YesNoOk

DisplayToClipboard does not work? (Read 3000 times)

Started by DR119, November 17, 2017, 08:10:01 pm
Share this topic:
DisplayToClipboard does not work?
New #1  November 17, 2017, 08:10:01 pm
I want to add something to the clipboard with DisplayToClipboard, but where is the clipboard? I turned on debug mode, but I can't find the text ("clipboard test") at all. Did I do something wrong or am I too dumb to find it?

Code:
[state 30, clipboard]
type=DisplayToClipboard
trigger1=1
text="clipboard test"
Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:15:04 am by DR119
Re: DisplayToClipboard does not work?
#2  November 17, 2017, 08:21:07 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
That should work... the message should appear under all the other debug info.

Are you sure you are looking at the debug info for the player with that code?  You can tab through different player's debug info by pressing Ctrl+D repeatedly.

Are there any other DIsplayToClipboard controllers in the player's code that might be taking priority?

#3  November 17, 2017, 08:37:49 pm
I coded it in the common1.cns file and there is no displaytoclipboard code in the character's cns.
I've got no idea what's wrong
#4  November 17, 2017, 08:49:46 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Unless you place it in the minus states, DisplayToClipboard will only work if your character enters those states.
It's also possible that your debug text is offset below the screen. When you press Ctrl+D, does any text at all show up at the bottom of the screen?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5  November 17, 2017, 08:57:05 pm
Unless you place it in the minus states, DisplayToClipboard will only work if your character enters those states.
It's also possible that your debug text is offset below the screen. When you press Ctrl+D, does any text at all show up at the bottom of the screen?

The frames, stateno, actionid, etc. do show up at the bottom of the screen, but the clipboard doesn't
#6  November 17, 2017, 09:48:49 pm

So do I have to use a negative state number?
#7  November 17, 2017, 09:58:17 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Use Ctrl+F to search for Statedef -2.  You'll find [Statedef -2]

Move the code from wherever you have it now, putting it somewhere below [Statedef -2]

Should solve your problem!