YesNoOk

Street Fighter v2 Demo (Read 27755 times)

Started by EM20XX, March 12, 2010, 10:38:28 pm
Share this topic:
Street Fighter v2 Demo
#1  March 12, 2010, 10:38:28 pm
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
    • mugenandgames.webs.com/
Here is a Demo of V2 of my Street Fighter Zero remake. If your wondering I decided to give V2 it’s own topic because I plan on using this topic to update V2 Demo till I get it to 100%. That way I can do updates more frequent.

So what’s new:
Mostly game play stuff
Everyone has 2 throws, 4 specales,3 supers, Recovery
Redid how much damage everyone hits as well as how much power they gain
Took out some moves as well as added moves

Basically the fighting should feel totally different and more balanced from last release. This is only a short Demo that only has 12 selectable characters and 2 hidden characters.

Screen shots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

links:
If links dont work let me know and i'll fix later

Files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmmiifmzmd2
Char:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jmzt32finy2
stages:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ygt1jwzh2q
sound:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwz2ybql4ed

P.s. I would like to ask for help with this game kind of. I want to explore new ideas so if anyone would like to contribute sprites, hit sparks, screen packs or anything they believe would make this game better run the idea passed me and I’ll see what I can do and hey maybe I can get a whole team going. Prob not lol but worth a try.
Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:09:17 am by EM20XX
Re: Street Fighter v2 Demo
#2  March 13, 2010, 02:28:51 am
  • Running thru the night
 screenshots???

if i post in the PDM News without screenshots few people will actually download it....
Console collection: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP, Genesis, N64, PSX. ==Next buy: Gameboy Color ==
Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:36:02 am by Left4Dead
#3  March 13, 2010, 09:10:31 am
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
yeah i know i just did not have the time earlier but they are up now
#4  March 13, 2010, 03:24:00 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
  :o

tested it, and all I can say is wooo.....w because I'm speechless at the quality of it, I haven't spotted the slightest flaw, it's perfect jim, PERFECT, EPIC

now can't wait for the final release   :D
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
#5  March 13, 2010, 09:28:44 pm
Here are my observations:

1.For a MUGEN game that uses other developer's works, the flow and feel of the gameplay is surprisingly spot-on. This game is actually competent, though you did make some changes from the last real Alpha release; the various versions of SFA3. Instead of Recovery Rolls, we get the SF3&4 quick-getup. Also, in SFA3, if you guarded right as the opponent's attack strikes you, you'd flash blue. It's not important at all, but I just thought I'd point out that I didn't see that here.

2.I have problems with the supers. Honestly, a Lv.1 Super should NOT do as much damage as regular moves. They should do as much damage as the Lv.3 Supers currently do, and the further levels should be even more damaging.

3.Can't you do a counter for a cost of some energy? Even SF4 had a variant via the FA Guard Cancel, but I can't seem to find any sort of Super-Counter here.

4.I noticed Ibuki's track was in the music folder, yet you don't mention her in this thread. Is she going to be added?

If I feel I need to add more later, I will, but still...while it needs a bit of work, this is pretty decent overall. :)
Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:08:48 am by kkhohoho
#6  March 13, 2010, 11:21:34 pm
Yes, this is a double-post, but I've tried out all the characters, so I have more stuff to say.

1.Dan: It's my personal belief that a character can be a joke character without wasting a character slot. SF4 Dan was a good example of this. He wasn't top tier, but at the same time he was decent enough to use, and they're making him even better in SSF4. This Dan, besides the fact that his DP's command is reversed, is just too weak, though a big reason for this his Gadouken, as it covers hardly any space at all. Granted, it was often like this in the real games, but that was still a problem. My advice would be to have it travel 1/3 of the screen length. This way, it still wouldn't be a true projectile, but it would have some use. And then there's his autograph. I say keep it, but since it's crap, don't treat it as his true fourth move, as there's an easy way to give him another one. Ryo, who we all know Dan is a parody of, has sometimes had an attack that alternates between an autocombo and a proximity unblockable. (Like a grab, but only usable when right up close.) Just give Dan that by using some of his default punches together for the animation, and you could end with Dan trying to finish it with a DP, but failing miserably. That's all on Dan.

2.Sean's heavy tornado kick shouldn't go so high, and his ranbu-like commands for two of his Supers should be reverted back to their original hadouken motions.

3.Didn't Maki have both a ground special grab and and an attack where does a handstand spin? I definitely know she had the last one, and as her run moves are really just one special, and since her air grab won't be used often, you should at least add that attack.

4.Didn't Chun-Li's anti-air have to be charged? I might be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure her projectile is supposed to dissapear before going full screen, and when higher attack buttons are used, the projectile gets faster, but it disappears sooner. It's actually better the way you have it, but I just thought I'd point that out.

5.Get rid of Bison's projectile. Not only does it go over your '4 moves' limit, but those other 4 moves make for a moveset that is both classic and already complete. The projectile is just overkill, especially since you gave it a command motion. Please get rid of the projectile.

6.Cody's 'bad spray' really shouldn't count as his fourth attack. You should give him another one.

7.Evil Ryu's teleports are way too hard to pull off, whereas Dark Sakura's can be performed fairly fine.

8.Everyone else, besides the supers which I already mentioned, is fine more or less. :)

9.You really should have mentioned in the readme that all command attacks are done with F+HP, B+HP, F+HK, and B+HK, and that each character has some sort of attack with each of those commands.

10.There's no combo counter. ???

11.You can face the same opponent twice in the same run-through.

12.There's no fire on Ken's Shin-Shoryuken.

13.Some characters can whiff throws, while others can't whiff throws.

Overall, this project still needs some work, but for an early build, this is kind of nice. :)
Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:57:25 pm by kkhohoho
#7  March 14, 2010, 08:16:49 am
  • Lets not bash people, be respectful human beings.

I would like to provide you with the screenpack. right here we got an edit of hatabow's very own sfa 3 screenpack, but looks almost reconizable due to the animation,new effects  and edition of more sprites provided by your truly.its not quite done yet, but pm if you are interested.
also i have a bunch of fightfx, such as the cvs hitsparks if you need em.
OK class! Now remember, in order to give someone proper feedback, you must BASH them! Because being nice, and or respectful, is frowned upon in the Mugen community... Ok, so what do we do to new creators and patch makers kids?

(Kids yelling) BASH THEM!!!
^lol, not sure why there is so much here. oh well
#8  March 14, 2010, 09:03:28 am
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
Here are my observations:

1.For a MUGEN game that uses other developer's works, the flow and feel of the gameplay is surprisingly spot-on. This game is actually competent, though you did make some changes from the last real Alpha release; the various versions of SFA3. Instead of Recovery Rolls, we get the SF3&4 quick-getup. Also, in SFA3, if you guarded right as the opponent's attack strikes you, you'd flash blue. It's not important at all, but I just thought I'd point out that I didn't see that here.

2.I have problems with the supers. Honestly, a Lv.1 Super should NOT do as much damage as regular moves. They should do as much damage as the Lv.3 Supers currently do, and the further levels should be even more damaging.

3.Can't you do a counter for a cost of some energy? Even SF4 had a variant via the FA Guard Cancel, but I can't seem to find any sort of Super-Counter here.

4.I noticed Ibuki's track was in the music folder, yet you don't mention her in this thread. Is she going to be added?

If I feel I need to add more later, I will, but still...while it needs a bit of work, this is pretty decent overall. :)

wow, thanks you gave me alot to look for lol some of the stuff you said is very helpful some is stuff you missed like maki's handstand move it's in there "D+C" I'll take the stuff you said and change what i can. It really does help tho I would want to make it clear that this is not based off of anything capcom done with street fighter this is my vision on how I would of liked it that goes for moves and everything else. When doing this game I wanted a game that reminded me of Street Fighter 2 that means no counter no flashing and just basic stuff like that. This is still a ruff Demo though I did plan on checking over stuff like the supers but that to I wanted to give each super it's own damage I mean yeah 1 super does less damage then HK but I want it to feel like in a real fight where you have different levels of strength the lk, mk, hk are different in there amount of damage because I always hated when supers do the same amount of damage just with different lengths or so. though if this feels stupid to others I’ll think about changing

P.S. no Ibuki, i was going to add her at one time i did not like the feel of her and other sf3 characters Hugo won over my heart tho but no other sf3 Characters will be in the game

I would like to provide you with the screenpack. right here we got an edit of hatabow's very own sfa 3 screenpack, but looks almost reconizable due to the animation,new effects  and edition of more sprites provided by your truly.its not quite done yet, but pm if you are interested.
also i have a bunch of fightfx, such as the cvs hitsparks if you need em.

Thanks I’ll try it out but I might end up changing it from it’s original if that’s ok
Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:25:27 am by EM20XX
#9  March 14, 2010, 03:34:42 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
The more accurate the game is the more I will love it, please don't add stuffs that don't exist in SFZ3.

If there is a recovery roll is SFZ3 it should be there too
If there is no quick get up in SFZ3, it shouldn't be here

If you mix moves and systems from all SF games, it will no longer be my beloved SFZ3.  :(
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
#10  March 14, 2010, 03:54:44 pm
The more accurate the game is the more I will love it, please don't add stuffs that don't exist in SFZ3.

If there is a recovery roll is SFZ3 it should be there too
If there is no quick get up in SFZ3, it shouldn't be here

If you mix moves and systems from all SF games, it will no longer be my beloved SFZ3.  :(

Then it isn't your beloved SFZ3. ;)
#11  March 15, 2010, 01:58:06 am
 :P i think the game shouldnt all be sfa3 styled, if EM20XX wants a different system, then he should keep it.
And EM20XX you may edit the screnpack i will send more if you plez, whatever makes your project that much greater.
OK class! Now remember, in order to give someone proper feedback, you must BASH them! Because being nice, and or respectful, is frowned upon in the Mugen community... Ok, so what do we do to new creators and patch makers kids?

#12  March 15, 2010, 05:29:53 am
I found one more thing, though I think it's kind of important. I personally think that a close normal atack that doesn't knock back the opponent or push them away a decent enough distance should be comboable, yet a number of close range attacks (such as Ken and Sean's headbuts,) don't really push or knockback, yet they can't be comboed. Comboing in general is kind of stiff. In addition to to what I've previously mentioned, there should be a wider opening for combos, right from the first frame that can hit a foe to the last frame that can, though don't think I'm saying "ADD CHAIN COMBOS!!!". I'm not. I just think that the combos should be easier to pull off. A fighting game shouldn't be about "Who can pull off this technique?". It should be about "Who can use this technique most effectively?"

Speaking of that, you might want to change both present and future 360&720 commands to HCB, HCF, HCBx2, and HCFx2 commands. They did it in SSF2T HD Remix, and SF4 to an extent, so I don't see why you couldn't do it here.

EDIT: It's only been 5 minutes, so I figured an edit would be alright. This is strictly a personal opinion, but perhaps Sean's over-arching attack (not the DP, Tornado Kick, or Tackle) should be an overhead. After all, it's much like Terry Bogard's Crackshoot, which has sometimes been an overhead, and this has always benefited the move without overpowering it. I'm not saying you have to change the move's properties, but just give it some thought.

Oh, and I noticed you can't reverse throws and throw opponents backwards. You should definitely be able to throw opponents both forwards and backward, so you should either allow character to reverse their throws with B+LP&MP or B+LK&MK, or have one throw toss the foe forward, while the other one throws the opponent backward.
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:56:32 am by kkhohoho
#13  March 15, 2010, 07:05:16 am
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
I will change what is necessary but this is not your SFZ3 remade, capcom already did a great job. This is How I would like the game to feel and I will not put in rolls and throw each character up down and all around that stuff to me is weak maybe I’m wrong but I like it and it will NOT BE CHANGED sorry lol. Do feel to give more advice tho I am getting great feedback and this will be a great help in next release just don’t expect SFZ3 or anything else Street fighter I am not a fan of redoing what is already done.

Speaking of that, you might want to change both present and future 360&720 commands to HCB, HCF, HCBx2, and HCFx2 commands. They did it in SSF2T HD Remix, and SF4 to an extent, so I don't see why you couldn't do it here.

I hated the moves being like this i wanted the moves to be pulled off easy so i made them that way sorry if this sucks for everyone else but i put my own feelings of how i like the game first and this will not be changed
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 07:09:44 am by EM20XX
#14  March 15, 2010, 05:06:56 pm

I think the way EM20XX doing it is just fine. The gentlemen here are giving some very good feedback and i hope these suggestion will be helpful.

#15  March 15, 2010, 08:40:58 pm
1.Sakura's Medium and Hard "DP"'s will NOT bring Chun-Li and Karin into the air at all. :S

2.Sakura's Close HP doesn't just not push or knockback, or not combo: it completely leaves her open, and just about anyone can punish her for using that currently weak move just by using their light punch right when they're done being hit, as Sakura will still be recovering from doing the Close HP.

3.Hugo's Close HK is his D+HK. o_O You need to give him a proper Close HK.

4.In Sakura's DP+K, P, P, P, only the first P will connect with the opponent.. The rest won't connect. They need to connect.

5.The noise made when a level of meter is gained is the default MUGEN noise. I know it's hard to hear it, but it is there. You need to get a proper noise for that.
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:24:20 pm by kkhohoho
#16  March 15, 2010, 10:01:59 pm
1.Karin can do super-jumps and small-jumps ala King of Fighters. I'm pretty sure you didn't intend for her to have those. --;

2.Some command attacks can't be done when at close range, and you can only do the close Heavy Normal instead. You should be able to use all command attacks at close range.

3.Maki is also able to do a super-jump, but not a small-jump. It makes sense for to have a SJ though, considering how agile she is. C.Viper has in SF4, so I suppose Maki could have it too, so long as hardly anyone else has one.

4.Hugo can forward dash and backdash. Unless you're planning to give everyone dashes, take his dashes out, especially since they wouldn't do as a special mobility feature for someone so slow and clumsy.

5.Shouldn't Maki's B+HP be comboable? I'm just extra curious about that one.

6.Shouldn't Maki's F+HK, which clearly looks like be a juggle, be a true juggle?
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:24:25 pm by kkhohoho
#17  March 15, 2010, 11:02:02 pm
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
1.Karin can do super-jumps and small-jumps ala King of Fighters. I'm pretty sure you didn't intend for her to have those. --;

2.Some command attacks can't be done when at close range, and you can only do the close Heavy Normal instead. You should be able to use all command attacks at close range.

3.Maki is also able to do a super-jump, but not a small-jump. It makes sense for to have a SJ though, considering how agile she is. C.Viper has in SF4, so I suppose Maki could have it too, so long as hardly anyone else has one.

4.Hugo can forward dash and backdash. Unless you're planning to give everyone dashes, take his dashes out, especially since they wouldn't do as a special mobility feature for someone so slow and clumsy.

5.Shouldn't Maki's B+HP be comboable? I'm just extra curious about that one.

6.Shouldn't Maki's F+HK, which clearly looks like be a juggle, be a true juggle?

yeah some of that stuff i was going to change in time i just wanted to get the demo out so i kind of rushed it

I think the way EM20XX doing it is just fine. The gentlemen here are giving some very good feedback and i hope these suggestion will be helpful.
thanks im glad you enjoy my game i think once the game is 100% it will be fun for everyone i hope
#18  March 16, 2010, 01:19:37 am
1.Fei Long, in addition to the quick get-up, can do recovery rolls. o_O Since you don't want them, and since none of the other 13 characters can do them, you should really take it out.

