YesNoOk

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE (Read 90156 times)

Started by vyn, June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which voice would you be better for this guy?

SFIV Evil Ryu
SFV Kage

vyn

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE
#1  June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
LONG OVERDUE, I know,

Consider these test footage

Im actually rebuilding him from the ground up, still deciding on moveset and system but he will remain similar to the original version

Stance is back to his regular stance but with a different face (sf3 face always looked so weird to me)

Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:06:06 pm by vyn
Re: Updating my first Character
#2  June 18, 2018, 04:41:55 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Daaaamn, man.
SF3 Evil Ryu, MvC Evil Ryu, CvS Evil Ryu, and now a remake of SF3 Evil Ryu. You really love Evil Ryu I see... xD
Good luck, pal. But I think you need to start building up your Sean's SF5-like system more, this might grow up into your official style. And some off topic: how is Sean going?
#3  June 18, 2018, 05:06:13 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Looking forward to this!  :D
#4  June 18, 2018, 08:21:22 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
considering every Evil Ryu you've done is great this should be even greater. That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.
#5  June 18, 2018, 08:32:26 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#6  June 18, 2018, 05:49:52 pm
very cool, looking forward to him  :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#7  June 18, 2018, 06:34:15 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Oh yeah! I love your SF3 Ryu! Good luck man!

vyn

#8  June 19, 2018, 07:09:04 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
More test footage... damn this looks cool

vyn

#9  June 19, 2018, 07:10:09 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Daaaamn, man.
SF3 Evil Ryu, MvC Evil Ryu, CvS Evil Ryu, and now a remake of SF3 Evil Ryu. You really love Evil Ryu I see... xD
Good luck, pal. But I think you need to start building up your Sean's SF5-like system more, this might grow up into your official style. And some off topic: how is Sean going?

im still gonna use the same system as sean but i think im gonna simplify it a bit more

Looking forward to this!  :D

tnx

considering every Evil Ryu you've done is great this should be even greater. That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.

id love that too bro
That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma...

With Sf3 sprites :coollove:

of course

Oh yeah! I love your SF3 Ryu! Good luck man!

tnx
#10  June 19, 2018, 09:22:14 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think the punch of that red ultra would be better on a black and white background. It needs more contrast. The black around it blends in too much. It may end up being very bad on some stages. I'd also say P2 pal FX with a negative effect would be dope as. Dont get me wrong, this doesn't look bad at all.

As it stands, I'm hyped up about this! I've never been a fan of BIG hitsparks but these are decent. I'd LOVE to see some type of slow motion on that ultra based on how far the back edge is. Like it'd time itself out to be slow, and once P2 is against the wall FULL BLAST!!!!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#11  June 19, 2018, 01:18:04 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'm not too sure. the red looks pretty awesome in my opinion.
#12  June 19, 2018, 03:14:15 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
To make it even more dramatic, when P2 hits the wall, maybe change to a custom state/anim that cycles between 2 or 3 of the standard gethit frames?

Damn those effects looks great, and that red bgpalfx is just perfect KILLER, but maybe have it fade back to normal in sync with the beam fading  :laugh:

Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:35:06 pm by altoiddealer
#13  June 19, 2018, 06:59:13 pm

#14  June 22, 2018, 07:49:55 pm
    • USA
I think you should use The Old Stance for SFIII The 1ne you had before, I just think so because I think it separates Ryu and Evil Ryu a little better, it makes it feel like Evil Ryu is its own character then just a pallete swap but hey that's just my opinion

----
It would be interesting if you could do this with SFIII Akuma as well because I'm trying to search for the perfect Akuma and I think it would be it if you had done it, Great Work by the way I can't wait to see the finished product
Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:46:45 am by Odb718
#15  June 23, 2018, 11:03:11 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Keep up the hard, like what you are doing. Looking forward to hearing the animations in motion.

vyn

#16  June 24, 2018, 11:30:44 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
seizure inducing hitsparks FTW

I think you should use The Old Stance for SFIII The 1ne you had before, I just think so because I think it separates Ryu and Evil Ryu a little better, it makes it feel like Evil Ryu is its own character then just a pallete swap but hey that's just my opinion

----
It would be interesting if you could do this with SFIII Akuma as well because I'm trying to search for the perfect Akuma and I think it would be it if you had done it, Great Work by the way I can't wait to see the finished product

i also love custom stances for that very reason but im just terrible at making them.

To make it even more dramatic, when P2 hits the wall, maybe change to a custom state/anim that cycles between 2 or 3 of the standard gethit frames?

Damn those effects looks great, and that red bgpalfx is just perfect KILLER, but maybe have it fade back to normal in sync with the beam fading  :laugh:

thats a pretty good suggestion tnx

I think the punch of that red ultra would be better on a black and white background. It needs more contrast. The black around it blends in too much. It may end up being very bad on some stages. I'd also say P2 pal FX with a negative effect would be dope as. Dont get me wrong, this doesn't look bad at all.

