YesNoOk

Super Cosplay War Ultra on MUGEN: ripping Alex (Read 4262 times)

Started by Peter B. Parker, February 14, 2014, 05:06:59 am
Share this topic:
Super Cosplay War Ultra on MUGEN: ripping Alex
#1  February 14, 2014, 05:06:59 am
  • B. is for Basara, of course
  • For 16 years, the one and only Basara-kun!!
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

OK, I started with the manual ripping from this cool and obscure doujin game for MUGEN. And I started with one of my mains in this game: Alex, the Power Ranger cosplayer. I already got a lot of screenshots of him which I'm ripping manually (MAME style), and I'll be giving you some gifs of him, as well making the list with all the moves I got ripped and addeds to SFF. OK, this is what I got until now (the list will be grown when I got the things done):
-Stand *GIF*
-Walk
-Jump
-Stand Punch 1
-All gethits *NEW*
-Crouch *NEW*
-Dash and backdash *NEW*
-Stand Kick 1 *NEW*

About MUGEN, I'm ensembling the SFF and AIR with the sprites I got ripped in the moment, as well done his 12 palettes (6 from the game and 6 cosplaying other famous guys). I'll use this thread to show you my advances on this area (Alex by now, maybe others chars too), as well gif gifts to all of you ;) stay tuned, people!!
Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:51:34 am by Dalek Basara
Re: Super Cosplay War Ultra on MUGEN: ripping Alex
#2  February 14, 2014, 10:21:22 pm
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
Nice progress so far. Was wondering when someone would make more of the characters from SCWU. Now if only I could rip the sprites for beefy astro boy. -.-
#3  February 14, 2014, 10:29:23 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
There was a tool to extract sprites from FM2nd's games, it was released around the time Vanguard Princess was released.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#4  February 15, 2014, 02:21:00 am
    • Chile
I already have it, but doesn't work on this game, I don't know why. And because that I'm using the old-school way to rip those sprites, probably I've to use other sparks and even new voices for him and the others from SCWU I want to make
#5  February 15, 2014, 03:53:30 am
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
#6  February 17, 2014, 02:47:57 pm
    • Chile
Nice progress so far. Was wondering when someone would make more of the characters from SCWU. Now if only I could rip the sprites for beefy astro boy. -.-
It's not so hard as I thought, if you know how to rip sprites from MAME (manual way, without shot factory nor Artmoney), then you won't have problems, just need AnimGet and the image editor of your preference (I use Paint Shop Pro, it's the best with pixels IMO). There, here's a sprite I ripped of Astroman Z ;)
#7  February 23, 2014, 01:12:42 pm
  • lets go
    • a_task@outlook.com
super cosplay war is one of the most amazing doujins out there  glad that some one is ripping some sprites out of this masterpiece   
#8  April 23, 2014, 04:58:01 am
    • Chile

ALL GETHITS ARE RIPPED AND READY!!
Also, the rest of the basics are also finished: crouch, dash, backdash and his normal kick. And the stand also has a couple of sprites I didn't noticed, the ones where Alex blinks during the pose, which also were ripped and added to his stand

Well, all basics are finished. Now making his combo moves (where he cosplays MMPR) and making a palette for them to be added to SFF ;)