YesNoOk

Saitama One-Punch Man (Read 204290 times)

Started by Hien, September 18, 2015, 10:09:34 am
Share this topic:
Saitama One-Punch Man
#1  September 18, 2015, 10:09:34 am
    • USA
Not sure where I should've put this but since I'm still doing a couple animations before it's done I figured it would go here. Just a small little fun project I started today and this is what I have so far. I'm almost done just one more animation to finish and that will be it then I will go searching for a coder. Not sure if many of you know of One-Punch Man, basically he's a hero as a hobby (then later becomes a professional hero) and he defeats all his opponents in one punch.

Sprite Style
- I'm going for something similar to CvS-ish but I'm trying to make the animations look super quick and super fast (I think it fits his character well since he's crazy overpowered). In his serious serious punch attack I'll make the sprite style more defined and "serious" because the manga does a big art style change from goofy to serious.

One Punch

Serious Serious Punch

Gameplay
- My idea on his gameplay is he's meant to play against not play as basically I think he fits better as a boss character because Saitama is a overpowered character in One-Punch man, meaning I don't want any get hit animations for Saitama instead he will just take hits in his idle stance not being fazed by them at all. After a several amount of damage he takes he attacks the opponent with either his One Punch or Serious Serious Punch (if he has 3 bars of meter). He will automatically build meter during the match but if you continuously attack him his meter will go deplete. You will not be able to dodge his attacks as they will instantly K.O you no matter what.

He will not be able to be grabbed so if you attempt to grab him he just throws a jab at you and you are instantly K.O'ed. Serious Serious Punch is a instant K.O tracking attack either appearing in front of you or behind but he only remains on the ground meaning you can dodge this attack by timing your jumps.

How will he be defeated in a match?
Constantly attack him but be cautious if he takes a certain amount of damage he will counter attack you with either his normal one punch or his serious serious punch. Any attack he throws out will instantly K.O you. You will be able to tell when he will counter attack as I will make a little icon above his head indicting that he's getting ready to attack so it will either be a sweat drop to show how bored and lame he thinks you are or an angry vein icon to show how annoyed he is with this fight.
Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:55:59 am by Hien
Re: Saitama One-Punch Man
#2  September 18, 2015, 03:05:55 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice love those sprite
dunno about the mechanic I feel he could be play as a normal character
maybe he could not use all is strengh like that time against the alien invader boss
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:10:02 pm by City_Hunter
#3  September 18, 2015, 05:09:30 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Saitama holding back is still retardedly overpowered compared to your average fg character. Making him an overpowered joke/boss character is a nice way to keep the essence of the manga.
#4  September 18, 2015, 05:42:31 pm
  • Passing Through
I recall him being knocked down a few times, but he's still generally unfazed. Probably something to note. If he gets "beaten" he'll probably just get back up like nothing happened. Also, are you basing this on only what he did in the Murata version, or are you also going to note the stuff from the original webcomic version?
#5  September 18, 2015, 05:43:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If he's beaten just have him get bored and walk away or have him still 1 punch you and walk away :P
#6  September 18, 2015, 05:49:54 pm
no need to be very strict with the lore.
i recall reading here that coders should think of mugen as a crossover universe where every character is equal.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#7  September 18, 2015, 05:52:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I say the better approach would be to complete the project in it's current intention as a boss/joke character. Then if he wants to continue spriting he can move on to a more universal Saitama.

Since he's building him from scratch the workload may be a good reason behind the direction he wishes to present the character.
Currently he doesn't have to make a hundred sprites.
#8  September 18, 2015, 08:20:17 pm
    • USA
I recall him being knocked down a few times, but he's still generally unfazed. Probably something to note. If he gets "beaten" he'll probably just get back up like nothing happened. Also, are you basing this on only what he did in the Murata version, or are you also going to note the stuff from the original webcomic version?

I'll be basing this off what he does in Murata's version of the manga. I remember him being knocked down a few times as well but since I want Saitama to show off he's an extremely overpowered character I won't have him being knocked down.

If he's beaten just have him get bored and walk away or have him still 1 punch you and walk away :P

I like that idea having him walk away thanks for the idea well thats one more animation to add :P

no need to be very strict with the lore.
i recall reading here that coders should think of mugen as a crossover universe where every character is equal.

Well Just No Point pretty much said it all for me lol, there really is no point in making Saitama a universal character right now. Having him as a boss/joke character is how I see it for now at least since it's only a small fun project of mine.
#9  September 18, 2015, 08:28:09 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Alternate ideas for his lose animation.