As it stands, I'm hyped up about this! I've never been a fan of BIG hitsparks but these are decent. I'd LOVE to see some type of slow motion on that ultra based on how far the back edge is. Like it'd time itself out to be slow, and once P2 is against the wall FULL BLAST!!!!

white bg just looks weird, but i made the red lighter so the black stuff is easier to notice, i will also mess with timings once im working on the actual character

Re: SF3 Ryu, Updating my first Character
#17  June 25, 2018, 12:28:24 am
    • USA
I'm not telling you to change The Stance because it's your character and you can do whatever you want But why make new 1nes why can't you just use the Old Stance you already have, again this is your character and in no way am I trying to force or tell you what to do with your character, also Great Progress so far can't wait to see more updates keep up the fantastic work
#18  June 25, 2018, 01:37:36 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
are you going to be giving him the SGS or leaving that out? Reason I ask is I'm sure you could make it look like Akuma's SFV iteration. Unless you're saving that for AKuma himself.

vyn

#19  June 25, 2018, 09:43:54 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
are you going to be giving him the SGS or leaving that out? Reason I ask is I'm sure you could make it look like Akuma's SFV iteration. Unless you're saving that for AKuma himself.

I do have plans for a cool SGS, it wont be SFV though, if i were to make akuma i would use that one indeed
#20  June 26, 2018, 08:59:27 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks awesome!
OMG these sparks are so good!
#21  July 04, 2018, 08:35:12 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
white bg just looks weird, but i made the red lighter so the black stuff is easier to notice, i will also mess with timings once im working on the actual character
Do it up how ever you think looks best man. In game is a little different than a gif.

One suggestion I might make, is make it 18 hits. I've come across a bunch of characters, and I LOVE Ultras that tie each other. I've noticed a lot of characters that do projectile ultras usually have an 18 hit combo. I could still take the same amount of time and damage. Just a dumb suggestion.

vyn

#22  July 05, 2018, 06:44:21 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive started working on the actual character (no more test footage).

Anyone got any good suggestions for his V-Skill and V-Trigger?. For these I like to focus on mobility and tricky stuff, im not a big fan of straight attacks or temporary boosts.

A couple of screens just because.

#23  July 05, 2018, 07:41:07 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Well, too bad you're not a fan of a temporary boost, because for a character with Satsui No Hadou that's the perfect option. In fact, rare V-Trigger by fact isn't temporary boost of one or another parameter... But I think I've come up with one idea for a V-Trigger you might like, even though that's a temporary boost too.
"Satsui No Rakurai".
Pretty much Ryu's V-Trigger with Electricity properties for moves, but with some differences:
-I suggest you make it limited not by time, but by moves usage, like Urien's Aegis Reflector as V-Trigger. 3 Bar pieces instead of 2 = 3 Moves to use. But, to compensate for such harsh limit, you really must Reu-style go wild with extra-properties and thunder usage.
For example, Shoryuken. While you can go with Normal and EX versions of it as it's done in your CvS Evil Ryu, Buffed Shoryuken could be Shin Shoryuken-like (multihit on miss, extra damage on contact) + Extended Juggling Properties (100% Contact on Juggle, MAYBE even Juggle Reset after Succeded Contact version). And, of course, a LOTS of electricity, you can literally recreate Reu's Shin Shoryuken there, but to keep a pace right since that's a special you can do it without slowdown effect.
-Akuma-like, this V-Trigger could easily give access to normally blocked super. Of course, using that Super must be possible only on Full V-Trigger Gauge and will use up all 3 pieces of it, but it shall hit MUCH harder than Normal Super. Or, at least, to be harder to avoid.
My main culprits for this are Misogi (Could do a HUGE damage), Shin Hadou Combo (That one is hard to avoid, so it could deal a SLIGHTLY mode damage than a normal super, just don't forget MOAR LAHTNIN'!!!!) and, of course, well-tried and trusty Shun Goku Satsu (A nice choice, but I suggest you live it to Akuma).
Can't suggest too much about V-Skill though, since Ryu's and Akuma's are practically the same: while Ryu parries any move by default, Akuma have to choose between crouching and standing, but he can counter straight of the bat. So, Evil Ryu's V-Skill is pretty much shall be a parry too, but with a right twist, so it wouldn't make his V-Skill BETTER than both of theirs (so no cancelable auto-parry-to-all), but at the same time worse. You can literally just use Akuma's V-Skill and be happy with that.

vyn

#24  July 08, 2018, 06:37:07 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I worked on him quite a bit today, finished all animations and raw code for normal attacks.

Made his combo system for basic attacks, it has mvc style chains for his normal punches and a wall-bounce launcher similar to DBFZ, this crappy gif should explain better.

Consider this whole thing not final please.

Also

Spoiler: NSFW. View at your own risk (click to see content)

Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:05:00 pm by vyn
#25  July 08, 2018, 07:18:15 pm
  • Niigasan
That better not be my juri edit getting raw dogged lmao,  lookin good though
#26  July 08, 2018, 07:30:36 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm gonna say probably not, cause let's say there was some "extra spritework" in that first pic I removed and call it a day
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

vyn

#27  July 15, 2018, 09:56:09 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
since this time im trying not to be lazy, im indexing the effects to the main pallette and im not using transparencies for the most part, some pretty cool things can be done.

