YesNoOk

Once More, a Most Arbitrary MUGEN AI Tournament (Read 30610 times)

Started by SerbianYugoThief, July 03, 2019, 10:51:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Once More, a Most Arbitrary MUGEN AI Tournament
#21  July 19, 2019, 11:08:11 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
All the last minute changes are fine since I've been out of town the past week or so. I still have some testing to do before I formally begin.

Team Sweep Fighter

I honestly do hate to say it because I don't enjoy policing submissions, but I'm not sure I can pass any of these characters. I think they're all a little too oppressive.
#22  July 20, 2019, 04:42:12 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
All the last minute changes are fine since I've been out of town the past week or so. I still have some testing to do before I formally begin.

Team Sweep Fighter

I honestly do hate to say it because I don't enjoy policing submissions, but I'm not sure I can pass any of these characters. I think they're all a little too oppressive.

Yea I can see that, though I tend to go hard in with these mugen AI tournaments. I'm assuming you're looking for a replacement so.

Team "Less Oppressive"
1. JJBA Lilith by Yamori X
2. Kyoushirou by NRF
3. CvS Zangeif by warusaki AI patched by I forget
4. Dragon Claw by reubenkee AI patch by I forget
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xtl5frez3xylrbe/Team_%27%27Less_Opressive%27%27.rar/file 
#23  July 22, 2019, 08:24:57 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Yea I can see that, though I tend to go hard in with these mugen AI tournaments. I'm assuming you're looking for a replacement so.

Team "Less Oppressive"

Yeah, I gotcha. The point of course is to win and I definitely welcome strong characters, but I do want to avoid teams that just can't be contested. I like the team name and all these guys are a-okay.
#24  August 29, 2019, 05:07:52 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Is this dead?
#25  August 29, 2019, 05:40:54 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

#26  September 01, 2019, 01:20:40 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Yeah, sorry. Between going on vacation immediately after getting enough submissions, beginning a job search, and my usual recording blunders, it's finally here. Sorry if your team got decimated immediately; maybe next time I should intervene with RNG's placement of everyone's team to make the opening fights more fair.

Also I only now realized I forgot to include everyone's name. I might actually re-edit the video to include them (then again, I also might just list who's who in the description because these tournaments take nearly a full day to render, no exaggeration). Also holy fuck Cursor was such a mistake to allow and is definitely banned from here on out.
Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:56:55 am by SerbianYugoThief
#27  September 01, 2019, 01:55:01 am
I rate the MJ megadrive music choice !

Cool tourney, kinda  bummed seeing my team getting decimated by virgil and dante, oh well, next time.
#28  September 01, 2019, 03:07:43 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Good stuff noticed that Ryu kept cloning which is odd cause he never did my mugen.Broly was the one who cared the team in all the matches I had,Too bad he wasnt legendary enough maybe next time
#29  September 01, 2019, 03:11:07 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

i lost again i hope he does something about having only fair ai because of that wooden doll character by rick
#30  September 01, 2019, 07:51:06 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Of course I had to make it to Finals.... and lose, oh well I mainly blame Lilith for not even being able to take down fangore, (though at the same time I mainly picked her out of spite because of the response to my initial team) and zangief forgetting how to grab. Though I did win the first Arbitrary tournament so getting to finals with a stunted team isn't all that bad. I do love how Dragon Claw performed considering that AI patch is from 2004.

Good stuff noticed that Ryu kept cloning which is odd cause he never did my mugen.Broly was the one who cared the team in all the matches I had,Too bad he wasnt legendary enough maybe next time

That's because the AI patch was meant for an older version of evil ryu by vyn, also I remember being called out for a character parrying almost everything but this ryu got in which does pretty much that.

Ok, I'll replace him with god rugal http://www.mediafire.com/file/czmqg0obxczujiq/cvsg_rugal.rar

I assume you wanted me to use Yuki's AI patch included in the character folder? Unfortunately, after some testing, I'd have to veto that as well (the less perfect shield-addicted AI patch I'd be alright with).

BoyzBoyz version of broly is also quite the mess with it's unblockable supers, and years of invul though it pretty much never blocks any attack you throw at it... you just have to get through all the dumb shit first. Also I've noticed Azrael was doing some funky things like managing to OCV an entire team with something to cause opponents to do fuck and all to him. (but then getting flattened by H"s Iori among things) I'm sure there is some Blazblue mechanic that an AI could totally abuse that is doing that but I'm having severe doubts about such.

Sorry if your team got decimated immediately; maybe next time I should intervene with RNG's placement of everyone's team to make the opening fights more fair.

That or you could have a losers bracket as well but with the best two out of three setup it would probably take awhile.

Also holy fuck Cursor was such a mistake to allow and is definitely banned from here on out.

Yea, I was about to rage hard seeing mine and other peoples teams get fucked by default mugen AI because that character floats and has super armour.

