YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2432508 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12301  June 22, 2019, 08:18:22 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I was considering registering to Crunchyroll but enver actually did because Torrents are better but I still thought it might be convient at some point.

So, what exaclty sucks about Crunchyroll?

... aside from a shitty player, less content now that Funimation removed some shows and the fact that they used the money that is supposed to "support the people making the chinese cartoons" to fund their own "tumblr - the animation". And probabbly a shitty userbase and administration because anime fans are the scum of the earth (I don't know if this is true or not and havne't realy looked into it but i'm taking a shot in the dark and I'm 98.5% sure I'd be correct).
#12302  June 22, 2019, 10:14:12 am
so i decided not to renew my sub on crunchyroll cause they suck ass anyway what streaming site do you guys use?
www 9anime dot nl
it has a big collection and it doesn't have an anti ad blocker.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#12303  June 22, 2019, 10:20:50 am
I was considering registering to Crunchyroll but enver actually did because Torrents are better but I still thought it might be convient at some point.

So, what exaclty sucks about Crunchyroll?

... aside from a shitty player, less content now that Funimation removed some shows and the fact that they used the money that is supposed to "support the people making the chinese cartoons" to fund their own "tumblr - the animation". And probabbly a shitty userbase and administration because anime fans are the scum of the earth (I don't know if this is true or not and havne't realy looked into it but i'm taking a shot in the dark and I'm 98.5% sure I'd be correct).

100% correct ... the player still sucks , you can't go back 5 secs it'll rebuff the whole video again if you do. i don't care about their original "anime" shows as long as they don't fucking pester me with it's ads.

and i haven't been watching any shows lately i think 3 - 4 seasons ago cause of crunchyroll's stupid player. any recommendations what to watch?

so i decided not to renew my sub on crunchyroll cause they suck ass anyway what streaming site do you guys use?
www 9anime dot nl
it has a big collection and it doesn't have an anti ad blocker.

i might try and watch some later.

best mother fucking anime is back. b1 vs s35 who's the best duck. and i love that they made the french team hates each other. i didn't know that the french was like italy back in the day where south and north are on each other's neck.

sad to see the anime will conclude they haven't even introduce the norwegian school and the other french team.
Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 04:22:26 pm by 地獄の花
#12304  June 25, 2019, 04:28:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
next season, in netflix's run of attack on titan:

#12305  July 20, 2019, 04:41:54 pm
Netflix's Saint Seiya is out. Full of weird surprises.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:50:43 pm by Byakko
#12306  July 25, 2019, 03:10:11 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
3d rocks!
#12307  September 05, 2019, 01:49:15 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
what yall been reading recently? the scans for the final chapters of yugami san, barakamon and boarding school juliet finally came out, so im finished with those and am looking to pick up some new series. yugami/barakamon were SOL, and boarding school juliet was just really badly written romance shounen, but i think i will miss all three.

currently im really liking

dolkara
kengan omega
to you, the immortal
mahou tsukai no yome
chainsaw man
beastars
promised neverland
cigarette and cherry
golden kamui
jigokuraku
kaguya sama wants to be confessed to
#12308  September 05, 2019, 03:00:59 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
There's a lot of stuff I'm "reading" but haven't caught up to because of a year long internet outage making me too lazy to catch up, but the stuff I'm currently keeping up with (or at least trying to) is:
  • Saki
  • Girls und Panzer: Ribbon Warrior
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Structures
  • Baikoku Kikan (the translation needs to update faster.)
  • Yozakura Quartet
  • Ragna Crimson
Whenever I get around to it, I want to read the Getter Robo stuff because I've gotten real interested in the series lately, and all of the recent Index stuff makes me want to get back on Railgun/Accelerator.
beastars
What's this about btw. I've seen it mentioned a few times because of the upcoming anime.
#12309  September 05, 2019, 04:07:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
What's this about btw. I've seen it mentioned a few times because of the upcoming anime.