This is the main pallette, its a mix of pink and red

some extras just for the hell of it

Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:03:35 pm by vyn
#28  July 15, 2018, 11:34:15 pm
Man. Evil.Ryu.
That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.
This E Ryu is meant to destroy Akuma, you can tell just by the new magnetic-resonance-electrothunder-vortex-blast beam that VYN equipped Ryu with. Also his new face.

Here's a cool something, I found
:muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox:

#29  July 16, 2018, 01:19:56 pm
  • Niigasan
U should really make a tutorial on how to make fx dude cuz goddamn you've always cold at that
#30  July 16, 2018, 02:45:35 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
since this time im trying not to be lazy, im indexing the effects to the main pallette and im not using transparencies for the most part, some pretty cool things can be done.

What Shin Gouki/Akuma did you use? That pose is new to me.
#31  July 16, 2018, 09:02:09 pm
    • USA

Anyone got any good suggestions for his V-Skill and V-Trigger?. For these I like to focus on mobility and tricky stuff, im not a big fan of straight attacks or temporary boosts.

Try doing something of a mix between SFV Ryu and Akuma and throw in a SFIV Evil Ryu Special in there
#32  July 18, 2018, 05:10:28 pm
Nice to see you're still around Vyn :)

vyn

#33  July 20, 2018, 07:56:54 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Nice to see you're still around Vyn :)

tnx man

Try doing something of a mix between SFV Ryu and Akuma and throw in a SFIV Evil Ryu Special in there

ya, ive been thinking the same thing, v-skill will most likely be a parry, v-trigger might be a teleport

U should really make a tutorial on how to make fx dude cuz goddamn you've always cold at that

i really should

Man. Evil.Ryu.
That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.
This E Ryu is meant to destroy Akuma, you can tell just by the new magnetic-resonance-electrothunder-vortex-blast beam that VYN equipped Ryu with. Also his new face.

Here's a cool something, I found
:muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox:

tnx man

started working on his shoryuuken and tinkered with the hadouken a bit. Coding is solid now.

#34  July 20, 2018, 12:19:13 pm

ya, ive been thinking the same thing, v-skill will most likely be a parry, v-trigger might be a teleport
this was my thought too at first  :truestory: but then I felt that he can do a parry like pose much like street fighter v's gouki v-skill and if opponent's attack connect to his parry pose, Ryu will just use his sf4's Ryusokyaku and stomp his opponent on the ground to build his v-gauge. But I guess teleport is better choice

vyn

#35  July 20, 2018, 05:19:04 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

What Shin Gouki/Akuma did you use? That pose is new to me.

My own, just a stance edit really, all else is pots shin gouki

vyn

#36  July 22, 2018, 01:48:42 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Today I worked a bit more on him, many tweaks here and there but the main thing is i finished his shoryu, improved the base pallette and layered the effects so the lack of transparency is better looking

need to make p2 react properly to the 3 different hits i guess

#37  July 22, 2018, 02:20:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
V-Skill can be a modified Ashura Senku that can also do an optional hit at the end, similar to Juri's V-skill without the charge.  Imagine hitting the opponent with it, colliding with an incoming Hadouken behind allowing a free juggle combo.  The Senku can be EX-cancelled.

V-Trigger can give him an Air Dash (allows him to cancel aerial moves for a second aerial rave or ground follow-ups), an Aerial Ashura Senku, and one modified varient of it that auto-tracks the opponent from the air to the ground for an optional command grab (air to ground only).  Can set up with LP Hadoukens for more mindgames and all Ashura changes except Air-Dash consumes the V-Trigger meter. 

Also, in this mode, you can cancel his Shoryukens to a VT Air Ashura to track the opponent in the air and go for an additional aerial rave that can follow up with a VT Ashura for either a mix-up in the air, or track the opponent on the ground for a command grab.
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:34:58 am by Kirishima

vyn

#38  July 22, 2018, 11:09:54 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Shinkuuuuuuu

His launcher is better now too:

via Imgflip GIF Maker

V-Skill can be a modified Ashura Senku that can also do an optional hit at the end, similar to Juri's V-skill without the charge.  Imagine hitting the opponent with it, colliding with an incoming Hadouken behind allowing a free juggle combo.  The Senku can be EX-cancelled.

V-Trigger can give him an Air Dash (allows him to cancel aerial moves for a second aerial rave or ground follow-ups), an Aerial Ashura Senku, and one modified varient of it that auto-tracks the opponent from the air to the ground for an optional command grab (air to ground only).  Can set up with LP Hadoukens for more mindgames and all Ashura changes except Air-Dash consumes the V-Trigger meter. 

Also, in this mode, you can cancel his Shoryukens to a VT Air Ashura to track the opponent in the air and go for an additional aerial rave that can follow up with a VT Ashura for either a mix-up in the air, or track the opponent on the ground for a command grab.

ah my dude, i like where your head is at... That will definitely be the trigger, although he might fully teleport, like a mix of my cvs evil ryu asura + charlie teleport from SFV. Though the result will be the same, a combo extender, maybe even pick up a downed opponent.