He gets a phone call and starts walking away talking.

Have his intro with him holding a bag of groceries and sits them down. When he loses he could start to punch the winner but a dog runs in and grabs his bag so he has to give chase. Or his bag falls over and his eggs fall out so he has to go buy more eggs.

He could chase a mosquito.

King could run in with a new game so they could go play it.

His win animation should just be the single sadness/boredom he always gets of course.

Edit: another lose animation:
Have Genos fall in front of Saitama and say he'll deal with this. OPM walks away as Genos enters a fight stance. "Ready" "Fight!" As if a new fight is starting and the screen fades to black
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:52:25 pm by Just No Point
#10  September 18, 2015, 08:57:01 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
^Those are awesome ideas

It'd be fun to give him a special intro against monsters or boss characters. Something simple like having Saitama run to the secene while a little a demon/tiger/god disaster level box pops up over the enemy.
#11  September 19, 2015, 01:29:37 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Make the Genos-related pose look like the intro with Chun-Li, Yamazaki, and Hon-Fu. :P
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:00:29 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#12  September 19, 2015, 10:50:30 am
  • God's Tongue
  • SEA (South East Asia)
This shaolin guy remind me this.

#13  October 02, 2015, 06:53:00 am
    • USA
Been busy with a few things but I finished this. So He's pretty much complete in terms for gameplay, now all that is left is the intros for Saitama. Also some emotions showing his annoyance or anger during the fight.

@Just No Point: Those are some great ideas but for now I think I'll use the Genos falling in after a lose and Saitama walking in the fight with his groceries and dropping them, for now at least.
#14  October 22, 2015, 09:08:52 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
if you are looking for a coder, im ur guy (hopefully)....this guy is so ridiculous! i love it. just finished watching episodes and ive come to the conculsion that this is the best anime ive ever seen. looking at these sprites brought a tear to my eye. simply beautiful. keep up the amazing work.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#15  October 23, 2015, 02:11:04 am
Do note that saitama is also very fast. He demonstrated a super where he did side step hops that were so fast that the momentum blast defeated sonic.

He also has the consecutive normal punches move

Not to mention, also the ability to dodge and dance around enemy moves

U could add in comic elements like him saying 'Ok' after getting hit and not being hurt. Theres so many things u can do with this really.
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:14:33 am by BoyBoyz
#16  October 23, 2015, 02:21:28 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
if you are looking for a coder, im ur guy (hopefully)....this guy is so ridiculous! i love it. just finished watching episodes and ive come to the conculsion that this is the best anime ive ever seen. looking at these sprites brought a tear to my eye. simply beautiful. keep up the amazing work.

Oh my God, Hien please consider this collaboration, you will not be disappointed with the results.

Other than that, I like how the serious punch turned out. Eager for more.
#17  October 23, 2015, 03:04:56 pm

imho the 6th frame looks out of place, it suddenly changes the direction of his punch.

It looks great without it.
Eventually just add another frame for the cape instead.

The 6th frame could work as an alternate punch, just without the dash.
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:10:43 pm by Rai Tei
#18  October 24, 2015, 04:50:53 am
    • USA
@DJ_HANNIBALROYCE: Not sure if ya got my PM I'm having major issues with MFG on Firefox for some reason. I'm definitely interested in working with ya man. I'll PM ya again too see if you get this one.

@Rai Tei: The 6th frame you mentioned was actually supposed to be the frame that the punch is paused on but I might change the head in there so hes facing the player with a creepy face or just remove it entirely.

I haven't touched the Genos crashing in win pose but all emotions and comic/manga book effects are finished. If i get to see Saitama in action in MUGEN it will probably give me more drive to add a little bit more fun things to Saitama but again he's just a fun boss character.
#19  October 24, 2015, 04:53:15 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hien + DJHANNIBALROYCE = :flipout: :flipout: :flipout: :flipout:

Cannot wait to see what you have in store. :D
#20  October 24, 2015, 01:32:59 pm
@Rai Tei: The 6th frame you mentioned was actually supposed to be the frame that the punch is paused on but I might change the head in there so hes facing the player with a creepy face or just remove it entirely.

I actually thought that was a possibility, because that fits the character.
But somehow it didn't work out, for me at least.
Adding a slight delay to that 6th frame or another frame to stop before the punch might help.
Changing the face should help imply that he's not serious as well :P

Well anyways, good luck.
Looking forward to  this.