#31  September 01, 2019, 08:10:15 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
whats fair AI? wooden dolls ai can hardly be called unfair compared to some of the stuff im seeing here lol

also nice, my team won, they were all mainstays from my old ai tourney streams lol
#32  September 01, 2019, 02:42:24 pm
    • Morocco
Nice tourney man! I've been unfortunate enough for my team to fight the joke chars,but hey at least im glad dante kicked some ass
#33  September 04, 2019, 08:31:12 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
they were all mainstays from my old ai tourney streams lol

Damn, that's cool to know. It's kinda neat knowing the winner has a legacy of sorts. I'd say next tournament I oughta make my team along similar lines, but that kinda was my team this time around (with Dink slapped in because I wasn't sure who else to pick and didn't want 100% repeats, so I went with another favorite of mine. I was also very close to picking Krookadile or Senator).

also I remember being called out for a character parrying almost everything but this ryu got in which does pretty much that.

BoyzBoyz version of broly is also quite the mess with it's unblockable supers, and years of invul though it pretty much never blocks any attack you throw at it... you just have to get through all the dumb shit first. Also I've noticed Azrael was doing some funky things like managing to OCV an entire team with something to cause opponents to do fuck and all to him. (but then getting flattened by H"s Iori among things) I'm sure there is some Blazblue mechanic that an AI could totally abuse that is doing that but I'm having severe doubts about such.

Yea, I was about to rage hard seeing mine and other peoples teams get fucked by default mugen AI because that character floats and has super armour.

I guess I didn't think it was as severe, or he gave me a deceptive first impression, or something to that effect. And yeah, Azrael was kinda nutty in hindsight. He probably could've carried the entire team the whole way if his AI were more consistent. I think that at the end of the day, though, a completely balanced MUGEN tournament is a relative impossibility. I ultimately do these for fun, anyway -- I just want teams to be contestable by enough of the others.

And I'm just glad my apparently gross fucking incompetence didn't rob the tourny of a proper victor. Still don't know what I was thinking. Just glad he didn't get completely out of control and that his opponents could handle him to some extent (Senryou was basically a hard counter, amusingly)
Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:59:54 am by SerbianYugoThief
#34  September 05, 2019, 03:51:01 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I guess I didn't think it was as severe, or he gave me a deceptive first impression, or something to that effect. And yeah, Azrael was kinda nutty in hindsight. He probably could've carried the entire team the whole way if his AI were more consistent. I think that at the end of the day, though, a completely balanced MUGEN tournament is a relative impossibility. I ultimately do these for fun, anyway -- I just want teams to be contestable by enough of the others.

And I'm just glad my apparently gross fucking incompetence didn't rob the tourny of a proper victor. Still don't know what I was thinking. Just glad he didn't get completely out of control and that his opponents could handle him to some extent (Senryou was basically a hard counter, amusingly)

It is kinda hard to balance a mugen tournament roster that's for sure. Hence why I've seen people have a closed roster setup where people just select characters that are the roster (like Mysterious0Bob's fake world tournament) since the host knows to an extent how the characters are going to behave. Even with my tournaments in the past I had to do some drastic measures with it especially with allowing Saber Alter by pre_to to be in it, but then realizing how broken the character was when it flattened a counter pick from someone I can't remember offhand's to said character even with the %300 life I had set it to. I had to retroactively ban the character and re-record the fights with the team with saber alter on it.

Yea I'm glad cursor didn't totally screw everyone over at the end of the day that's for sure.
#35  September 16, 2019, 05:50:28 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
It is kinda hard to balance a mugen tournament roster that's for sure. Hence why I've seen people have a closed roster setup where people just select characters that are the roster (like Mysterious0Bob's fake world tournament) since the host knows to an extent how the characters are going to behave. Even with my tournaments in the past I had to do some drastic measures with it especially with allowing Saber Alter by pre_to to be in it, but then realizing how broken the character was when it flattened a counter pick from someone I can't remember offhand's to said character even with the %300 life I had set it to. I had to retroactively ban the character and re-record the fights with the team with saber alter on it.

I might start doing that in the next tournament if necessary. I'd also absolutely do a closed roster tournament in that style if my roster was actually impressive to any degree, but I go without a lot of characters others might consider staples (all my street fighter characters, for instance, are joke edits or Reuben Kee's Evil Ken and Ryu, and also Alex, inexplicably).
#36  September 16, 2019, 10:49:34 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

I might start doing that in the next tournament if necessary. I'd also absolutely do a closed roster tournament in that style if my roster was actually impressive to any degree, but I go without a lot of characters others might consider staples (all my street fighter characters, for instance, are joke edits or Reuben Kee's Evil Ken and Ryu, and also Alex, inexplicably).

Yea, if anything having a roster with a bunch of recognizable characters (mugen related and such) would be ideal for closed roster situation. I tend to be more of a fan with the open roster myself considering people might want to choose a specific AI patch/character that isn't on the roster but It can be a headache trying to balance it out, hence why I tend to ask what the character controlled by the AI can't do (though this implies said person took a look through the character to see who their AI performs)