V-skill should be something different dont you think? too much asura senkuu. Id like to stick to something parry/counter/foucs-attack related, SFV ryu simply parries, SFV evil ryu would probably parry and then counterattack right away, with something violent lol.

Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:31:31 pm by vyn
#39  July 23, 2018, 04:34:40 am
SFV evil ryu would probably parry and then counterattack right away, with something violent lol.
I am thinking about that too, heh.

My idea would be having two versions of the parry.  The High-Parry is a standard fierce punch (energy wind and all), launching the opponent upwards.  Evil Ryu can aerial rave out of it.  The Low/Mid Parry also does a firece blowback  but this will push the opponent away to the corner.  He can follow up with Shinkuu Hadoukens from a distance, but if he does the parry hit while the opponent is close to the corner, Evil Ryu can freely combo anyway he wants.

V-Trigger mode adds a tracking knockdown follow up after a successful parry hit with the opponent bouncing off the ground so he can freely combo afterwards.

If he misses the parry, any hit he receives will be a Counter Hit.
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:38:25 am by Kirishima

vyn

#40  July 25, 2018, 03:57:48 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive been thinking of the system to use, here is what i have so far, cant say its final.

System abilities:

Mostly based on a V-Gauge that fills up as you take damage (fills up at 80% damage) or succesfully use his v-skill (parry/counter). Has two bars.

- A horizontal launcher that bounces player two on the wall and opens him for air raves. Can be comboed from standing heavy punch.

- V-Skill: mp+mk Parry, if successful goes into a short stun type counter, not effective against long distance projectiles and cannot continue to parry many attacks in a row like regular ryu. Seems fitting for a more violent persona. The stun will come from a "aura" attac

- V-Trigger: hp+hk (consumes 1 V-Gauge Bar): Teleport from current position to p2, I might add directional controls to appear next to, behind or on top of player 2. Right after he teleports, he will use an attack with a decent stun to combo right after it (perharps the version that teleports behind player 2 will not have this attack, doesnt seem fair). Can be used in the air.

- Zero Counter (consumes 1 V-Gauge Bar): While Guarding he can press hp+hk and use a counter attack with low damage but high pushback. Will be some sort of burst hadouken.

Gameplay:

- Normal attacks customized for longer combos and air raves, will still feel like a slower character.

- Special attacks will be what you expect.

- "EX" attacks will still have the simple commands but will be pretty much supers. Think MvC3. They will consume full power bars.

- Ultra attacks will have a more typical command, like QCF,QCF,P. Will consume a full V-Gauge bar.

Misc.

- Shinku Hadouken will be directional, not as many options as he originally had. The beam ive shown is his lvl1 shinku hadouken.
 - He will finally have a version of raging demon.
 - No regular ashura senkuu, only the v-trigger.
- Even though his system seems very SFV, in reality he feels more like an MvC-DBFZ character.

Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:54:20 am by vyn
Re: SF3 Evil Ryu
#41  July 25, 2018, 04:32:06 am
Will the Parry be cancellable to V-Trigger activation after impact?

vyn

#42  July 25, 2018, 04:34:12 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Fuck yeah, parry a safe projectile and then teleport to sounds awesome.
Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:51:30 am by vyn

vyn

#43  July 30, 2018, 01:36:33 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
tatsu is finished, this is the strong version.

Only the light version opens for a juggle afterwards.

#44  July 30, 2018, 03:10:16 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#45  July 30, 2018, 04:31:23 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Holy Guacamole, that's just looks incredible!
#46  July 30, 2018, 04:54:47 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I would buy that for a dollar.lol Looking prolific Dr.Vyn.

vyn

#47  July 30, 2018, 05:47:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
One more update before i go to bed.

This is his V-Skill, its pretty much a mix of SF3 parry and SFIV focus attack.

Its not finished but this is what i got so far. This did require sprite editing, I hope it doesnt look too awkward.

Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:00:36 am by vyn
#48  July 30, 2018, 02:27:59 pm
One more update before i go to bed.

Its not finished but this is what i got so far. This did require sprite editing, I hope it doesnt look too awkward.

the effect on Evil Ryu is solid steel beautiful :truestory: btw during the focus attack, is he able to use other focus attack's sub abilities such as the dash cancelling and dash follow-up just like in sf4?

vyn

#49  July 30, 2018, 07:24:17 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Holy Guacamole, that's just looks incredible!

Tnx bro,

I would buy that for a dollar.lol Looking prolific Dr.Vyn.

Hahah

the effect on Evil Ryu is solid steel beautiful :truestory: btw during the focus attack, is he able to use other focus attack's sub abilities such as the dash cancelling and dash follow-up just like in sf4?

Ive been thinking about this move, Ive put focus attack on my characters before and even though its a cool concept, its difficult to use outside of sfiv, hell it was difficult in sfiv lol. It was fun to code at least.

In mugen everything is multi hit, everything comboes and projectile coding is all over the place so a super armor move loses its purpose.

