you can do it. :) Keep up.
Titiln said: