YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 998744 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#741  July 22, 2018, 02:28:51 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Did Jiren really have any signature moves to translate into fighting game material, now that I think of it?  I'm trying to think what he did in the show, and it was hit Goku hard when Ultra Instinct first showed.  Hit Kale hard when she went Berserk with a little pose.  And....just typical Dragon Ball fighting with the later mastered Ultra Instinct Goku.  I mean, certainly it can be done but I wouldn't say it'll be all that interesting to watch fight.

Also Broly's already in the game, so I'd imagine a skin would be better.  I know the movie's not even out yet, but I don't think we're expecting the new Broly's fighting style to change drastically from the original one's variant, yeah?
#742  July 22, 2018, 02:47:59 am
I dunno, most of the original film had him directly in green mode already wiping the floor with everyone, grabbing people left and right and smashing them down (all the spike moves and that one "glass breaking" punch on Goku that I loved), and the current Broly in DBFZ has a bunch of grabs, and finishing the job with a close range exploding blast. This new Broly spends a lot more time in base form and he seems a lot more punchy than grabby, smashing things with a big swing and sending people flying away, and apparently an exploding chest bump which is just funny. He does feel a bit different, and we have several Gokus that play differently enough so I didn't even think of making this new one an alt costume for the original one. But that's just from the trailer, of course.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:53:30 am by Byakko
#743  July 22, 2018, 02:52:53 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Did Jiren really have any signature moves to translate into fighting game material, now that I think of it?  I'm trying to think what he did in the show, and it was hit Goku hard when Ultra Instinct first showed.  Hit Kale hard when she went Berserk with a little pose.  And....just typical Dragon Ball fighting with the later mastered Ultra Instinct Goku.  I mean, certainly it can be done but I wouldn't say it'll be all that interesting to watch fight.

Also Broly's already in the game, so I'd imagine a skin would be better.  I know the movie's not even out yet, but I don't think we're expecting the new Broly's fighting style to change drastically from the original one's variant, yeah?

Jiren main techniques included his flurry of fists that become nigh invisible, his red power blast and his eyes. I mean I could go longer and more detailed with his energy cages but he hardly was a slouch
#744  July 22, 2018, 03:50:03 am
    • USA
I did completely forget about the eye laser thing.  In retrospect, him being some amalgamation of Superman's powers over Batman's background, that should have stood out more in my head.  Whoops.  The gum gum gatling gun thing I don't think is really unique to him, heck, I'm remembering Luffy for it better, but I think Captain Ginyu did it too?  But I guess that yeah, there's stuff Fighterz can work with, sure, just nothing really eye-catching.

I dunno about Broly though, it seems not really worth the effort for this game to make a whole separate Broly character to play as.  Now, going on down the line in the future, it should be reversed with new canon Broly being the default and classic original non-canon one make the cut as a skin or color palette, but for this game there's just better places to put effort into, and simply reskinning the Broly in game would still probably get a positive reception.
#745  July 22, 2018, 04:14:23 am
Now, going on down the line in the future, it should be reversed with new canon Broly being the default and classic original non-canon one make the cut as a skin or color palette
Oh, I don't know about that, this movie would have to gain instant tremendous popularity to wipe out decades of fanboying over a guy that three movies tried to kill off in a one-time battle and constantly had to bring back with a dumb reason. He's always the first big requested character in any new game.
It's also the reason I'm hoping they don't kill him off this time and keep him in the background of the world of Super - we know he's popular and people will keep wanting to see new things with him, might as well admit it and not try to kill him off (unless they pull a Freeza again, kill him because it's the only way to stop him but then immediately offer him a chance to walk it off and come back). Trying to leave him dead would kill all hype for this new Broly and we'll all just go back to the old Broly, and forcing the new Broly in games when he's killed off like a bitch would be frustrating because we didn't get as much time to bond with him as with the old one. If they keep him around, at least he has a chance of gaining more relevance in the fandom and one day overtake the original version.

Oh, lol, imagine if Beerus is initially unimpressed with Broly but then when he keeps growing stronger and stronger and eventually crushes Blue, Beerus will suddenly think Goku isn't all that interesting and Broly can grow even faster than him (and Goku needing training and nearly dying all the time, so boring, so last decade) so Beerus wil dump Goku's ass and take Broly with him to be the next God of Destruction. I mean, how does that title not fit Broly more than Goku or Vegeta, there's no way Beerus doesn't wonder if the "Super Saiyan God" dream he had wasn't supposed to be about Broly rather than Goku. They just need to make Broly not go off his meds ! Yeah, that's all they need to do...
(well, I'm not really expecting it because the gods seem more hyped about a human reaching Ultra Instinct when the gods themselves can't really do that well)

100% not happening.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:31:49 am by Byakko
#746  July 22, 2018, 04:28:13 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
what Im really waiting for futures updates of this game: it´s the possibilite to turn into ssj/blue in game because we have already 3 diferents Goku and 3 diferents vegeta in the roster. that would be amazing use the diferent powers and technique that every transformations have in the game. and at the same time the posibilite untransform , maybe losing a bar or something.