I think i will make it a Counter move, and yes I will make it dash cancellable to make it even more usable.

So in other words it wll work like this: Press MK+MP (no need to hold) you can wait for it to charge it just like focus attack but instead of absorbing hits, the full move will trigger as soon as you get hit or reach full charge (50 frames) and you can dash cancel at any point of the charge. No half charge release. It breaks defense or super armor if its released either by full charge or counter. Ground contact will stun p2 for quite a bit of time and air contact will open p2 for an easy juggle or a projectile. Full charge release has a small dash during which he will be immune to projectiles. If released from a counter he has full invincibility.

What ive not decided yet is how to handle projectiles hitting p1 during the charge, he could absorb them, get interrupted but not release the full move or just release the full move and sit there waiting to be punished. Also i dont know yet if this move will allow to be cancelled into, which would lead to sfiv advanced combos (attacks > mk+mp > dash > attacks), i think he has enough combo potential already (he has mvc raves and dbfz chase mechanics),

Focus attack really is such a cool concept to play with :).

On another topic ill make his jumps controlable and a bit floaty, such a simple thing definately changes the feeling of a Character from a more traditional system to something more modern.
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:40:48 pm by vyn
#50  July 31, 2018, 12:13:00 am
So basically a very Long counter stance.. , which is a broken mechanic. Yours is a mvc hybrid, so it's alright for mvc games.. maybe.

With that said, how about
   He releases the attack based on when you press attack. But no auto attack. That's just cheap. So basically he is armored for 1 physical attack.
2.Have him take  projectile hits while normal(he loses hp) but in V-Trigger, he aborbs basic projectiles or 0 damage, or even deflection (ok im stepping out of line here)
3. Should be combo'd into, it's the way of the Satsui No Hado. (Ex. 60 normal hits > Hadoken x10 > V-skill) The V-skill cancel should expend meter, IF combo'd into.
4. Have him weak to low hits,
5. Related to #2. Have him miss projectiles if you dash cancel out
6. Have opponents bleed through their intestines after that punch, then you may finish him off. :muttrox:

vyn

#51  July 31, 2018, 04:21:39 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
hmmm, food for thought, tnx for the input man, love these discussions. Number 5 is definately in and ill continue to test the move.

On a separate topic. Im really struggling with the mule kick as a special, seems so pointless and since im not using ex-moves this time i think ill just use the sprites for the horizontal launcher instead of what i have right now, seems more fitting.

This was his previous launcher, looks kinda weak to IMO.

#52  July 31, 2018, 08:32:46 pm
That move looks strong, but probably  looks wierd as a launcher.
You can try this: have Ryu launch with the first part of his axe kick(2hit Str.K). It will be vertical though
kinda like Kim(KOF)

Mule kick? you mean this?

I would just have the opponent pop-off the ground after that one. It will also be  mid-attack, so block high.
#53  July 31, 2018, 11:01:31 pm
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello everybody.
a huge Ryu fan,cool he is one of my favs. -i am sf fan too- i am downloading him.

vyn

#54  August 02, 2018, 08:32:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
That move looks strong, but probably  looks wierd as a launcher.
You can try this: have Ryu launch with the first part of his axe kick(2hit Str.K). It will be vertical though

Mule kick? you mean this?
I would just have the opponent pop-off the ground after that one. It will also be  mid-attack, so block high.

i mean his sf3 mule kick

hello everybody.
a huge Ryu fan,cool he is one of my favs. -i am sf fan too- i am downloading him.

lol

on some updates, this is his focus attack so far, im not showing the full charge of course, its like 50% finished id say.

Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:08:30 am by vyn

vyn

#55  August 03, 2018, 06:55:37 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
scratch that, im turning the whole thing electric.

#56  August 03, 2018, 07:07:41 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh man, that looks sick.

vyn

#57  August 06, 2018, 07:20:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
here is progress on his V-Trigger, a modified ashura senku this would be the ground version.

Its got a lot of work to do still but damn its very fun to use right now.

Notice the clear eye and teeth to make him look extra evil

Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:26:52 am by vyn
#58  August 06, 2018, 07:25:42 am
The white teeth personally looks silly than threatning imo, mostly for the dash.  The red eyes on the dash is enough, but that is just me.

The Ashura looks amazing.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:30:47 am by Kirishima
#59  August 06, 2018, 08:39:56 am
great work!!

can't wait to try him against my sagat. ;) ;)
#60  August 06, 2018, 04:04:52 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Personally, I think the dash is too fast as is, and is a little unfair to someone else who is fighting him as they can't tell where he's going to end up. Take Akuma's warp in SF3 (or any other 2D game he's in) his warp may be fast in some of the games, but you can still tell approximately where he's going to be to try and counter. I know that when you're fighting a CPU, it's not really an issue, but I just bring this up as food for thought.

Alternatively, consider making it cost meter. Especially if it has a super pause during the whole thing.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

vyn

#61  August 06, 2018, 05:00:18 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Personally, I think the dash is too fast as is, and is a little unfair to someone else who is fighting him as they can't tell where he's going to end up. Take Akuma's warp in SF3 (or any other 2D game he's in) his warp may be fast in some of the games, but you can still tell approximately where he's going to be to try and counter. I know that when you're fighting a CPU, it's not really an issue, but I just bring this up as food for thought.

Alternatively, consider making it cost meter. Especially if it has a super pause during the whole thing.

It does cost meter, the one at the bottom of the screen with the red V, it fills up as you take damage, two bars equivalent to 80%, so you get two of these each round. Its pretty much charlie trigger from sfv, thats fair right? :).

I didnt want to just give him ashura senku, i like to think evil ryu is just wild, such a timed and smooth teleport like ashura senku is more of an Akuma move who has way more control over satsui no hadou.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:03:21 pm by vyn
#62  August 06, 2018, 05:54:58 pm
maybe make his opponent freeze a little when he begin to do his v-trigger. Maybe this will make him balance abit

#63  August 07, 2018, 04:25:22 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
It does cost meter, the one at the bottom of the screen with the red V, it fills up as you take damage, two bars equivalent to 80%, so you get two of these each round. Its pretty much charlie trigger from sfv, thats fair right? :).
Ah okay. I couldn't see the V trigger meter at the bottom because of the watermark. :3 Seems fair as you described it.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

vyn

#64  August 08, 2018, 07:42:01 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Worked a bit more on his V-Skill

I simplified it quite a bit, its pretty much a counter right now with an 8 frame window for the actual counter (sfv parry is 7 frames). Normal projectiles will simply be absorbed.

The only focus attack feature that remains is the stun on player 2, you will have plenty of time to do whatever follow you want.

Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:56:04 am by vyn
#65  August 08, 2018, 09:08:39 am

#66  August 09, 2018, 05:32:21 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think that foot smoke starts up a frame too fast imo.
I was thinking about a short red "tail light" effect from his eye on that warp would be dope. I wouldn't make it go 100% to the starting point but maybe 60% there? Over half, less than 2/3 of the way. Just a straight swipe of red.
If it is going to cost meter, I think you might want to dress it up a bit more. If you could make the effect of his eyes go electric or do a type of up energy/smoke effect, then disappear.

One idea, if you'd like P2 to know where you're going to end up with the teleport, that exploding circle at start up, you could have it reverse to the spot before he lands. Like Pose+Circle, eyes+revers circle, appear. Cant tell if the circle is BIG to start with or body size and gets waaaay bigger.

vyn

#67  August 12, 2018, 01:00:21 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Bit more progress on the teleport, getting close to finishing the ground version,

Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:55:44 am by vyn
#68  August 15, 2018, 03:27:55 pm
    • USA
Amazing Work

vyn

#69  August 26, 2018, 08:29:40 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
working on a superspark, its a mix of sf3 and kofxiii

#70  September 01, 2018, 07:43:33 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome.

vyn

#71  September 03, 2018, 02:06:28 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

I remade his V-skill into something more simple. Its a mix of parry and focus attack now.

The custom animation came out pretty well IMO.
Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:12:17 am by vyn
#72  September 03, 2018, 02:48:47 am

I remade his V-skill into something more simple. Its a mix of parry and focus attack now.

The custom animation came out pretty well IMO.
I feel that this looks better  :8):

#73  September 03, 2018, 04:15:45 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Yeah it looks more defined, very simple and stylish.
#74  September 03, 2018, 05:26:10 pm
    • USA
Looking Great keep up the Good Work also what's that Raging Demon/Shun Goku Satsu looking like
#75  September 04, 2018, 10:28:03 am

vyn

#76  September 11, 2018, 09:01:24 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
worked on the taunt, similar to regular ryu but more intense as i think it should be.

#77  September 11, 2018, 10:46:33 am

vyn

#78  September 11, 2018, 09:38:42 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
not for that move im afraid, i like the new version better.

But fear not, i will deliver a really cool character i promise.
Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:10:11 am by vyn

vyn

#79  September 12, 2018, 07:10:19 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

Big portrait :) and a cool broly pallette

vyn

#80  September 13, 2018, 06:06:00 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
we got an intro, did anyone ask for over the top?.

#81  September 24, 2018, 01:48:54 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
That intro is fantastic vyn!
You should definitely stack explods on it. Increase the transparency by 50% and duplicate it, and put the second one behind Ryu. Wont be beaten any time soon.

vyn

#82  September 30, 2018, 10:41:04 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
worked quite a bit, here are some screens

Air hadoken: he regains control after using it so he can shoot more than one (two on screen is the maximum) or guard, attack, whatever. Similar to MVC.

air shinku hadoken

shin shoryuuken: i decided to use a regular shoryuken animation instead of the usual 3 punch

next ill make his shinku tatsu and afterwards probably his raging demon
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:58:05 pm by vyn

vyn

#83  October 07, 2018, 09:04:21 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
more screens, ground super tatsu is finished

#84  October 07, 2018, 09:15:56 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
Dem slash effects, really adding 'Deadly Points' if that's even a phrase.

vyn

#85  October 15, 2018, 07:37:28 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive been considering quite a change for my system.

This guy is a mix of more modern systems than most of my characters, like sf5, mvc1-3, mvci, but really he feels mostly MVC2-3 (i scrapped the chase mechanics from DBFZ, it just didnt feel right), so im thinking of going for a 3 button character.

He has super jump controllable while in the air, launchers, mvc supers with simple commands, combos mostly based on cancelling and juggle instead of frame perfect inputs, guard push (to be added), etc. SFV was mostly for frame and damage data, sfv damage scaling as well (no sfv defense scaling though), and the whole V-Bar related stuff (trigger, counter and guard counter) and KOFXIII for most of the effects but the feel remains MVCish.

So the layout could be

x:light attack
y:medium attack
z:heavy attack

a: launchers (directional input for wall bounce or regular launcher)
b: v-skill (counter)
c: v-trigger (still in the works)

this leaves button combinations open for more advanced mapping like:

x+a: grab
y+b: kofxiii dodge?, dbfz rush grab?, hard knockdown?, a super armored move? empty?
z+c: some sort of custom combo?, free supers for a while?, power charge?, taunt? (lol),

assists is kind of an obvious inclusion here but i dont like it unless its actually possible to switch characters so i wont be adding that.

so yeah, i know evil ryu is not exciting at all nowadays, no matter how pretty effects i give him, truth is its more exciting to experiment with effects and system mechanics nowadays, at least for me.

of course sticking to 6 button mapping sfv style is still an option, this is just brainstorming cuz im bored at work and id like to hear some input from you guys.
#86  October 15, 2018, 09:05:53 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
would the super armor function like a focus attack (long startup in exchange for stun?)
i feel like a power charge is a given for this sort of character

vyn

#87  October 16, 2018, 12:20:17 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
well his current v-skill (mp+mk) is a counter which, if succesful, puts p2 in a stun state like focus attack does. (for projectiles it works like regular sfv parry). How does that sound?.

could you elaborate on the power charge?.

#88  October 16, 2018, 12:26:32 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i just realized i didnt ask if he had EX moves. he already seems very flashy, boss-like and meter dependent, so i think a power charge would be a nice touch for him especially if he has EX move. it would help to constantly keep the pressure up and always do big boy damage off confirms
#89  October 16, 2018, 12:28:48 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
if he already has a v skill i would forego the super armor idea. the custom combo sounds more appealing (esp. if it burns meter) ((would be nice in conjunction with the power charge)) (((im assuming balance is not so much an issue here and its more about making the character fun)))
#90  October 18, 2018, 08:59:54 pm
    • USA
I think you should keep the 6 Button Layout

vyn

#91  January 01, 2019, 07:58:20 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
one handed hadokens are cool!!

#92  January 01, 2019, 08:10:53 am
I have a feeling that he is gonna turn into Kage  :mlol:

#93  January 01, 2019, 08:30:14 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Well, he IS already renamed into Kage on that gif.
Good Luck with that, Vyn!
P.S.: Vyn. Could you, PLZ, send me one sprite of that Ryu of your, in PNG format?
Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:33:26 am by Trololo

vyn

#94  January 02, 2019, 01:58:55 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:56:57 pm by vyn
#95  January 02, 2019, 04:11:58 am
I wonder if Kage has alternate mode (holding start in select screen or alternate def) of your previous evil ryu the current one before your turn him into Kage? or is Kage a complete rework new standalone character?

#96  January 02, 2019, 04:57:35 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
OK. Here is a lil' present from me, Vyn. A Kage palettes (1-15, EX6, EX7).

Download
P.S.: As you can see in Pal 15 (Oni-Like), you'd like to have that CS extended.
#97  January 02, 2019, 05:17:51 am
  • Niigasan
 Excellent

vyn

#98  January 02, 2019, 06:10:26 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
OK. Here is a lil' present from me, Vyn. A Kage palettes (1-15, EX6, EX7).

P.S.: As you can see in Pal 15 (Oni-Like), you'd like to have that CS extended.

damn... thats a lot of work, tnx a lot man. On release (if that ever happens lol), i will include all of these as an extra download.

I wonder if Kage has alternate mode (holding start in select screen or alternate def) of your previous evil ryu the current one before your turn him into Kage? or is Kage a complete rework new standalone character?

honestly i just made these two specials cause i had a lot of down time during the holidays and ive been loving the Kage hype. Right now he is a separate file.

The biggest thing keeping me from commiting to a full project of Kage is the lack of sprite edits in sf3 style. I could make do with what I have and my crappy spriting skills for everything except his Axe Kick (hcf+kick) and His Misogi (Trigger II).

If there is a kind soul out there willing to make a decent version of these moves in sf3 style i will happily make a Kage character. With the current sprites im not 100% sure i will tackle this as a full project.
#99  April 24, 2019, 11:47:37 pm
Just wanted to ask as I saw you finished your goku project, will you continue to work on kage and SF3 evil ryu ? Your work is the best and congrats on the finished goku.
#100  April 25, 2019, 12:09:39 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The SF3 Evil Ryu project became Kage if I'm correct.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#101  April 25, 2019, 02:48:15 am

vyn

#102  January 20, 2020, 01:25:09 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Since Terry is finished (just waiting for SW´s AI) I figured I would go back to my unfinished works and of all those this guy is the one with more progress.