2.Chun-Li's QBCx3+K should be QCBx2+K.

3.Yang can't really combo. I tried, but nothing works.

4.Yang's Close MK and B+HK look like juggles, and they send the opponent into the air, yet they can't hit them. These two attack need to be true juggles.

5.Yang's F+HK needs to have pushback, or it's useless.

6.The pitiful damage of Yang's supers really reinforces the fact the damage of supers needs to be increased. If you're looking for guidance as to how much damage they should do, look at King of Fighter's Supers, or SF4's supers, or most games that have supers. (Which is quite a lot.) Those supers do good damage without becoming overpowered. Why? Because you need to fill up the meter first. That's their weakness. In order to deal that high damage, you'll have to both take damage and dish it out to fill it up, the higher level the super you want to use, the longer you'll have to wait. So, I'm pretty sure that increasing the damage of the supers would be a very good, very vital thing to do. No offense.
Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:33:04 am by kkhohoho
#19  March 16, 2010, 02:42:43 am
1.Fei Long can't combo AT ALL. :( Fei Long is supposed to be good at comboing, so you really need to make sure he's able to combo. And when adding in your future characters, personally check them for their combo options. Try every Close-Range Normal and Command Attack that used to be a Close-Range Normal, and see that they either knockback, juggle, pushback a descent distance, or can combo into specials and supers. Although, with charge characters such as Dictator and Boxer, the comboing and juggling aspects might apply less, though that's when you'll really need to check for pushback and knockback. All of this will solve a lot of potential problems down the road. And, just in case, if you don't quite understand what I'm trying to get to you, feel free to ask. :)

2.Just found Cody's 4th move, QCB+K.

3.I just found the perfect example for comboing and Close-Range Normals and Close-Range Command Attacks; Cody. Every singe one of his CRN's and CRCA's either knockback, pushback a decent amount, or can combo into just about any of his moves. This is a very good Cody, and you'll want to closely follow it's code so you can learn from it, for the most part. You see, he's also able to combo his CRN's into his his CA's, (Command Attacks.) ala KOF. Whether you want to remove that feature or add it to all of the characters is up to you. Besides that though, play as Cody in your game, use his CRN's and CRCA's often, combo with him extensively, and learn from him. He should be the standard for the characters in your game.

4. Okay, there's just one small problem with Cody; he can't combo into his supers. Oh, and his Crouching HP launches like it's from MvC. So, fix those, but still do what I said earlier, while remembering what I told you even before that.

5.With the right timing, Eagle can combo his his Close HP or Close HK into his other normals, including his Far HP and Far HK, and even his Command Attacks. o_O This needs to be corrected.

6.Eagle can do a small jump. He can also dodge by pressing LP and LK together. Since this isn't CvS, these need to be taken out.

7.Bison: Other what I already said, (the projectile), I haven't found much wrong him him. The only thing I can suggest is to increase the pushback of his CRNA's and Command Attacks, since without that projectile, he won't able able to really combo, since his moves have always had charge motions. As such, he'll need the pushback to compensate.
Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:43:35 am by kkhohoho
#20  March 16, 2010, 03:55:25 am
Hugo: I won't list what I've already said about him, but I have found a few more things regarding him. He has 6 specials instead of 5. But I'm not saying reduce him to 4; instead, loosen up the limit a bit, especially since 4 moves only can be kind of restricting in some cases, such as the lack of Bision's teleport. Just do it like the creator of the Mugen project KOFE does: 4-6 moves per character. This way, certain characters can have all of their moves, while others who are lacking in moves (just two or 3), can still get at least one more. I strongly suggest this, and I'm betting there are plenty of others who would agree. (You still need to take out Bison's projectile though. ;))

So, I've tested all 14 characters pretty thoroughly by now. I'll try and see if I'm missing something, but I think I've covered all of the important stuff, and made clear some stuff that goes for all of the characters that needs to be worked on. Therefore, I think now is the time to use what I've suggested and pointed out, and make your game better. :)
Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:01:19 am by kkhohoho