Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#3021  May 13, 2018, 08:57:54 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Because it was making a statement relating to #metoo. Sucks that you can sway votes by riding on the back of a hot topic, but it is what it is.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3022  May 17, 2018, 10:07:14 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I just got the chance to see some of the new season of Spongebob and...this part from Moving Bubble Bass....

Not to mention they gave Fred (the fish that always gets his leg messed up), his own episode to really crack people up.
#3023  May 21, 2018, 05:57:35 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I was reading through Infinite's Deadpool release thread where the Unlimited team was... unappreciative of their sprites being made far better use of.  And amidst all the familiar posts about permission, someone said this:

I understand that some creators see asking permission as a sign of respect.  However, thinking this through logically, if one did ask permission, and permission was not granted - what then?  Would the entire community then have to accept only the original released contribution, with no chance of it ever being improved upon or given a fresh perspective by someone else?  That would very quickly shut down the ability for any mugen releases to evolve creatively and for the whole community to enjoy a variety of mugen works.  I think crediting the original authors shows enough respect on its own.

As good an argument as that is, there is however one actual case of permission being asked for and subsequently denied: Dragon Claw.  There was a WIP where someone wanted to make an edit of Dragon Claw to improve him with new moves and such, but then it was discovered that apparently Reu's family had decided not to allow any further edits of Dragon Claw after PotS's 1.0 update to it.  So the WIP died, and the only latest Dragon Claw available even today is still PotS's 1.0 update; no doubt a testament to the community's respect for Reu.

This is a double-edged sword.  On one hand, there won't be any Shin Evil God Orochi Hyper Demon Of Omega Death Dragon Claws; but on the other hand, there won't be any MvC3 Dragon Claws either.  Still, Reu's family has spoken so that's that.

Which means I'm probably stuck with his very unhype and very unchallenging 1.0 AI forever.
#3024  May 21, 2018, 05:58:29 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Is there anything that I miss out on by not learning how to work with the DooM engine? 
I've been messing around with BUILD to create my own custom Duke Nukem 3D map and in some ways it seems simpler to use.

Aside the 8192 sector limit, is there anything that the DooM engine has that BUILD can't do?
#3025  May 24, 2018, 05:24:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#3026  May 24, 2018, 05:40:01 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Finnish courts have always been pretty rubbish. This is a new low though.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#3027  May 24, 2018, 07:16:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#3028  May 24, 2018, 07:43:19 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#3029  May 24, 2018, 09:06:18 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Just... why? And where would such things be considered "normal" anyway, aside from otaku culture?

Pffft, do you really have to ask?

The only surprising thing about this is that it comes from Finland and not Sweden or Germany, whom IINM have only released individual rulings in favor of refugee """marriages""", not straight up legalized it. I thought Finland still had some hope.
Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:09:54 pm by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#3030  May 26, 2018, 12:54:14 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
The court was obviously biased against him on account of his religion if he got three years just for sexual abuse of a minor. In 2015 three men raped three children aged between 3 and 5 and only got three years and some months each. Finland is just not the kind of country where rapists get long sentences.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#3031  May 28, 2018, 10:37:00 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Alright, anyone here plays Fire Emblem Echoes? Because I'm trying to decide which class would be better for Atlas.
So far, the candidates are Cavalry, Mercenary and Archer.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#3032  May 28, 2018, 03:56:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
not to be a dick, but I think we have a fire emblem topic.
#3033  May 28, 2018, 04:28:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You're half-right. It's for Heroes specifically.
#3034  May 28, 2018, 05:33:22 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I’ve been noticing that CvS sprites are the most popular in MUGEN. I imagine that’s because so many character sprites exist in CvS style but is that the real reason?

I always thought CpsIII sprites were king, even SvC beats CvS in my opinion.(both mainly because of the animations, not specifically the sprites.)

Am I alone on this?
Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:13:01 pm by ink
#3035  May 28, 2018, 06:32:24 pm
i think people like them because they got to see kof characters in different style for once. up until then kof kept its art style for a little over 10 years or so.
so yeah its bound to be popular with kof fans.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3036  May 28, 2018, 07:39:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

I am not sure they are the most popular, but they are up there with kof style ones; I think the why they are popular reason is very similar, there is a decent bank of already existing sprites and those two styles are the most consistent,efficient and easier ones to create sprites for, as well as being visually pleasing.

Like, body proportions are similar for both, they  are 7-8 heads tall, which is a canon that's good, different styles can be eastheticallyy pleasing, but they don't feel athletic, like, less ehads and the sprites feel comical, like smash bros, melty blood /neogeo pocket styles. Taller ones feel more like models and less like martial arts, things like blazblue and other hires sprite games, which feel more like "suepr powered anime fighters" that martial arts.

CVS has simple, cartoonish shading, that is fast to produce and easy to grasp , actually most people who "fail" cvs do so because they overcomplicate the shading. While kof's shading is more complex it has the advantage of being very natural, so people who do gradual shading get kof shading. Now, a lot of cvs and kof fan sprites do not follow the standar closely, but I think it's an advantage of the styles, both of them are very resilient to "innacuracies" like the "cvs" style sprites that overdo the shading, actually feel and fit well in cvs, and kof is similar regarding the pillow shading.

So I think it's not really about quality but about accesibility.
#3037  May 28, 2018, 07:43:58 pm
I think CvS is prettier than both KoF (pre 12) and SF (pre 3, although I'm not such a big fan of 3 as everyone else is)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3038  May 28, 2018, 09:06:45 pm
    • USA
I never really considered that. These are actually really good reasons!

Maybe I’m just tired of see those same old sprite/animations. Part of me wants to make new animations for them and another part of me just wants to see what’s next.

I would really like to see some anime style sprites of street fighters!!
#3039  May 28, 2018, 11:47:21 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
#3040  May 29, 2018, 12:45:48 am
    • USA
I guess our ideas of anime sprites is different. But I get what you mean.