I know it's furry and that puts me off a lot, like I don't even rad furry yuri; the only furry I have started and finished is the vietnam one.

I want to remember the name of the sol anime where one of the girls is a puppet and the puppeteer is always accompanying the girls.

and I googled that phrasing and got it right away, thanks google for improving your algorythm.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3104
#12310  September 05, 2019, 07:49:06 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
What Im currently reading :

-Gintama (Last chapter came out this year so Im finally finishing it)
-Blade of the immortal Bakumatsu (Pretty sick samurai manga not more to say only 4 chapter out atm)
-Berserk (Every 3 years when a new chapter comes out)
-One Piece (There a new chapter every week so its pretty easy to catch on)
-One Punch Man
-Samurai 8 (Not a huge fan atm but it might get better later on)
-Boruto (Its actually not bad Im still not huge fan of the new vilain but man its easily the best version of Sasuke)
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#12311  September 05, 2019, 11:44:37 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
There's a lot of stuff I'm "reading" but haven't caught up to because of a year long internet outage making me too lazy to catch up, but the stuff I'm currently keeping up with (or at least trying to) is:
  • Saki
  • Girls und Panzer: Ribbon Warrior
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Structures
  • Baikoku Kikan (the translation needs to update faster.)
  • Yozakura Quartet
  • Ragna Crimson
Whenever I get around to it, I want to read the Getter Robo stuff because I've gotten real interested in the series lately, and all of the recent Index stuff makes me want to get back on Railgun/Accelerator.
beastars

beastars is a shonen but everyone is anthromorphic. it plays upon the nature of carnivores and herbivores trying to coexist in a world much like earth, and the consequences of carnivores giving into their bloodlust, as well as interspecies marraige and hybrid animals, the underworld, etc.

if u can get past the fact they are animals its super compelling, in fact its one of the best manga currently in publication, and i myself usually dislike furry stuff. it is a good enoygh story that it is not bogged down by the "furry" aspect and instead deftly woves in the idea of animal biology and interaction into a story about coming of age, forbidden love, and crime solving.

its not super sexualized at all, which really helps.

@GTOakira: the pacing of Samurai 8 is all weird and there is not enough character development besides the main guy, but it does feel like classic Naruto which I like to see out of Kishimoto after the mess that was Naruto Part 2's final arcs.
Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:48:18 pm by Umezono
#12312  September 06, 2019, 02:05:28 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Reading:
Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc
Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen

Maybe when the first season of Kimetsu no Yaiba anime ends, I'll start reading the manga.
It's a cool story and it has swordsmanship, so I'll try it.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#12313  September 06, 2019, 03:09:40 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
if u can get past the fact they are animals its super compelling, in fact its one of the best manga currently in publication, and i myself usually dislike furry stuff. it is a good enoygh story that it is not bogged down by the "furry" aspect and instead deftly woves in the idea of animal biology and interaction into a story about coming of age, forbidden love, and crime solving.
I don't mind the furry thing as I'm generally indifferent about that kind of stuff but it does sound interesting. I'll probably check out the anime when it starts next month and go from there.
#12314  September 06, 2019, 03:37:19 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Reading:
Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc
Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen

Maybe when the first season of Kimetsu no Yaiba anime ends, I'll start reading the manga.
It's a cool story and it has swordsmanship, so I'll try it.

KNY manga is pretty good. No noticeable drops in quality as time as gone on.
#12315  September 07, 2019, 04:07:27 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I'm not a reader type, I've always preferred the animations (for obvious reasons), but in the case of KnY, I don't think I'll have the patience to wait for season two. Besides, it's a good way to practice English.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#12316  September 24, 2019, 12:27:58 am
    • USA
Anyone in here keeping up with Houseki No Kuni or Shingeki No Kyojin?
#12317  September 24, 2019, 01:13:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
SnK, yes, more or less.

