YesNoOk

Afterimage - New Character (Read 15553 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 30, 2019, 06:31:52 am
Share this topic:
Afterimage - New Character
#1  March 30, 2019, 06:31:52 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
AFTERIMAGE

Powers: Able to create short-term clones of himself, enhanced speed and endurance
Bio: Chris is a young man with a complicated family history with ties to the Maddigan family. He is a good person who operates on behalf of Maddicorp out of family loyalty.

This character has been a long time in the making. One of the members here, Chris20855, took an interest in SHADEs and pitched several characters for the series and this one stood out in particular. He is one of the earliest planned SHADEs 3 characters and it's awesome for me to finally work on him and see him in motion.

SCREENSHOTS

MOVESET

Command Normals

-3-Foot Kick - F+LK
   -A soccer-style kick that hits three times and causes launch state.

-Rerun Punch - F+HP
   -Performs a slower version of his HP accompanied by a clone for a heavy two-hit combo.

-Yoink! - D+S in midair
   -A clone grabs his leg and pulls him downwards, essentially canceling his jump.

Special Moves

-Running Man - DP+P
   -A clone runs forwards, and if it makes contact, HK version throws the opponent into the air for a juggle. If no juggle occurs, the throws itself does damage when the opponent hits the ground. LK version Irish Whips the opponent across the screen, causing no damage unless a combo occurs. The clone will eat a projectile but will dissipate. EX version attacks and then throws the opponent to the exact player's position, and will eat 1-hit projectiles without dissipation.

-Stunt Double - QCB+K
   -Creates a stationary clone that when hit causes a reversal state where the opponent is Irish whipped across the screen, allowing for a free combo. EX version holds the opponent in place, allowing more time for punishment.
     -Friendly Fire - Throw button near active Stunt Double clone - AI grabs the clone and flings him towards the opponent like a projectile

-Rumbling Guts - QCF+P
   -If HP is used, AI performs a half-screen dashing punch to the mid-section. LP version uses a clone to attack for quick, decent damage, leaving the real AI behind safely. HP version leaves a clone behind him while the real AI performs the punch for more damage and the potential for a follow-up, but way less safe. EX Version uses the clone for attack, and if it hits, the clone also follows up with the bulldog automatically.
    -Bulldog - QCF+P when HP version connects - follows up hit with jumping bulldog

-Leapfrog - QCF+K
   -Leapfrogs over a crouching clone and attacks with a very bro-like chest bump attack. LK performs a long range attack that can be followed up. HK performs an anti-air chest bump, and after the chest bump animation any aerial normal can be performed. EX version homes in on the opponent with an OH attack.
    -Evenflow - QCF+K when HK version connects - follows up hit with a sweet flying DDT

Super Moves

L1 - One-Man Tag Team - QCFx2+P
   -A Running Man throws the opponent into the air, where AI and a clone juggle them several times before he finishes with a massive brainbuster

L2- Just 2 Many - QCFx2+K
   -AI connects with a gut punch and follows with a flurry of attacks accompanied by many clones, and finishes with a huge haymaker

Desperation Move

-STAMPEDE! - QCFx2+S
    -AI knocks the opponent down with a kick before creating a huge stampede of clones that trample the opponent, and then finishes them off with a powerful jumping attack

UPDATE: I've updated the movelist to reflect some changes I've made during his creation. He's now kind of a mix between Noob Saibot, Chizuru and Blue Mary as far as gameplay goes.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:32:46 am by Sean Altly
Re: Afterimage - New Character
#2  March 30, 2019, 07:08:56 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh man, it's nice to see one of Chris' ideas being put into motion. After Image sounds like he would probably be SHADE's version of Noob Saibot.
#3  March 30, 2019, 08:57:46 pm
    • Argentina
So glad to see another character joining Shades! He's looking great!
#4  March 30, 2019, 09:01:24 pm
    • USA
Not as subtle as your other stuff, can’t unsee Shen.
#5  March 31, 2019, 08:26:57 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
AAAAAAAAAH! WE IN THERE!
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#6  March 31, 2019, 05:08:21 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
He looks pretty dope. Looks like a character I will have a lot of fun with.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  April 17, 2019, 11:45:16 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
More screens, character is about 75% sprited. Tried to vary his animation references more, changed a couple normals to try to make the Shen anims less obvious.

Intro, playing rock/paper/scissors with a clone (I know the stripes on his pants are missing here, just keep forgetting to fix it)

Standing HP (may change since the same anim is also being used for his standing throw)

3-Foot Kick

Rerun Punch

Standing Throw (he whips the opponent into a clone's clothesline)

Crouching HP

Jumping HP

Running Man

Running Man Grab

Running Man Throw

Rumbling Guts

Bulldog (follow-up to HP Rumbling Guts)

Taunt (he says "You're that one subject who like, sucks right?")

Win Pose (clones keep appearing, shaking hands and addressing each other as "Doctor")

Download Last Bout now!
#8  April 23, 2019, 02:22:42 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow, that is crazy. Love the creative flow of the character and the sprites are looking amazing!
Also just got to mention that the stage is pretty amazing! This is why I love your creations, Sean, they are unique, good looking, creative moveset and just screams fun!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#9  April 23, 2019, 03:49:09 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks, I've really been struggling to find resources for city-themed stages but I should have known Guy's various Alpha stages would help out a lot.

The character is coming along really fast, only 5-6 animations left.

Download Last Bout now!
#10  April 29, 2019, 11:29:40 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Here's a preview video. No voice yet, lol

Download Last Bout now!
#11  April 30, 2019, 08:06:11 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow, it looks pretty awesome! Love the playstyle.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#12  April 30, 2019, 08:09:59 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
I'm so hyped (and terrified) to see what Kamekaze does with him.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#13  April 30, 2019, 08:12:07 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Sean, did you had like an idea for how he sounds like?
#14  April 30, 2019, 10:09:40 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Chris20855 is doing the voice, working on implementing the sounds now.

Download Last Bout now!
#15  April 30, 2019, 10:46:33 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

DW

#16  May 02, 2019, 05:10:44 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Late, though regardless, I like what you got going on here. It like you fused together Chizuru with Angel/Shermie, and a bit of Sub-Zero lol. It a very cool concept. I think it'd be a bit better though, since he's working together with his clones and they are sentient themselves, that when he throws one, they do like a flying attack. Rather than just get hurled across like any inanimate object.

Also, a question: What's the move where he stands on a clone in the air for? Just propels him to the ground faster?
#17  May 02, 2019, 05:47:22 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks man, the reason they just get flung is honestly because it's funnier, and it makes them into a projectile more or less. This way they have an active hitbox the whole time they're flying, while if they did an attack in midair would limit when the move could/would connect. Although I guess he could be doing a flying kick or punch where the attack is extended the whole time they're in the air, which I didn't really think about.

And yes, the move you're talking about is "Yoink!" which is just a way for him to cancel his jump or the LK version of Leap Frog, good for baiting anti-airs or causing confusion.

Download Last Bout now!

DW

#18  May 03, 2019, 03:18:57 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, that's what I meant. Like they'll be doing a attack the whole time after getting thrown. Or maybe have like both? Could have the animation for when they're thrown randomize between actually doing a attack, or getting caught off guard and just getting chuck'd at  opponents.
#19  May 03, 2019, 05:41:20 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I'd consider it something more akin to what Noob does with his clones.