YesNoOk

World Warriors 3: Nuclear Conflict (Read 8252 times)

Started by HQ, May 21, 2018, 03:42:49 pm
Share this topic:

HQ

World Warriors 3: Nuclear Conflict
#1  May 21, 2018, 03:42:49 pm
Re: World Warriors 3: Nuclear Conflict
#2  May 21, 2018, 04:33:23 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Are you proud to present this, HQ, really? Are you sure you aren't ashamed and disgusted of yourself?
#3  May 21, 2018, 05:12:02 pm
  • SNK is life
?

Political satire seems like fair game.

HQ

#4  May 21, 2018, 06:22:31 pm
#5  May 21, 2018, 06:33:44 pm
    • USA
i mean i guess you can say it might offend some ppl but honestly it looks like a creative and fun project.
#6  May 21, 2018, 07:53:30 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
This is gonna get shut down so fast lol, Kim vs trump really?
#7  May 21, 2018, 07:57:04 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Sorry HQ but I can't support this, this whole game's concept is just in extremely poor taste to me.
#8  May 21, 2018, 08:06:36 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
1. You dont have the rights to the world warriors brand.
2. You'll never get permission to use trumps name and
Likeness or any other politicians.

So why are  you asking for money for a project that's
never going nowhere, you tryin to get sued?
#9  May 21, 2018, 08:18:55 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Actually interesting, but like Memo said, there's no way this is going forward, you'll get into trouble.
Lasagna
#10  May 21, 2018, 08:25:50 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
You know, this can go bad in soooooo many ways. I mean on one hand, you can pass this off as a parody law (assuming countries don't have specific laws regarding how they are parodying well known, public figures) but then you have the fact that its political satire which can lead into deep shit. It's too bad ya seemed to have worked on it a ton already, since it doesn't look bad (don't take this the wrong way).

We have had art that has discussed topics like this for many years, but this is sort of questionable/stretch... Let's see what happens tho, eh?
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:30:26 pm by TheFclass97

HQ

#11  May 21, 2018, 09:02:16 pm
This is gonna get shut down so fast lol, Kim vs trump really?
Satire my friend. I've worked on a similar game about German politics & the law there is pretty straight forward.

Sorry HQ but I can't support this, this whole game's concept is just in extremely poor taste to me.
You are clearly offended for reasons I can only estimate. I saw the message on twitter from TeamZ2 though and I'm honestly without words. It is not only an incredibly demand that you want me to not ever mention that I have ever worked on HyperDBZ, but also that I basically erase this part of my animation history. You and no one of HyperDBZ is associated with this product and this is clear. While I can only estimate that it is pissing you off because I mentioned that I was a former animator on it, the history is pretty clear for anyone involved. I've made animations for HyperDBZ, and even if you erase anything from the game I ever made, it won't change a dime about the fact that I worked on it, with YOU and the rest of the team. Even after our bad split I had high regards towards anyone involved and never did anything to ever hurt your "brand" - so why do you think I would start now? You don't like the concept, fine. It is Satire, it is anti-war & an obvious critic towards the politicians involved. If you don't particularly find this satire funny or agree with these adjectives, this is up to you.

1. You dont have the rights to the world warriors brand.
2. You'll never get permission to use trumps name and
Likeness or any other politicians.

So why are  you asking for money for a project that's
never going nowhere, you tryin to get sued?
1. WorldWarriors3:NuclearConflict is the full name
2. I don't need the permission. Check any other project regarding use of clear names of famous figures. Plus of course I'm not trying to get sued.

Actually interesting, but like Memo said, there's no way this is going forward, you'll get into trouble.
Why do you think that?

You know, this can go bad in soooooo many ways. I mean on one hand, you can pass this off as a parody law (assuming countries don't have specific laws regarding how they are parodying well known, public figures) but then you have the fact that its political satire which can lead into deep shit. It's too bad ya seemed to have worked on it a ton already, since it doesn't look bad (don't take this the wrong way).

We have had art that has discussed topics like this for many years, but this is sort of questionable/stretch... Let's see what happens tho, eh?
Again, as mentioned, I've worked on a similar game in Germany that went viral. There was legal discussions but satire is clearly protected. Thank You, the time spent on it was fine :)
#12  May 21, 2018, 09:06:03 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
  • Parody is completely legal, even if you or other parties are offended by it. If it weren’t, MAD Magazine and SNL would be out of business.
  • Selling content you make for MUGEN is also legal, provided you use your own intellectual property.
  • Distributing the MUGEN binaries with it is not legal without a license from Elecbyte.
  • You cannot use the name “World Warriors” because it is copyrighted.