I got up to date wiht lord el melloy, kind of feel like recomending it to some people, but to watch it properly one needs to watch fate zero first, but fate zero ruins fate havens feels , so one needs to watch heavens feels, but the one ruins both ubw and stay knight, so one has to watch those first as well, and since lord el melloy has caulses and luvia one has to watch apocrypha and prisma illya as to fully apreacite it. thankfully I have alreayd watched all of them, even the tsukihime anime that is necessary to apreciate the last arc of the first season of lord el melloy.
#12318  October 02, 2019, 01:19:00 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I watched Lord El-Melloi II and was happy that we were finally getting some sweet expanded TYPE-MOON-verse shenanigans.

It started fine, but it quickly lost me. It was supposed to be a mystery show but every solution wasn't one of the pre-established alternatives but rather a completely random 3rd party that had not been hinted at before followed by some convoluted explanation on magic that only makes sense to the people of that universe but not the viewer and we are expected to understand what the fuck is going on.

On top of that, we get yet another Saber-clone and aside from previously established characters we also get some dollar-bin-light-novel-side-characters. And one of them is the most annoying TYPE-MOON fuck ever, and of course, he is voiced by fucking Kirito on crack!!

In short, it was meh, and most of the time I wasn't sure what the hell was going on and the last arc only depressed me since we'll probably never get the Tsukihime remake.

In an unrelated topic; I started watching Granbelm ready to drop it like a sack of rocks before the 1st episode even ended but I ended up really liking it and watched the whole thing.

This is the only Not-Madoka show I've liked since... well, Madoka. The only other one that came close was Yuuki Yuuna which was kinda alright. I never cared for anything after the original show until the prequel aired on TV. And after that story was done I was like "yeah, it was alright" and then I noticed it was still going and I was like "no, thank you".
#12319  October 02, 2019, 04:27:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I liked  Waver-doo; but for me it was more of a spoof of the mistery genre than a real mistery ( a wizard did it!). Ever since I looked up info about rongo in the typemoon wikia and normie wikipedia I have been interested in grey.

As far as this season goes I have only been able to watch that one and the christian cartoon Vinland Saga; got stuck watching yuno, so I will finish that one too. The next season is already starting, tho, so I will make a classical "opinion on what shows I might watch next season".

Hiroaka: Will watch it, it always airs in weekends so that helps. we will get another arc with my favorite character, toga; though we still won't get ther big bisexual hidden powers spoilers.

SAO: same situation as yuno was watching but got stuck, I won't watch this until I get up to date with the previous season.

shokugeki no soma. I am one season behidn too, I still ahve no intention to get up to date unlike yuno and sao.

Psycho pass 3: will watch; It's gonna air weird, with one hour lng episodes but there will only be 7.

FGO giri giri giri giri gilgamesh! will watch.

Kono yuusha: Isekai comedy, will try to watch, I read the chapters of the manga that are out, and it falls in this sweet spot where the manga is fun but too slow, so being made into an anime just helps. then again I said the same thign about mom isekai and ended up not watching it, but hey, the mc here is named seiya.

beastars: I have heard good things about the manga, still won't watch, tho.

Ore wo suki : might watch, I read a bit of the manga and liked the premise, but I have no idea if it will do anythign interested once it's done with the first arc.

chojin koko: another isekai, most likely a pass. I might have watched in a less busy season.

high score girl ii:  see shokugeki no soma.

Watashi noryuku. If I end up watching two slice of life shosw, this will be the second one. it's supossed to be an isekai, but it reads like a slice of life anyway.

Kemono Michi: slice of life isekai with wrestlers, must watch, adn that was before I even knew it was written by the same person that wrote konosuba.

Val X Love: nice fanservice show, won't watch untl bds are out, iirc atx ahs it listed withotu parental lock so it will be censored.

[EDIT]
completely forgot that obsolete by urobuchi gen airs this season too.
Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 09:39:10 pm by Bastard Mami
#12320  October 18, 2019, 05:43:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Mushoku tensei first trailer is finally out; I was not really expecting this show to get budget and it looks like it will cover all of rudy's childhood so I am expecting for two coeurs.