Decided to start changing a few effects, here is hadoken (loved the hadoken) and tatsu. Also decided to stick with blue energy colors since the version I made so many years ago also had blue energy, I wanted to make it like Reu´s (rip) Evil Ryu back then and figured I would do that again.

Previous FX:

Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 01:39:41 am by vyn
#103  January 20, 2020, 02:34:11 am
I am so glad that you decide to continue making him  :woeh:

vyn

#104  January 27, 2020, 04:24:30 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
About halfway done with the specials.

Im not 100% sold on the shoryuken yet.

#105  January 27, 2020, 05:17:51 pm
Wow, very powerful !
#106  January 29, 2020, 06:39:45 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking good.

vyn

#107  February 02, 2020, 04:24:38 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Worked on Denjin and Dive kick

#108  February 03, 2020, 04:09:27 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
There's something bothering me about those effects for a while. For some reason, I feel like there's not enough transparency for them. If you are using any version of Fighter Factory, are you using "Addition 50%" for the transparency? Because I think just "Addition" instead would look better because they way you made them look like solid objects such as the projectiles.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#109  February 03, 2020, 08:51:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I feel like the fireball's rotation speeds up while it's hitting P2. It's probably an optical illusion but it feels a little off.
Are you using a helper or a projectile?

vyn

#110  July 19, 2020, 10:03:11 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Worked on the intro and shin shoryu today.

vyn

Re: SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE
#111  July 22, 2020, 06:33:25 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
What do you guys think should happen next?, (its his Raging Demon).

#112  July 22, 2020, 07:18:10 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
May I ask, when this piece happens? After black-screen hits?
#113  July 22, 2020, 07:21:57 am
    • USA
Incredible FX, on that intro, so now he can wield both light and dark powers at the same time?

some ideas:
1. An Uppercut (MK style one) with probably a slow motion to show blood tingling in players hands because of the power RYu holds now, send him flying and drops real hard to the ground
2. Touches Akumas face and holds palms there for a couple of seconds, Opponent explodes or flies across the screen to hit the wall
3. Akuma just explodes as Kage(E.RYU) turns to look at the screen or away from the screen.
#114  July 22, 2020, 11:03:25 am
What do you guys think should happen next?, (its his Raging Demon).

I was thinking of this:

:P

maybe I would like to see some options for player to input some commands when Evil Ryu is in this state to attack his opponent like for example:
- if player input something like qcf+2p, Ryu thrusts his fist with the black effect onto his opponent's chest and a big chuck of black effect explode through his opponent's chest
- if player input something like dp+2p, Ryu does a massive metsu shoryu look alike using that black flame on his hand and the black flame explode after the last hit connect
- if player input something like qcb+2p, Ryu grabs his opponent with the black effect on his hand and something like Kyo-2's hsdm from kof2002um
and so on....

Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:25:09 am by hulkhogan

vyn

#115  July 25, 2020, 07:53:46 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Progress video:

I went for something somewhat simple on the raging demon but cool nonetheless.

#116  July 25, 2020, 08:29:25 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
So, this was the begining part after all?
I just though you could go Reu way and port/modify his Evil Ryu's LVL3 (you know, that white SGS).

vyn

#117  July 26, 2020, 07:58:35 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
A bit more progress

#118  July 26, 2020, 08:20:58 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Glad to see you working on Ryu again. Kinda random, but would this animation by Hien interest you?

I converted Ryu's S.MP from SFV. It reuses 3 heads from SF3.

---UPDATED---

Fixed a few things to make it as close to SF3 as possible.

Also, if you're still looking for Kage's voice clips, try hitting this guy up on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Husband__ I've asked him for voices from several of SFV's characters and he's never failed to deliver.

vyn

#119  July 27, 2020, 04:07:17 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
working on the extra pallettes now.

Effects are not that easy to color due to all the coding that went into making them but cool stuff can be made.

vyn

#120  July 30, 2020, 04:47:17 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Added a Voice poll to see what you guys like better.
#121  July 30, 2020, 02:39:04 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
not to spoil a surprise but, I think SFIV Evil Ryu might be a better fit for this character.
#122  July 30, 2020, 02:43:44 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'd say leave the Kage voice for your upcoming Kage, even if you've used the SF4 Evil voice a lil' too much.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#123  July 30, 2020, 03:06:52 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Why not have them both? There is nothing new in having 2 SND files with different voices for character.

vyn

#124  August 02, 2020, 12:27:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Made a quick AI video.

If anyone wants to make a boss AI patch let me know, it would be great.

#125  August 02, 2020, 04:13:46 am
Why not have them both? There is nothing new in having 2 SND files with different voices for character.
I agreed with this too, player can have options to choose either one by editing the def file

vyn

#126  August 09, 2020, 08:45:11 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Just to let you guys know. This guy is finished, just beta testing.

I will release him soon.
#127  August 09, 2020, 09:19:43 pm
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
Great news. Can't wait!