Do you people finally understand?
#13  May 21, 2018, 09:07:11 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Well, I like the artistic direction!  Will be following this project.

Better crank it out fast in the event of a peaceful international resolution!

lui

#14  May 21, 2018, 09:32:55 pm
    • USA
HQ I don't think youre correct about why balth doesn't wanna support, you're assuming is has to do with your history with the hdbz team and whatnot based on what I read and you're taking it to heart a bit too much.

I don't want to comment more of what's already said, I'll just say this: political stuff like this will always be met with some sort of backlash, parody or not. I do hope you're prepared for that fact
#15  May 21, 2018, 09:44:05 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna

HQ

#16  May 21, 2018, 09:51:39 pm
HQ I don't think youre correct about why balth doesn't wanna support, you're assuming is has to do with your history with the hdbz team and whatnot based on what I read and you're taking it to heart a bit too much.

I don't want to comment more of what's already said, I'll just say this: political stuff like this will always be met with some sort of backlash, parody or not. I do hope you're prepared for that fact
Don't get me wrong here, but I didn't ask for his support. There's a bit of a stretch between not liking a project and telling someone to feel ashamed or disgusted by oneself. In addition to that the demand of him/them towards me on twitter dm's is something that keeps me literally speechless.

Thanks Ash. "World Warriors 3" is the name.
#17  May 21, 2018, 09:52:54 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
HQ, one of the reasons why we don't want the name HDBZ associated or referenced in your project is because some of us are working with government-related agencies and suppliers.
Having your parody game associated/referenced to HDBZ could have huge negative impact on our careers or towards prospective employers. As simple as that.

Parody and political satire could be ok in Germany or Austria, but I can ensure you it's not appreciated in Russia or Turkey.

All we ask is that you change the HDBZ reference in kickstarter and say for example "Quality animator in indie games" or something like that.
And on your Twitter profile, change the part "Working on HDBZ" by "Formerly worked in HDBZ"

Hope you will understand our request and concerns towards your project
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#18  May 21, 2018, 10:12:04 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

HQ

#19  May 21, 2018, 10:25:16 pm
HQ, one of the reasons why we don't want the name HDBZ associated or referenced in your project is because some of us are working with government-related agencies and suppliers.
Having your parody game associated/referenced to HDBZ could have huge negative impact on our careers or towards prospective employers. As simple as that.

Parody and political satire could be ok in Germany or Austria, but I can ensure you it's not appreciated in Russia or Turkey.

All we ask is that you change the HDBZ reference in kickstarter and say for example "Quality animator in indie games" or something like that.
And on your Twitter profile, change the part "Working on HDBZ" by "Formerly worked in HDBZ"

Hope you will understand our request and concerns towards your project

According to your logic there, no one ever should ever list any person or project ever worked on in a team. The project BundesFighter was done for a German state-financed company. I bet you everything that they'd have more of a problem (which they don't) than an anonymous name such as XG or a fan game called HyperDBZ;  It is a bit of a wide stretch to make the connection from a guy who states that he worked on a fan game and "criminalizing" a team he has formerly worked with and in the even far more stretched reality, finding out your real name and the work you or anyone else does in real life. If you do shit in real life on your own and say that you are a team member of a fan game, what does that have to do with Balthazar or anyone else on TeamZ2? Nada.

Obviously & I'm sure you know that I'm sincere: I don't want to have a negative impact on your life's. BUT, thinking that because we both worked on the same project and I go out and do something you don't agree with, makes me fail to see how it can have an impact on you, especially since I'm in no words saying that I'm an active part of HyperDBZ on Kickstarter or that you or anyone else of Z2 is involved with it. Even if I were part of TeamZ2 I fail to see where this make my actions have consequences on yourself - this is the dangerous "relative-guilt" any totalitarian regime has strived for (your family member does shit and everyone is guilty for that). This group think is dangerous imho, but that's a whole other topic.

(sorry for that on Twitter, it has been there for ages and not been touched ever since - you can see my activity on twitter and can probably estimate yourself that I never recognized it being there nor that I would leave it standing - I of course deleted that immediately when you pointed me to it)

Byakko: We made a legal check.
#20  May 21, 2018, 10:39:17 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Not to sidetrack this thread anymore than it already is...

Are you guys even sure "World Warriors" is copyrighted trademarked? I couldn't find anything saying it was. HQ is clearly saying that the title is different because a 3 is added.

Also, you guys on the HyperDBZ team are being unfair. It's definitely a stretch to say this game is associated with HDBZ or the makers of it because he happen to do some sprite work for it. There is no way I would remove that info if I were HQ, I don't think any artist would.

-edit-
 :ninja:

I'll be watching this project. It looks great!

Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:43:12 pm by ink