YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17345231 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2041  February 10, 2019, 05:39:35 pm
    • Germany
My Theorie on the Megaman Death Battle is, that it is some kind of Simulation, if it's not a Simulation then Megaman.Exe is in a real disadvantage even with a copybot body if I'm not mistaken, because they are far more limited then Real Robot Masters Like Megaman and X.

I guess that X or the original Megaman will win this, because they have a more versatile arsenal with all the Robot Master weapons and there ability to copy the weapon systems of there enemys, an ability that all the other versions of Megaman don't have as far as I know.

Even if the other Megaman are able to down X or the Original Megaman, they can't copy there weapons, but X for example could load the Weapondata of his defeated predecessor into his systems, and who knows how powerfull some of the classic weapons could become in the hands of X, or what kind of powerboost the original Megaman could get if he was able to copy the Data of X.

The only thing is, I'm realy unsure about the Power of Star Force Megaman, I know almost nothing about him Except that he is able to exist in the normal world because of the special way he is created.
#2042  February 10, 2019, 09:36:54 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You know, it just occurred to me that whoever gets the first kill wins.  The copy ability thing they got?  They'll just get all the abilities of the robot masters that dead Mega Man beat, near doubling their power.
#2043  February 10, 2019, 11:10:08 pm
    • Germany
You know, it just occurred to me that whoever gets the first kill wins.  The copy ability thing they got?  They'll just get all the abilities of the robot masters that dead Mega Man beat, near doubling their power.

Afaik only the Original Megaman and X have the copy ablility, all other versions of Megaman in this Battle are dependent on outside help to get weapon changes or upgrades.
#2044  February 14, 2019, 12:30:28 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Super fighting robot!

:EDIT:  And Mega Man 10

Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:52:21 pm by Person Man
#2045  February 27, 2019, 07:55:26 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!

I am pleased with this outcome.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#2046  February 27, 2019, 09:32:07 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2047  February 27, 2019, 10:42:45 pm
    • USA
Some...odd decisions were made.

And sorry, the animation had a lot going on, but none of it was really impactful.  Some of them even were killed off to no fanfare or even acknowledgement to them being gone outside they simply were not in the scene any more.  And the last two kills were just shrugged off.

Next battle is based solely on some wordplay with their names and neither are particularly interesting characters.  Ah well.  The last Death Battle Cast confirmed this next one's in 3D, but I suppose given one of the two characters that was to be expected.

Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:55:42 pm by Long John Killer
#2048  February 27, 2019, 11:58:12 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

As for the next fight, the wordplay is cute... but it is a battle of opposites. Black Widow is strong at close range while Widowmaker is an excellent sniper. I'm pretty sure that Black Widow has been trained to use a sniper rifle during her training, but is she better then Widowmaker at being a sniper? That's a question that should be asked here.
#2049  February 28, 2019, 12:55:28 am
    • USA

The next fight's gonna be another curb stomp for the same reason as a lot of other fights:  Material.  There is SOOOOOOO much more reference material for Black Widow than there is for Widowmaker, so the odds that they'll be able to find examples of her overcoming comparable abilities and feats is way higher.
#2050  February 28, 2019, 01:04:07 am
    • USA

You know, Widowmaker wouldn't have this issue of missing content to cover if they just freaking made that single-player campaign they talked about, what, two years ago now?  To cover the actual canon since the multiplayer isn't intended to be used at all other than the background locals being actual places that did not contain the battles you're currently involved in?  It's like BioShock 2 or Halo 5, but without the meat of the actual story to back up this side-story they have going on in multiplayer.

So it's just BioShock 2, then, actually.
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 01:07:33 am by Long John Killer
#2051  February 28, 2019, 01:46:43 am
    • USA
Widowmaker could have her own fully-fledged single-player only spinoff game and it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket to Black Widow.  She's been kicking around comics, movies, cartoons, video games, and more for more than 50 years.  There's just so much more to work with that there's no way Amelie has anything in her kit that Natasha hasn't beaten 50 times over.
#2052  February 28, 2019, 01:54:18 am
    • USA
Ok, wouldn't be AS one-sided in the lore departments.  There would be a consistent character to play as and get to know at least, instead of everything in-game being soft-canon and free to dispose of at an update's notice.

Overwatch is just such a disappointment to me since everything following its first showing, sorry.  I was hoping for some Halo CE-3 meets Pixar game with the story depth of Diablo/StarCraft/Warcraft to come out of it, not a Team Fortress clone.
#2053  March 01, 2019, 08:04:03 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
How about

A. Not giving us such obvious one sided match ups
B. Not pairing Comic book characters with anything but other comic book characters seeing as they usually tend to have the advantage over characters from other media just by the sheer amount of material that can be gathered to point out something that gives them the win

I don't even need to read comics to know that Black Widow killing Widowmaker is just another day on the job for BW.

Also lol expecting deep lore from a Multiplayer shooter.
#2054  March 01, 2019, 01:32:11 pm
    • USA
Well yeah, NOW, duh, it's pointless to expect anything substantial out of Overwatch, but at the time it was marketed as this game about an orange lady superhero with Portal powers who is not copying Chell at all and her gorilla cop partner stopping crimes from supervillains and assassins, with zero emphasis on multiplayer.  It looked like it had potential.
#2055  March 01, 2019, 01:39:14 pm
    • USA
Not to derail the thread or anything, but Overwatch was always exclusively advertised as a team-based FPS.  They fleshed out the lore with animated shorts, but at no point did they ever once state or even imply that it'd be a single-player, character story driven game or some kind of Pixar movie.  It kinda sounds like you came up with your own incorrect assumptions and chose to blame the game for not meeting them.
#2056  March 01, 2019, 01:57:21 pm
i don't play overwatch all i know is that their all gay and have hot asses.
#2057  March 07, 2019, 12:47:31 am
    • USA
Brown Recluse

#2058  March 08, 2019, 04:50:17 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Widowmaker could have her own fully-fledged single-player only spinoff game and it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket to Black Widow.  She's been kicking around comics, movies, cartoons, video games, and more for more than 50 years.  There's just so much more to work with that there's no way Amelie has anything in her kit that Natasha hasn't beaten 50 times over.
A lot of superheroes have existed for 50+ years, but Black Widow is one of the few (like Captain America, Wolverine, Namor, etc.) who have actually been around that long in-universe as well: she was born in the late 1920s (she was given Russia's version of the Super-Soldier Serum when she was being trained, which accounts for her greatly extended lifespan and youth, but did not otherwise grant her any increased abilities like the American version did on Steve Rogers) and started working as a spy and assassin as a young child. She has an insane amount of experience that spans almost the entirety of the 20th century, with several lifetimes of experience, on top of the advantage of having so much material and feats to draw from!
#2059  March 13, 2019, 08:08:03 pm
    • USA
Wimblebimble

#2060  March 20, 2019, 06:32:00 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Here it is

Spoiler: Next tiiiime on Death Battle (click to see content)
Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:39:24 pm by DatKofGuy