YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2635277 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8421  July 28, 2017, 08:13:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
The ones responsible for the game being the way it is lies in whole to the creators of Mighty Number 9.
#8422  August 06, 2017, 08:04:08 am
#8423  August 06, 2017, 04:49:06 pm
    • USA
I don't know why people are reacting to this just now. It was obvious that the game had loot boxes the moment the store page went live on steam several months ago. The most expensive versions clearly stated that you were going to get some loot boxes with them.
#8424  August 07, 2017, 12:32:49 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I don't know why people are reacting to this just now. It was obvious that the game had loot boxes the moment the store page went live on steam several months ago. The most expensive versions clearly stated that you were going to get some loot boxes with them.

Because people just love to whine, bitch and moan about every thing about games anymore. It's easier to do that then to accept what they're doing.
#8425  August 07, 2017, 02:50:07 am
Or maybe it's because they just made an announcement about it, and people don't pay attention to super deluxe editions because they're never going to buy them? Jesus christ.
#8426  August 07, 2017, 03:22:16 am
    • USA
Or maybe it's because they just made an announcement about it, and people don't pay attention to super deluxe editions because they're never going to buy them? Jesus christ.

They're not going to buy the loot boxes either yet they're complaining anyway...

Because people just love to whine, bitch and moan about every thing about games anymore. It's easier to do that then to accept what they're doing.

I'm fine with the bitching really, this is just bullshit. Even if you don't cave in with the loot boxes they still affect you because the game was designed to make you want to buy them. I believe in speaking with your wallet but you can only do so much when others ruin it for everybody.

At least with Deus Ex Mankind Divided they offer nothing really unique and the MTs were added quite late in development to the point of not really affecting the game's design and overall balance. I don't think I can expect the same from anything developed by Warner Bros.
#8427  August 07, 2017, 10:07:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#8428  August 10, 2017, 08:26:37 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#8429  August 10, 2017, 08:32:25 pm
Winner of more than 200 “Best Of” awards – including the 2016 BAFTA and 2016 D.I.C.E. Game of the Year – Fallout 4 is the studio’s most ambitious game yet.

Umm....
#8430  August 19, 2017, 12:35:27 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

Coming out march 20th next year.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#8431  August 19, 2017, 03:31:55 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dad Simulator 6 looks great
Winner of more than 200 “Best Of” awards – including the 2016 BAFTA and 2016 D.I.C.E. Game of the Year – Fallout 4 is the studio’s most ambitious game yet.

Umm....
It won only 3 GOTY and iirc all of those were year after it got released,im suprised they even count
But if Todd didn't name it GOTY he would have probably gotten bullied again
#8432  August 21, 2017, 11:38:51 pm

age of empires IV announced
#8433  August 22, 2017, 03:56:33 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Shenmue 3 first teaser trailer

This made my day.
#8434  August 22, 2017, 04:01:06 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
So much love for detail...in everything but the main characters' models  :(
#8435  August 22, 2017, 04:05:34 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I actually interpreted that as intentional, it somehow gives a sense of familiarity to the Dreamcast models.  Which is...strangely enjoyable?

I rarely touch Kickstarter, but this game was one of the few things I did participate in.  Been following its trail of e-mail news, and this just makes me happy.  Not overly hyped, not disappointed, just happy this is getting finished.  Shenmue wasn't ever a perfect game series, but it had heart.

However, I would like some actual gameplay next trailer, yeah?
#8436  August 22, 2017, 04:29:43 am
    • USA
Barely any face animations, so the scenes look like shit really.
#8437  August 22, 2017, 04:42:56 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I actually interpreted that as intentional, it somehow gives a sense of familiarity to the Dreamcast models.  Which is...strangely enjoyable?
Thing is, Shammu's models were the finest money could buy 18 years ago. It's kinda sad seeing the most baroque of videogame series on such a limited budget now, but I guess it's better than nothing.
#8438  August 22, 2017, 05:14:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't know, maybe I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.  This also isn't a final build trailer I'd presume, if they're still slated for late 2018.  But if there were, say, a Perfect Dark revival (Which I seem to recall Rare swearing there will be after this pirate game of theirs...), I would not complain if they had static faces as well.

...Granted, that's a different deal, and playing into that and making it a more obvious reference to cyber links from Ghost in the Shell would actually be pretty damn awesome.  Though they'd need to physically talk at some point, I suppose.

It's funny though.  The comparison that what they have now is a limited budget, yet they still made Kickstarter history with the highest amount of donations made for a video game.  I guess $6.3 million doesn't go as far as it used to.
#8439  August 22, 2017, 05:25:17 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I remember reading somewhere that if you adjusted for inflation Shenmue 1 cost something like 70 million dollars, so I really wonder what the final product is going to end up being.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#8440  August 22, 2017, 07:57:16 am
Personally, I'm content with having recently discovered Yakuza and I don't really see the appeal of this? Maybe I'll change my mind as I see more of the game, but as-is it doesn't seem like it has a lot to offer me. I didn't play the earlier games, maybe that's part of it.