YesNoOk

Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015 (Read 76336 times)

Started by Hien, May 26, 2015, 03:05:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015
#61  May 30, 2015, 09:15:00 pm
    • USA
This is going to take a while to perfect and finish. Took what you suggested Balth, it is much easier to animate if each frame is static. Perhaps less movement in the pants would suffice?

#62  May 30, 2015, 09:16:18 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Thats way better, before he looked like he was dancing that was really weird. Nice job man!

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#63  May 30, 2015, 09:17:42 pm
  • Not for sale
Nope, that was taken out, it's been out since about 3 releases ago.
Ah. Well, I've been waiting until I get my new computer to set up Mugen again. I'm running a piece of shit right now and I just don't care to do any gaming on it.
All the same, the concept was still there.

Anyway, like I said, it's just a personal preference of mine.
#64  May 30, 2015, 09:22:06 pm
  • Not for sale
This is going to take a while to perfect and finish. Took what you suggested Balth, it is much easier to animate if each frame is static. Perhaps less movement in the pants would suffice?

Perhaps tone down the movement on his bangs a little? It kinda looks like two spider fangs feeding on prey at the moment, lol. The animation is solid and smooth, though.
#65  May 30, 2015, 09:46:55 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Perhaps tone down the movement on his bangs a little
I totally agree here.

Btw, the way his feet are positioned, I think there shouldn't be any light touching them, I think they can be completely dark even. Maybe just a smudge of light on the tip of his front toe (the yellow bit (toe armor?).

I'm at a loss on how the pants animation could look better. Indeed it does look jello-y once XG mentioned it, but still, I don't think it looks that bad.
#66  May 30, 2015, 09:50:04 pm
I don't know if it is finished, but the animation would also need a bit of movement for his upper body: subtle clothes and arms movement.
That boots has a dark in-line/fold/crease, that could be made thinner.
#67  May 30, 2015, 10:19:06 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I think he should have a breathing animation. Not exactly as, for lack of a better term, "exaggerated" as Frieza's, but he could definitely use it. Stop showing off and quit holding your breath, Vegito :V
#68  May 31, 2015, 01:02:35 am
    • USA
Don't want to add a upper body breathing movement quite yet but I agree he seems too stiff up top perhaps some slight movement on his sleeve and arms? My main focus is how the pants should be animated. Trying to make it look less jello-y like each frame has the pants moving one pixel down slightly. I also toned down the bangs movement.

I'm currently at a huge loss on how the pants would be animated better  :blank:

Here's how it looks static

This is how I imagine it . Vegito non static floating up and down.
#69  May 31, 2015, 01:24:47 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Looks good, a change in the timing between frames would be great once you fill in the gaps. Like I said before:

Black Hatter said:
try putting the frame speed at 0.07 or 0.08. Works for all my animations. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
This is a generic forum signature.
#70  May 31, 2015, 03:44:41 am
    • USA

Definitely needs some fixing on the shading to make it look more fluid? Took your advice Black Hatter and added 0.08 frame speed to a few frames can't really tell too much of a difference but it does look a bit better.
#71  May 31, 2015, 03:48:12 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I'm not sure to understand why you are making him dance in air again. Maybe is it the bangs that makes it feel like that?

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States

HQ

#72  May 31, 2015, 03:49:24 am
Hien, can you please upload your images via imgur or any other page as I literally can't save any photobucket pic/animation & therefore can't help out animating here. I have an idea for some stance animation that I want to show you ;)
#73  May 31, 2015, 03:55:47 am
    • USA
Dance in air? Huh? :???: Well if its the bangs I gave it less movement from the previous animations I posted earlier. Since he's floating up and down his bangs are supposed to move like that.

Sure thing HQ here ya go.
http://i.imgur.com/7s2ttVp.gif

HQ

#74  May 31, 2015, 04:39:57 am
thanks ;)

idea #1:
(dont mind the quality, I had the fingers animated perfectly in a wave motion then ps crashed - fuck yeah mac yosemite and ps work like "charme") the finger motion could also be done backwards

idea #2 is currently being worked on ;)
Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:47:29 am by HQ
#75  May 31, 2015, 05:01:54 am
    • USA
Whoa good stuff HQ, I think I might use that in his idle stance rather than a walk/float back. I have an idea for his walking/floating backwards where he taunts the opponent as he's going back he's waving at them like "Come at me" kind of tone.

Hoping idea #2 has something to do with the pants lol I'm really stuck and lost on it here.
#76  May 31, 2015, 09:40:14 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3

The pants move backwards. As he's rising, the pants should be stretching further down his legs to accommodate gravity, and when he descends, they should rise because of air magic and stuff. Just looks weird to me with the pants stretching the same way he's moving. They should follow the pattern of the hair more, even though the hair seems to be moving up of its own accord as he's descending in his stance, just seems too sudden. Also, it may just be me, but the idle stance seems a bit fast. I would imagine floating like that would cause you to be moving a bit slower. Like driving in a straight line, slowly making small adjustments to stay as straight as you can, not like swerving all over both lanes trying to stay in yours.

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D

HQ

#77  May 31, 2015, 10:48:27 am
Whoa good stuff HQ, I think I might use that in his idle stance rather than a walk/float back. I have an idea for his walking/floating backwards where he taunts the opponent as he's going back he's waving at them like "Come at me" kind of tone.

Hoping idea #2 has something to do with the pants lol I'm really stuck and lost on it here.

Oh with the "played backwards" I meant that the animation could also be used starting the finger motion from the pinky instead of the index finger ;)

As for the general motion, I would not have him float and instead have him animated like that here:
maybe with even slighter animation at the legs - if you redraw the frames individually there it will look nice :) - also the hair should wave just like in your animation and not stop at the inhaling (like in my example - I simply put a second frame of it in there to prolong the timing of the animation)
Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:51:38 am by HQ
#78  May 31, 2015, 11:52:12 am
    • USA
Nice HQ, really digging the upper body movement. Although I'm not too sure about the legs and how they are animated like that, personally I like the idea of Vegito just staying in one point but your ideas won't go to waste because it looks like those bottom body animations could work well for transitions into his walking/floating backwards motion instead of an idle.

Here's what I've cooked up so far I made the hair less "windy" looking and I'm still trying to figure out the pants as well. Again I do think HQ that the upper body movement would work well though.

HQ

#79  May 31, 2015, 12:18:05 pm
great :) try using the upperbody movement and maybe have his finger animated every third animation circle :)

If you keep the lower legs like that, I'd also animate them a bit different - let's see what everybody else says & then I rework that pants animation (as currently they move the wrong way)
#80  May 31, 2015, 06:48:29 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3

This, with a bit of:

this upper body motion would be great, alongside the finger tapping that HQ mentioned. And I wouldn't change the legs too much, but maybe have them separate by like a pixel or two as he ascends, then come back together as he descends. Might make the animation look a bit less static as he's floating there. However, something about the way the pants move still bothers me. Maybe it's me being weird, but it still seems jerky compared to how I'd imagine things, now that the overall animation seems a bit slower, the pants still seem to move a bit suddenly. Like they raise up slightly after he starts moving downwards, and try to accommodate for the time they weren't moving

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D