and master roshi needs to be in this game.!
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:37:15 am by yaret
#747  July 22, 2018, 04:39:06 am
    • USA
Well, that will only go so well until Broly proclaims that he's not a god, he's the Devil, and Beerus realizes that the typical power creep had finally caught up on him and he's become the new Piccolo. (I'm joking but really, I wonder what they intend to do once they establish Goku's gone beyond this level cap they set with him and supposedly past temporarily last arc)

I'd imagine that regardless of initial popularity over the original or not, they're gonna want to push their new image on the forefront of advertisements.  After all, why go through the process of creating a new look if not to flaunt it?  Not always turning out the best, personally, having years of Superman without the red shorts just looked wrong to me and it was plastered everywhere, but people seem to be mostly being positive to this new Broly.  If it backfires there's always the old Broly to turn back to, but I'd have to imagine once this movie comes out we're gonna see a lot more of him as the default Broly.  You'll probably see the old non-canon one used here and there for, well, more obscure non-canon roles like SSJ4 Broly in Heroes.
#748  July 22, 2018, 05:11:11 am
Tomorrow the V-Jump is leaking so prepare for Base Goku and Vegeta, y'all.
ooh yeah tomorrow.xD it was 5 weeks later hehehe
------------------------------------
Base Goku and Base Vegeta.xD what do you think about it? are you hyped? about these iconic characters.

I knew these two will be in one day  :bjugoi: time for three Vegetas in a team  :truestory:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#749  July 22, 2018, 04:18:37 pm

they'll figure something out to make the new broly to be a new character rather than a skin. how many gokus and vegetas do we have in this game?

and jiren is popular enough , he'll get it they did manage to squeeze in the ginyu force and recoome and guldo are the only one who really made any signature moves in the show, captain ginyu's milky cannon wasn't in the show ,  jeice didn't do anything too , burter just zoomed around and punted vegeta once.

this is typical for dragonball games., bodukai managed to solve this problem by making the character moves costumizable , you could edit their supers and the transformation you want them to have and xenoverse 2 did partially the same thing , now you can even edit the character's clothes and probably in xenoverse 3 we see a better version of that instead of have 3 goku character with only 2 or 3 different super and transformation as DLC.
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:25:23 pm by 地獄の花
#750  July 22, 2018, 04:47:59 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Give me Mr. Satan already.
#751  July 22, 2018, 06:09:40 pm
this is typical for dragonball games., bodukai managed to solve this problem by making the character moves costumizable , you could edit their supers and the transformation you want them to have and xenoverse 2 did partially the same thing , now you can even edit the character's clothes and probably in xenoverse 3 we see a better version of that instead of have 3 goku character with only 2 or 3 different super and transformation as DLC.
That's exactly why they were never taken seriously in the competitive scene. This game is fine without any customization crap.
And Jeice and Burta had that purple crusher projectile, and I'm pretty sure Ginyu had that milky way blast in the anime ?

lui

#752  July 22, 2018, 06:13:43 pm
    • USA
Milky Cannon and all of the ginyu Force's moves were in the anime.

This is pretty basic stuff to remember

Also jiren has enough for a fighting game.
#753  July 22, 2018, 06:44:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Only side joke characters didnt have enough to make a move list out of, this game has like five moves and three hypers  at most per character , Theres really no reason to assume jiren wouldnt have enough when he spent so many episodes fighting and unleaching new move after new move.

You are not going to see something like Popo or Captain Chickenman, but they can adapt pretty much anyone with what they are doing, even Magetta or Cabba.
#754  July 23, 2018, 05:24:40 am
    • Argentina
Bulma in power armor with blonde lunch as back up
#755  July 23, 2018, 07:39:34 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Tomorrow the V-Jump is leaking so prepare for Base Goku and Vegeta, y'all.
ooh yeah tomorrow.xD it was 5 weeks later hehehe
------------------------------------
Base Goku and Base Vegeta.xD what do you think about it? are you hyped? about these iconic characters.

I knew these two will be in one day  :bjugoi: time for three Vegetas in a team  :truestory:

I got backlash from a friend who would lash out @ the fact that there’s 4 goku and three vegeta soon to be in this game and the fact that I’m telling him arcsys is not that heavy on clones because there was always something different about them(clones) in their FGs. I think he was played too much BT3
#756  July 23, 2018, 07:34:23 pm
    • Dominica
new beautiful pics   :coollove:

#757  July 23, 2018, 07:42:43 pm
Yeeeeesss one-handed small Genkidama is in, I was really hoping it wouldn't just get cut for the big one.
#758  July 24, 2018, 03:04:49 am
    • USA
all I can say is thank God I did not got the season pass I did not get ripped off
now people can have 3 Son Goku and 3 Vegeta 
all I want Android 17 I'll be good
#759  July 24, 2018, 02:53:30 pm
    • Dominica
 :muttrox: :coollove: it´s fun the way goku is landing at the floor.xD  :yaoming:
Goku black hair :yaoming:

Vegeta black hair :yaoming: Well vegeta trailer didnt impress me to be honest. because he still shares lot of moves from the other 2 Vegetas in the game.  :mokay:
Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:19:28 pm by yaret
#760  July 28, 2018, 06:18:13 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
That's exactly why they were never taken seriously in the competitive scene. This game is fine without any customization crap.
And Jeice and Burta had that purple crusher projectile, and I'm pretty sure Ginyu had that milky way blast in the anime ?

'Customization crap' is the least of Xenoverse's problems in terms of competitive viability.