YesNoOk

[Edits] KOFE v0.75 is now out for +1.0!!!  (Read 25569 times)

Started by swipergod, November 08, 2009, 03:34:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [Edits] KOFE v0.75 is now out for +1.0!!!
#21  November 24, 2009, 02:51:13 am
no thanks or link mirror on your website? :(
#22  November 24, 2009, 11:05:19 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Sorry RaIN.  I'm all over the place these days.  Thanks a bunch for the upload to your site and for hosting the complete game with fix.  I've posted the link on my website.  :)  Cheers.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#23  November 28, 2009, 04:47:24 am
Sorry RaIN.  I'm all over the place these days.  Thanks a bunch for the upload to your site and for hosting the complete game with fix.  I've posted the link on my website.  :)  Cheers.

np mate :)

but umm, the link on your website links to another website with an error :o
#24  November 28, 2009, 07:22:11 pm
Thanks for letting me know.  I didn't use an absolute link so it was linking to my webserver (which doesn't have the fullgame download).  I've fixed it now. Cheers!  :sugoi:

#25  December 13, 2009, 07:58:11 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm currently testing all characters, one after the other. Feedback may take some time (damn, I still haven't finished testing SF2Nes --;).
Here's the beginning of the feedback, haven't found the time to test everything yet. Will come later (wait another month ;P).

- Why can we air guard ?
- Why not using the real names for the moves ?

Rugal :
- God End misses at close distance.
- Dark Barrier could benefit from the Fullgame effect, making him reflect the actual projectile's sprites (although keeping the coding as it is).
- Remake the CLSNs please, they're horrible. :gonk:
- I can juggle with basics (after Dark Barrier in the corner for example).
- I can jump over a downed opponent in the left corner of the stage.

Geese :
- You can base yourself on KOD's and Koopakoot's newly released Geese for the CLSNs and overall accuracy.
- I see Thunder Break is the unblockable version. IMO, since you chose the overpowered version of this move, I'd rather see it with the awful DB,HCB,DF motion than a simple QCF*2 one (then you'd have ot change rising storm too, obviously).

Iori :
- May just be me, but Deadly Flower feels very stiff. I'm having a hard time chaining the 3 versions fluently. On which KOF are you basing this move ?

Kyo :
- Missing required animation actions : 5210.

Saisyu :
- Darkness Sweep has shadow, whereas projectiles from other chars don't (e.g. Iori).

K' :
- Iron Trigger -> Second Shot misses in the corner.
- Hard version of Iron Trigger isn't supposed to launch as far as I recall.
- Typo in the readme for air trigger (I may have an outdated readme though). It's qcf+K and not qcb+P.
- Nightmare Drive causes debug flood because of "Invalid PalFX Color Value".
- I think it would look better if, when the opponent hits K' during Nightmare Drive, K' goes behind the opponent before auto-comboing him.

Kula :
- Missing required animation actions : 5210.
- Crouch CLSNs don't look accurate at all.
- Diamond Breath misses at close range (tested on Geese).
- Ain't I supposed to be able to chain Ray Spin into Crow Bites ?
- Light version of Crow Bites feels stiff and wrong, velocity wise (for Kula).
- Second attack of Attack Pattern: Foxy misses in the corner.
- Typo in the readme of Attack Pattern: Diana. It's done with P and not K.
- Attack Pattern: Diana misses at close range (tested on Geese).
#26  December 20, 2009, 04:20:21 pm
As usual, you have provided some excellent feedback so far Cybaster.  Thanks so much for plowing through the details.  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back.  It's been a really crazy December.

- I find air guard to offer another layer to the game.  Most DMs and anti airs cannot be airguarded, but I think it limits the effectiveness of projectile spammers.  Just think of it as a new mechanic.

- I've tried to accurately translate all moves.  It's just a consistency thing, since this game is for everyone, not just KOF fans. :)

- Animation 5210 is not used in KOFE, but I'll add it for consistency sake.

- You noted for most that jumping over in the corner is possible.  I'll look into it.  I thought the new version of mugen fixed this, but I guess I was wrong.  Something I can quickly add to common1.cns though, so no sweat. [E] passed along a fix for this.

Rugal:

- God End Missing at close distance is intentional.  The move is very overpowered already, so the player needs to be about a step away for it to connect.
- The projectiles right now could be considered placeholders.  I'm waiting to see if elecbyte implements a reflect system for projectiles or until I've completed the game and I have a list of the entire projectile set.  I want to be careful though since I don't want moves like Kaiser Wave to be reflectable.
- CLSNs suck, I know.  X-File's doing.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to switch the sprites over to Ahuron's O. Rugal since that's more "Boss Rugal"-ish.  Either way, it'll be a bit of work to replace the air.   I'll put it on my list of things to do for v0.8.
- Will correct juggle.

Geese:
- I'm looking at Vans shirtless geese right now too.  There will be some revisions coming.
- There are other ways of balancing the move if it seems to overpowered.  I could add a delay or remove his nothitby advantage.  The move's randomness already makes it less reliable then the version I plan for Rock.

Iori:
- I actually used that command base for other linking follow ups like Krauser's and Jhun's.  Let me know if you find those stiff as well.  Might mean that I'll have to increase the input time.

Saisyu:
- I need to be more consistent with effects in general.  Transparencies, shadows.  I think my decision was that projectiles shouldn't have shadows, so I'll remove the one Saisyu has.  Thanks.

K:
- Noted second shot miss.  Will fix.
- The launch was done on purpose.  IIRC in KOF it's the jab version that actually knocks down, but I made it the fierce knockdown instead to be consistent with other characters where fierce is normally the knockdown.
- Will fix typo.  Thanks!
- Nightmare drive will be getting a facelift.  I'll take your suggestion into account.  I think the debug flood could be caused by a var trigger that continues beyond the limits of the Palfx' scope.

Kula:
-  CLSNs are from CCI.  He's usually on the ball, so I didn't even think to check.  I'll look into it and correct.
-  I will look at diamond breath in KOF.  I think the fierce one is supposed to miss up close, but I could be wrong.  Jab one should always connect.
- weak spin ray -> slide -> crowbites works.  The fierce spinray was limited to maintain Kula's balance.
- Will look into light crowbites.  Couldn't find a Kula out there with a more accurate light version.  I'll assess KOF and fix as required.  Thanks.
- Attack patterns noted.  I'll revise their behavior.  One of them was supposed to miss up close.  My feeling is it was Foxy, but I haven't played Kula in awhile so I'll have to look into it.

Thanks for all the feedback Cybaster!  I'll patiently wait for more.  This is a really big help in catching stuff I don't normally find.  v0.8 should be a really tight game!